Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Countdown to LC Results 2011

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭ak4

spurious wrote: »

It will be a huge anti-climax though, but such is life.
    i hear it really is such a anti climax because ever since you have been little u been told how big of a deal ur leaving is n all n then after one piece of paper its over n done with and your life is in ur hands now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Killian1993

ak4 wrote: »
    i hear it really is such a anti climax because ever since you have been little u been told how big of a deal ur leaving is n all n then after one piece of paper its over n done with and your life is in ur hands now

Well said!

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭B_Fanatic

Having your entire life in your hands doesn't sound like an anti-climax at all. :)

Realistically we all have a rough idea of how we did, however those (including myself) who have a rough idea of how they did that is close to the points of that course we want is certainly nerve racking. We can hope for 2 things, we get more points then what the course currently stands at and that the course stays at the same points. Thinking positive is essential at this point, the last thing we need is more stress. But what is also crucial is that we go in for our results with realistic expectations.

Several weeks back I was expecting around 440+ , so I thought to myself what happens if I get less?, won't I certainly be disappointed. So now I have convinced myself that I will get 415 even though at the back of my mind I expect more, I know what ever happens I won't be disappointed but if I had continued to expect 440+ and I don't get it I know for a fact I would be in tatters on the day..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

i wish i could just feel one way instead of about 20
    i keep going from excited to nervous to agitated to restless and back again and everything in between

right now im feeling excited to know if i got as high as i think i did in one and if i failed a disaster of an exam

• Advertisement

i wish i could just feel one way instead of about 20
    i keep going from excited to nervous to agitated to restless and back again and everything in between

right now im feeling excited to know if i got as high as i think i did in one and if i failed a disaster of an exam

Hey at least all of this bull**** will be over by this Wednesday, Till Wednesday the results will constantly be on our mind as they shape our future, fortunately Wednesday is quickly approaching!

Hey at least all of this bull**** will be over by this Wednesday, Till Wednesday the results will constantly be on our mind as they shape our future, fortunately Wednesday is quickly approaching!

then ill start worrying about offers but its only a few days after when ya think of it, but im a worrier by nature :p

what you looking for yourself points/coursewise

then ill start worrying about offers but its only a few days after when ya think of it, but im a worrier by nature :p

what you looking for yourself points/coursewise

Yep the points will be the most worrying because if you get less then what your first choice stands at currently, then.....I'm hoping to get into Biomedical science in DIT which is at 420, so hopefully I get it. my second course is genetics at 410 in DCU. And if i get neither oh well then I have a problem :confused: will probably repeat or go level 7 pathway. I just hope i get what I originally expected after exams, 440+.

What about yourself, any expectations?

Yep the points will be the most worrying because if you get less then what your first choice stands at currently, then.....I'm hoping to get into Biomedical science in DIT which is at 420, so hopefully I get it. my second course is genetics at 410 in DCU. And if i get neither oh well then I have a problem :confused: will probably repeat or go level 7 pathway. I just hope i get what I originally expected after exams, 440+.

What about yourself, any expectations?

i really don't know what to expect to be honest, id like more than 400 but i couldve got a lot over or under don't know what to think
    my 1st choice is 430 in DCU for business&french and then the second is slightly different but still amounts to business&french but the points aren't known as its a new course. i have some low points courses down too id love to do so i hope i get something

good luck

i really don't know what to expect to be honest, id like more than 400 but i couldve got a lot over or under don't know what to think
    my 1st choice is 430 in DCU for business&french and then the second is slightly different but still amounts to business&french but the points aren't known as its a new course. i have some low points courses down too id love to do so i hope i get something

good luck

I just want to feel the happiness and excitement of getting the sufficient amount of points needed, I think we deserve it after being in school since we were 5! I wish you the very best of luck, I'm sure we'll have a great chat on Wednesday ;)

• Advertisement

I just want to feel the happiness and excitement of getting the sufficient amount of points needed, I think we deserve it after being in school since we were 5! I wish you the very best of luck, I'm sure we'll have a great chat on Wednesday ;)

thank you.
    yes we will, hopefully we'll be two happy campers

I've decided that I'm choosing my level 7 course if i don't get my first level 8 choice, hopefully i'm not making a mistake...It's just that they are so dam similar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

For some reason I keep thinking the results are out on Tuesday.. Then I remind myself I've to wait until Wednesday... Bahhhh! I'm going to go cracked with all this waiting!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

I too am s***ing myself over wednesday and the thought of getting these results.

I really wish I had of put in the work but last year wasn't really a great year for me because I was sort of being bullied and whatnot.

I often tell myself I will get 380 but even thinking back to know I got 370 in my mocks it does seem quite unrealistic. My first choice is Arts in Maynooth and for level 7 I have Humanities in Carlow.

I could've got well over 375 but I just wasn't bothered putting in the flippin' effort. Ah well at least all this crap will be over on wed and thank God I will never have to do the Leaving Cert again.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 emzz

"everything happens for a reason".. we'll all get to where we're meant to be!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭ak4

I've decided that I'm choosing my level 7 course if i don't get my first level 8 choice, hopefully i'm not making a mistake...It's just that they are so dam similar

thats the same as me.....even if i get my 1st choice on level 8 i still might decide to choose my level 7

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭kahf1_02

I'm completely relaxed, I'm a very nervous person too. No matter what I get it'll have to do. Repeating is not an option. Wednesday seems like a 100 years away though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Edana

i can honestly say i haven thought about the results all summer until last wednesday, when everyone started asking me 'oh only a week left'.. now i cant think of anything else. At first i wasn't nervous about them, actually more excited then anything but noow the nerves are really kicking in ..

ak4 wrote: »
    thats the same as me.....even if i get my 1st choice on level 8 i still might decide to choose my level 7

And we can still do an extra year to obtain a level 8 degree ;)

Whats your level 7 in?
    I'm told by people who really don't understand this not to go into a level 7 course, but the level 7 course is so similar to my first choice and the added on level 8 will actually get me into my first choice at post grad level

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Lexii307

Everyone i know has already made plans as of what to do and the results aren't even out! One of my best friends wants to do nursing and he's already decided that he wants to go to Manchester (he had a conditional offer). Another close friend says that he'll be repeating. He wanted to do science but seems determined to go back in September. I seem to be the only one who actually is grounded by the reality that i might or might not get the points for my courses. Ive been so worked up that i feel i wont even get my level 6/7s. It doesn't help when your parents are saying that its ok if you need to repeat, just because my sister had to. We're completely different and it irritates me so much. I cant wait to see what i get just so that if its good i can prove to people that they were wrong! I feel really happy and then i feel really anxious! I really want to get into college!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭justified

begsy wrote: »
    Omg really? Ha 'm being nosey here but what course you hoping for? The fct that there is only twenty places is actually terrifying becauseeven if i do get good results i might not get a place... :( Results are coming closer and strangely i'm not as nervous anymore.. Best of luck to you...

International french UCD :D g'luck to you too what you hoping for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭dillo2k10

Is anyone else worried about the requirements rather than the points?

For me it all depends and what happens with Irish and Math. I just need to pass Irish and C3 in Math. I'm sure I'll get the points. If I don't get the requirement on either of those I will have to repeat as I am not taking my second choice which is Trinity as they don't need the Irish requirement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81 ✭✭luciemc

dillo2k10 wrote: »
    Is anyone else worried about the requirements rather than the points?

For me it all depends and what happens with Irish and Math. I just need to pass Irish and C3 in Math. I'm sure I'll get the points. If I don't get the requirement on either of those I will have to repeat as I am not taking my second choice which is Trinity as they don't need the Irish requirement.

I wanna go to England and they specified what subjects I need my As and Bs in so I could get 600 points and still not get in:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

luciemc wrote: »
    I wanna go to England and they specified what subjects I need my As and Bs in so I could get 600 points and still not get in:(

If you don't quite get the grades then give the uni a ring on Wednesday (best do it then as A-Level results are out Thursday) and see if they'll still consider you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

Locker10a wrote: »
    I know a girl who says she is not going to open her results untill after she gets her offers on the 22nd!!! I couldnt wait that long knowing i could know what i got!!!

One of my friends says she's going to do that. We've already started jokingly placing bets on how many hours she'll last :p

I think I'm more scared of getting points just around what they were last year. Like if I get 410 I'll be relaxed, if I get 360 at least I'll know that I'll have to repeat. But if I got 380 I'd be terrified just in case the points went up to 385 or something :(
    But why didn't I put down any level 7s????

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Ragdoll742

Aoifums wrote: »
    One of my friends says she's going to do that. We've already started jokingly placing bets on how many hours she'll last :p

I think I'm more scared of getting points just around what they were last year. Like if I get 410 I'll be relaxed, if I get 360 at least I'll know that I'll have to repeat. But if I got 380 I'd be terrified just in case the points went up to 385 or something :(

Nearly my case exactly :L

Btw, does anyone know if theres anyway to see how the points are expected to go this year for different areas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭dillo2k10

Aoifums wrote: »

Yea I would rather get 250 or 500 rather than 400. As I wouldn't know what would be happening until Offers are made.

I didn't put down any level 7's either. I only put down my 2nd-10th choices because my Career Guidance Teachers made me. I didn't put down any others because I'm only taking my first choice and will not be settling for second rate. I'll repeat if I have to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 ConnieBarry

had a nightmare about the results, balled my eyes out when i got my results, because i got 525, i was delighted!
    then woke up and balled my eyes out again when i realised it was only a dream....

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭paperpackages

On top of everything I don't know what time to be at school Wednesday. Everyone's saying 9 but apparently last year people went just after 8 and were given their results... Is it wrong that I wanna camp outside overnight?

Yeah, thought so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Ragdoll742

No harm going up before 9 if you wanna take the risk of possibly having to wait there for however long stressing like youve never stressed before :L

Advertisement