Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Countdown to LC Results 2011

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 StephMaria

Im totally the same as you..I really just want to get my results..find somewhere to open them on my own and then compose myself enough to face the world! Ha Im going in first thing!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭dillo2k10

StephMaria wrote: »
    Im totally the same as you..I really just want to get my results..find somewhere to open them on my own and then compose myself enough to face the world! Ha Im going in first thing!!!!

I'm waiting until about 10 to get mine. I don't want to be there when everyone else is there.

I'm going to go and park on the far side of the parking lot, open my results and scream with joy or Cry my eyes out.

If the later I will be waiting for about an hour before I go near anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Edana

im the same aswel.. I want to be there the minute the school opens, have it over and done with before everyone starts arriving. its not like im going to be sleeping anyways so i might aswel be up early :D

I just seen on Facebook that a school is having their debs on results day. That would be horrible !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,666 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Or amazing

• Advertisement

all result depending .. like everything else that night :S

Im liking the whole avoid everyone plan... i dont wanna deal with everyone asking me what i got in this or that..i need to process them and then i can deal with the '' i got 540 and im gonna make sure everyone knows about it '' type person.

I think everyones got their own 'avoid everyone' plan read for wednesday morning :D or maybe just the 'avoid those people' plan..

StephMaria wrote: »
    Im liking the whole avoid everyone plan... i dont wanna deal with everyone asking me what i got in this or that..i need to process them and then i can deal with the '' i got 540 and im gonna make sure everyone knows about it '' type person.

Yea I don't want to deal with that too. If I do bad and someone comes up to me telling me how great they done. They will die!!!

Even if I do great I will still get sick of people asking me how I done fairly quickly. . .

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Lexii307

dillo2k10 wrote: »
    Yea I don't want to deal with that too. If I do bad and someone comes up to me telling me how great they done. They will die!!!

Best response i've heard!:D I can imagine everyone going in early for their results and being big queues for them. Then all of a sudden everyone is gone to look at their results in private. I'm waiting till i get home! I planned on driving but i might be too nervous :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Lots of people just want their results envelope and be gone. I'd rather be pulled into the office tbh. There'd be nothing worse than opening your results and if you were disappointed having to put up with everyone swarming around you for a gawk. At least in the office you'd have a chance to collect yourself.

I go to a small school though.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Paul.M92

spurious wrote: »
    Just as a thought, every year there are students who pull out the script viewing form instead of their results - in the panic, they do not realise what they are looking at, get all excited at a load of As and then are often disappointed when they see the real results sheet.
    Both sheets are A4 sized, but the results sheet has the SEC logo and a border around the page - see this picture.
    169779.jpg

Trying to find one of the script viewing form but no joy yet.

The script viewing form will have a list of the subjects taken and the level (in Irish), so it could say
    Bearla A
    Gaeilge A
    Stair A
    Tíreolaíocht A
    etc. and put somoene into a right flap.

Just be careful reading the results and be doubly careful about totting up points before getting yourself upset or alternatively over excited. Mistakes can be made under pressure, so get a mate to double check your tot on points.

Remember though, it's not going to be the end of the world whatever you get. It breaks my heart to see good kids upset every year when they really have not done badly at all, but have over-estimated their own abilities and expected more than was realistic.

There is always another way or opportunity to get the course you want.

I agree!! In my school they actually tell you what points you have got. so there is no mistakes. Fingers crossed i get my points. But there is always a way... has anybody had one of those so called "results day nightmares" yet??? i had one or two but i'm confident i did all i could. And besides you can always view your scripts and appeal to make doubly sure... Good luck everyone. Hope you all get what you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 plug_in_baby

Yeah I'm definately avoiding everyone on Wed morn.. My plan is to do a hit and run: get my results then straight out to the car to open them!! Not that i'm afraid i'll be dissappointed, althought there is that too, but I KNOW that EVERYONE will be asking how I did and I REALLY hate that, I'm of the belief that your results are private, they're your own business, no one else... it's up to you who you share them with not just every nosy parker hanging around the office:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yupp im totally like that.. its stupid because i know you shouldnt compare your results with anyone blah blah blah...but its pretty hard not to if your faced with disappointment and you have a smug person that did extremely well asking you how you did..

Even if i do well and im happy i will be keeping my results to myself..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

School's who use Eportal are likely to post up the results there an hour or two before they let people collect their results in person.

A handy tip for the extremely impatient.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭aoife_bennett

I'm going to go cracked with all this waiting!

you and me both babe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

It's absolutely dragging:(

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭not_so_civil

Sunny!! wrote: »
    It's absolutely dragging:(
    I know, i think time has decided to stand still, just to piss me off!!:mad::(

I know, i think time has decided to stand still, just to piss me off!!:mad::(

The summer has went fast, but this last week, can't stop
    thinking about it everyminute:(

Exactly, just last wednesday time starting crawling past. And everyone you meet is 'ooo not long til D-day' or 'How dyathink you did, sure ya did your best anyway' And i just love having the same conversation with every person I meet every day!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Killian1993

At least in 2 and a half hrs we can say the results come out the day after tomorrow

Exactly, just last wednesday time starting crawling past. And everyone you meet is 'ooo not long til D-day' or 'How dyathink you did, sure ya did your best anyway' And i just love having the same conversation with every person I meet every day!!!

Nothing worse than the bit in bold

So so sooo true :(

Nothing worse than the bit in bold

Its every bit as bad as during the lc, every time i came downstairs 'Hows the study going today? I supose you're sick of it a this stage'

Id rather have the study than the same convo 100 times!! (parents don't like you saying that'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

My parents, and generally anyone who comes into the house, is banned about speaking about the results, unless I mention them first! :P

Results-zilla ftw! :pac:

Its every bit as bad as during the lc, every time i came downstairs 'Hows the study going today? I supose you're sick of it a this stage'

Id rather have the study than the same convo 100 times!! (parents don't like you saying that'

My parents weren't that bad during it, but the last week, unbeliveable, 'you've done your best' but I know I didn't tbh and it's very frustrating:eek:

, 'you've done your best'

And sure that's all you can do

Only slightly irritating!!!

And sure that's all you can do

Only slightly irritating!!!

That drives me bonkers, have to find something to occupy my mind:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Killian1993

Well Batman is on TV3 now...passes the time

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 barryc1992

I think too much of a big deal is made out of 'the results'..sure they may seem like they are the height of importance now but nearly everyone i've spoken to has described them as an anti-climax.

One of the most ridiculous statements i've heard is that they determine what you're gonna do for the rest of your life..of course they will play a certain part in that but there is always ways around everything. Take my aunt for example, she did her leaving cert and qualified as a nurse four years later, what she believed would be her dream job. After 3 years of being a nurse, a job she hated, she went back to college and trained as a podiatrist. As if that wasn't bad enough when she hit 40 she returned to college and became a pharmacist!!:D

I suppose what i'm getting at is if you don't get the points you need on wednesday it doesn't mean you're gonna end up miserable for the rest of your life, and perhaps that 'dream course' isn't all it's cracked up to be, as they say everything happens for a reason.:) :)

So good luck to everyone on wednesday, i'd be lying if i said i wasn't nervous myself but you have to look on the positive side. Whatever happens will happen!:D :cool:

Advertisement