Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Countdown to LC Results 2011

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

I couldn't agree more, English and maths (O) were the easiest papers I've ever seen, Biology was very different basically a crap paper, chemistry was OK. Is it a coincidence that more are going for science in uni and the science papers were harder this yr? I think not, I think there was a bit of weeding out going on this yr..

I hadn't an issue with the chem paper really apart from the 3rd experiment, oh and lots of maths which I'm not too great at in chemistry, I thought the biology was very very checky especially the experiment where you had to apply the scientific method, no enzyme experiment appearing, and the horrible ecology question and the diagrams, biology was the worst made out for
    Me

• Registered Users Posts: 12,666 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

My brother transferred from TSM to BESS pretty easily so I think you're ok if you don't like it, aslong as you have the points and get decent grades they are supposedly quite facilitating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Killian1993

As science papers in general were not well received this yr will that mean a dip in grades? or a change in marking scheme, there's supposed to be a certain amount of grades roughly every yr right, the bellcurve?

luciemc wrote: »
    I hated English, loved the science ones... But then I always hate English exams:o

I love English with a passion:) I thought they were very nice

Sunny!! wrote: »
    I hadn't an issue with the chem paper really apart from the 3rd experiment, oh and lots of maths which I'm not too great at in chemistry, I thought the biology was very very checky especially the experiment where you had to apply the scientific method, no enzyme experiment appearing, and the horrible ecology question and the diagrams, biology was the worst made out for
    Me

Yes very poor emphasis indeed this yr on human biology..No breathing system, skeletal system, repro. , defense system etc....a big disappointment.:mad:

• Advertisement

As science papers in general were not well received this yr will that mean a dip in grades? or a change in marking scheme, there's supposed to be a certain amount of grades roughly every yr right, the bellcurve?

I hope so, I done alot of work for bio which should have been the easiest but I fecked up, chemistry was a walk in the park comparing, I dont do physics but I heard it was like 'applying to life' if you know what I mean

Sunny!! wrote: »
    I hope so, I done alot of work for bio which should have been the easiest but I fecked up, chemistry was a walk in the park comparing, I dont do physics but I heard it was like 'applying to life' if you know what I mean

Yeah physics students got the equivalent of the 2010 chem paper. But as 60% of students take biology and it has the highest failure rate out of all the science subjects + this yrs paper would mean more fails, I could see that as the most problematic paper this year. Sure most of my class walked out expecting a fail in that subject. I spent hrs working on biology, particularly human biology. And human Biology was indeed asked mainly on my mock, I got an A1. For the leaving bio paper I'm expecting a B1, could ruin me, I may even get a B2, and if the marking scheme is adjusted and they give more marks for a question That i got wrong what good will that do!!

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Ragdoll742

What language did you guys take?

I took foundation Irish, does that count :)

I took foundation Irish, does that count :)

Sorry I meant German or French etc, should have mentioned.

I took ordinary Irish, and it was fairly borderline tbh..! I despise it as a subject.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭ak4

all this talk about subjects is getting me stressed again ssshhh please :P ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

ak4 wrote: »
    all this talk about subjects is getting me stressed again ssshhh please :P ;)

You say on a Leaving Cert forum, 2 days before the results! :rolleyes: :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81 ✭✭luciemc

French and Spanish :D you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭flyaway.

English was an awesome paper, really no surprises. I'm one of the few who actually thought Biology went well but Wednesday might show differently. As for a language, I took HL French and was pleased enough but it's not one of my best subjects.

German haha. Unlucky! I was hoping for a German post mortem :L

You say on a Leaving Cert forum, 2 days before the results! :rolleyes: :pac:

WOW for some reason even though I was aware the fact that you say "2 days" has just hit me like a pile of bricks! ****!!!....keep calm Killian just as you have been for the last week.

Did OL French outside school, took it up after christmas so dunno if I passed, was only for back up.

If you don't quite get the grades then give the uni a ring on Wednesday (best do it then as A-Level results are out Thursday) and see if they'll still consider you!

Yeh I've heard of people on tsr doing this, what exactly would I say to them? I'm terrible in those kinds of situations.. any words of wisdom? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

Did HL french, my favourite subject by a mile
    easiest exam in french i think there has been but i think i might have messed up some comprehension answers
    the listening was a beauty too, nothing like that mock one with the young one getting tazered by her father :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

Yeh I've heard of people on tsr doing this, what exactly would I say to them? I'm terrible in those kinds of situations.. any words of wisdom? :confused:

I'll be doing it aswell..

Firstly I have my personal statement and UCAS info (required grades, course info, ID# etc) ready so I have them on hand.

My plan is to ring and say I didn't quite meet the offer but as I love the uni/course I would really appreciate if you would still consider me for the course.

• Advertisement

AdamD wrote: »
    Did OL French outside school, took it up after christmas so dunno if I passed, was only for back up.

You learnt a language from scratch in a few months?! fair play.. I tried Italian in fourth year by myself but gave up soon after. I can just about say my name and where I come from!

You learnt a language from scratch in a few months?! fair play.. I tried Italian in fourth year by myself but gave up soon after. I can just about say my name and where I come from!

Well I did it for the JC :P just not very well and tbf, OL French is a joke compared to HL.

I'll be doing it aswell..

Firstly I have my personal statement and UCAS info (required grades, course info, ID# etc) ready so I have them on hand.

My plan is to ring and say I didn't quite meet the offer but as I love the uni/course I would really appreciate if you would still consider me for the course.

Ok thanks I'll give it a go, I really want the course!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭ClaireMarie

F.M.L

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭ak4

F.M.L

so true

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Tasder

Ragdoll742 wrote: »

I did German! What did you think of it? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Yay! Work.... :rolleyes: I suppose I'll still be on here all day :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭aoife_bennett

Ragdoll742 wrote: »
    German post mortem? I can do that!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭NSNO

My previously serene self has awoken to horrific nerves. Also, my previously clear face has as many spots as a 16 year old with a glandular problem.

2 more sleeps...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

NSNO wrote: »
    My previously serene self has awoken to horrific nerves. Also, my previously clear face has as many spots as a 16 year old with a glandular problem.

2 more sleeps...
    131 sleeps until Christmas! :rolleyes:

Advertisement