Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Countdown to LC Results 2011

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭begsy

justified wrote: »
    I'm literally in the same boat! only 20 places on the course I want which is scaring the shít outa me :(

Omg really? Ha 'm being nosey here but what course you hoping for? The fct that there is only twenty places is actually terrifying becauseeven if i do get good results i might not get a place... :( Results are coming closer and strangely i'm not as nervous anymore.. Best of luck to you...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

4 days! :eek:

Ciara what happened to not counting down the days!?:P
    Locker10a wrote: »
    I know a girl who says she is not going to open her results untill after she gets her offers on the 22nd!!! I couldnt wait that long knowing i could know what i got!!!

She'll so cave..that's far too long to leave the envelope unopened/the pin unused.

begsy wrote: »
    Omg really? Ha 'm being nosey here but what course you hoping for? The fct that there is only twenty places is actually terrifying becauseeven if i do get good results i might not get a place... :( Results are coming closer and strangely i'm not as nervous anymore.. Best of luck to you...

There's only 20 places for school leavers in my top two courses...screwed tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,666 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

How does that make you screwed :S unless the points are extraordinarily high you're in the same boat as everyone else. If last years points were 450 in 2 courses, 1 with 20 places and 1 with 200 places its the exact same.

AdamD wrote: »
    How does that make you screwed :S unless the points are extraordinarily high you're in the same boat as everyone else. If last years points were 450 in 2 courses, 1 with 20 places and 1 with 200 places its the exact same.

True:P Just the points are so high and won't come down because there's so few places.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭begsy

_meehan_ wrote: »
    There's only 20 places for school leavers in my top two courses...screwed tbh.

think positive :) ha 20 places in total for my first preference.. that includes places for mature fetac etc..:( hopefully things will go well and work out the way there supposed to..

• Registered Users Posts: 29 FreshTillDeath

I'm just dying to have the whole secondary school experience finally over. The final nail in the coffin regardless of how well I did!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭flyaway.

For the last few weeks I've been nervous and terrified but now I just want to KNOW. I'm even a little excited.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭ak4

I'm just dying to have the whole secondary school experience finally over. The final nail in the coffin regardless of how well I did!

i feel exact same, of course i wanna do well but il get something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Killian1993

flyaway. wrote: »
    For the last few weeks I've been nervous and terrified but now I just want to KNOW. I'm even a little excited.

Same, I stopped being nervous only lately, I thinks it's because I now realise there's nothing that can be done, whats the point in worrying...

Is anyone going to count their points first instead of looking at grades per subject then counting?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 ItsMeSarah94

I'm getting real anxious and nervous now but at the same time I want to know how I did now! I just want to finally say goodbye to secondary school and start looking forward to college! Like it's funny how a piece of paper determines what u do for the rest of your life! :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Now I'm getting a little jittery,but at the same time,I really want to know!

Had a crazy dream last night where I rang the school to get my results, and the phone just burst into flames :confused:

God, my brain is fúcked from this whole lc thing!

Now I'm getting a little jittery,but at the same time,I really want to know!

Had a crazy dream last night where I rang the school to get my results, and the phone just burst into flames :confused:

God, my brain is fúcked from this whole lc thing!

Haha I had a slightly similar dream where I rang the school asking for my results and they told me to **** off and hung up on me! the cheek of them!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Haha I had a slightly similar dream where I rang the school asking for my results and they told me to **** off and hung up on me! the cheek of them!!

In my school, I wouldn't be surprised if that actually happened!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

In my school, I wouldn't be surprised if that actually happened!

In my school it would happen (well maybe not in those words), unless in some way you could prove it was actually you ringing.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭whatcartoget

Have ye're parents said much to ye about Wednesday. My parents haven't mentioned a word to me about the results day and I haven't brought it up with them. Now, I would expect this from my dad but not from my mam. I take it she know's the date? Have ye're parents mentioned it?

spurious wrote: »
    In my school it would happen (well maybe not in those words), unless in some way you could prove it was actually you ringing.

Hey spurious will I have to give them my name or exam number to get my results at my school? Oh I really hope the deputy principal won't call us into his office individually for our results...

Oh I really hope the deputy principal won't call us into his office individually for our results...

I think I would die if this happened in my school:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 ItsMeSarah94

Have ye're parents said much to ye about Wednesday. My parents haven't mentioned a word to me about the results day and I haven't brought it up with them. Now, I would expect this from my dad but not from my mam. I take it she know's the date? Have ye're parents mentioned it?

My parents have mentioned it a good bit! But like not in a good way my dad keeps asking me do I have a plan B and making jokes about me having to repeat which is not good and really worrying! :( but my mam try's to be positive......sure arent we all!?! :)

_meehan_ wrote: »
    I think I would die if this happened in my school:eek:

He called us in individually for our bloody Christmas exam results and our mocks! so I have a feeling that he might just do the same on Wednesday :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭RHunce

Had a dream last night about my grades! It was awful! In my dream I refused to count my points because I knew how bad they were but the minute I woke up I whipped out the phone calculator and the horror on my face was something else!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Cathal1992

Last night I dreamt that I opened my results and failed Irish and Physics , didnt get enough points for any of my courses , and then I woke up at 4am and a massive garden spider was crawling over my face.... The lead up to Wed. is rough...

i had a dream i got into school somehow just when the results were brought to the school and there was no names on the envelopes so i had to open loads to find mine :P my results in my dream were reasonably

My god i'm shocked so many people are having dreams (or should I say nightmares) about the results day.

My god i'm shocked so many people are having dreams (or should I say nightmares) about the results day.

i had mine all last week in about two nights, now i make sure to go to bed with a clear head :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭RHunce

I'm getting my results at 9 on Wednesday then I get to put down a seven hour shift at work!

RHunce wrote: »
    I'm getting my results at 9 on Wednesday then I get to put down a seven hour shift at work!

ahhh i was given the day off work.... thank god, id have everyone come up to me n ask me how i did :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭dillo2k10

I had a horrible dream about getting my results.

I went down to the school and all of my teachers were standing there, they made me open the results in front of them. I failed Irish and got a D in Math (I need a C3). I started crying and they all just stood there with a disappointed/ashamed look.

I was driving home, still crying and I wasnt paying attention and crashed into a lorrie. They I woke up gasping for breath :(

RHunce wrote: »

Im in work too, from 5pm :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Hey spurious will I have to give them my name or exam number to get my results at my school? Oh I really hope the deputy principal won't call us into his office individually for our results...

If you're ringing up the school, they should ask you to prove your identity in some way.

If you're there in person you can just ask for your results - unless it's a huge school and staff would not know everyone. You won't need your exam number.

You are entitled to take your results and leave and can say that to the Deputy Principal. They have no business requiring you to go into an office if you do not want to.

In fairness, the idea of bringing people into an office is so that they do not get their results in front of other people and the Principal/Year Head/whoever can give advice or sympathy or congratulations in private. It's more to help the students than anything else.

You have to remember there will almost definitely be people in your group who may do really well, but will be disappointed with what they get. It's bad enough having to deal with such a disappointment without your mates all going 'Oh I got 500 and something, what did you get?'

Yes, some teachers will know your results in advance if they have helped put them in envelopes or copied them, but their thoughts will be very much along the lines of 'good for James, he got the A in Irish', or 'I'm delighted for Mary, she passed her Maths' than 'Oh sickener for Tracy she failed English'.

It will be a huge anti-climax though, but such is life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Nicole.

I'm having nightmares about the results, I'm not even waiting for my results, my boyfriend is!:pac:

Advertisement