Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Countdown to LC Results 2011

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,666 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

The golfs on :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

AdamD wrote: »
    The golfs on :P

That's been keeping me sane last couple nights:D

Need Dufner to go away :(

Great advice barryc1993, theres always ways around EVERYTHING

Need Dufner to go away :(

:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭JohnG18

I remember this thread when it said 2008 (gosh I feel old now!!!)...

Just a heads up to everyone I got the points I want and was over the moon but then saw a pesky little E beside Maths (H) which made my face drop. I didn't get into UCD to doing Food Science but I'm doing it in DIT instead.

I'm not gonna say "in retrospect I should have had DIT 1st" because I would be lying but just remember it's GENUINLY not the end of the world! I'm still doing what I love, gonna end up with the same qualification and my travel time is shorter :P!

Good luck to everyone and hope you get what you want or failing that get something :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭aoife_bennett

And i just love having the same conversation with every person I meet every day!!!

you can predict it by now like

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭not_so_civil

you can predict it by now like

Aww i know, i usually greet people with 'Ah hey yea results are this week, yea slightly nervous and yea i did my best, can we talk bout something interesting for once?'........I'm not known for my people skills:P

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭begsy

My god i'm shocked so many people are having dreams (or should I say nightmares) about the results day.

I had a nightmare lastnight that one of my work mates tried to kill me at work because i didn't get the points she wanted me to and the local gaurd was only laughing at her..:( i just wish wednesday would hurry up..I'm cracking up from these strange dreams. :(

justified wrote: »
    International french UCD :D g'luck to you too what you hoping for?

TV Radio and New Media Broadcasting in IT Tralee... :) 3 more days...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭flyaway.

Exactly, just last wednesday time starting crawling past. And everyone you meet is 'ooo not long til D-day' or 'How dyathink you did, sure ya did your best anyway' And i just love having the same conversation with every person I meet every day!!!

I know right! I got my hair cut yesterday and the hairdresser talked to me about results the whole time. I wish I'd just said I was in 5th year. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Killian1993

Is there anyone who like me now is getting less nervous to the point of not really caring?, It's like I've stressed so much that all the stress is nearly gone, which I must say is a wonderful feeling! now i'm just curious about what I got.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭B_Fanatic

Yes. Taking a half day Tuesday, then buying a crate of miller; gonna have a few friends over and maybe play some poker. Basically talk about ****. Looking forward to it so much

B_Fanatic wrote: »
    Yes. Taking a half day Tuesday, then buying a crate of miller; gonna have a few friends over and maybe play some poker. Basically talk about ****. Looking forward to it so much

Ha 2 of my friends have decided to share a bottle of Jack Daniel's before collecting the results and calm the nerves and the prospect of failing some exams, I have been invited to join them but I think i'd like to actually be allowed into the school so I have declined :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

god, i'm glad my mam and dad don't talk about the results unless i kick off the convo and when i do and they only have unclichéd words of encouragement

begsy wrote: »
    I had a nightmare lastnight that one of my work mates tried to kill me at work because i didn't get the points she wanted me to and the local gaurd was only laughing at her..:( i just wish wednesday would hurry up..I'm cracking up from these strange dreams. :(

Classic:P having dreams about murders as well :L

Sunny!! wrote: »
    Classic:P having dreams about murders as well :L

Aha thanks you :) at least now i know i'm not the only one having murder dreams.. tbh i didn't think the lc results would have had such an effect on me.. ha best of luck to you.. :) we are almost into the 2 day countdown now.. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Ha 2 of my friends have decided to share a bottle of Jack Daniel's before collecting the results and calm the nerves and the prospect of failing some exams, I have been invited to join them but I think i'd like to actually be allowed into the school so I have declined :D

I'd love to see their calculations of their points.

begsy wrote: »
    Aha thanks you :) at least now i know i'm not the only one having murder dreams.. tbh i didn't think the lc results would have had such an effect on me.. ha best of luck to you.. :) we are almost into the 2 day countdown now.. :)
    I woke up in some sweat lastnight :P was murdering my neighbour for the laugh:eek: crazy stuff altogether :L

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Shonagh

I've had nightmares about opening the envelope, and finding an application form for a job in McDonalds or Tesco. (I'm not saying at all that there's anything wrong with working in either place, they just happened to be what was in my dream!)
    Really though, I'm not actually too worried at all, I just want to get them and be done with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 cobear

so glad to see i'm not the only one having really strange dreams about the results! at this stage im just focusing on wednesday night...less worrying than the results :/

spurious wrote: »
    I'd love to see their calculations of their points.

As i'm arranging to meet them at the school I may record them and upload the video onto my YouTube channel, It should be a good laugh.

Ha I can imagine them seeing an A1 in pass and thinking bingo 100 points!

Shonagh wrote: »
    I've had nightmares about opening the envelope, and finding an application form for a job in McDonalds or Tesco. (I'm not saying at all that there's anything wrong with working in either place, they just happened to be what was in my dream!)
    Really though, I'm not actually too worried at all, I just want to get them and be done with it.

So weird and funny :L, wouldn't mind a job in either tbh

Oh I've had one where I got five points and moved to Belgium to make jam, and one where I actually got negative points because I was that bad..

Shonagh wrote: »
    Oh I've had one where I got five points and moved to Belgium to make jam, and one where I actually got negative points because I was that bad..

Haha absolutely crazy, in had one last week where it was like 5 percent in maths 8 percent in Irish failed them all crazy:p

My dreams are never this specific :P

My dreams are never this specific :P

The murder dream last night the police coming for forensics and all, crazy stuff:P

Oh mine are so so vivid like..
    I think the last week flew but I just know tomorrow and Tuesday are going to drag :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭flyaway.

Before the exams, I had a dream that I got a 'T' in Geography. I have no idea what a T was supposed to be but in my dream I was hysterical and crying on the floor and my best friend was patting my back and saying 'It's only a T, it's just a T. At least you didn't get a Q like John.' Exams do WEIRD things to my brain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭gerbilgranny

Hang on in there people....every one of you has their own particular gifts and talents. Remember, there's more than one way to skin a cat (ouch)...and oftentimes, the person who has to go around-the-houses to get to their destination does far better than someone who ticks the boxes, and progresses in a straight line. No matter what, don't let the bar stewards grind you down...you're so much more than some 'grades'.

Advertisement