Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Countdown to LC Results 2011

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭aoife_bennett

mtb_kng wrote: »
    131 sleeps until Christmas! :rolleyes:

Ah!! Time to write my Santy letter :)

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Vodkat

131 sleeps until Christmas! :rolleyes:

I actually had a dream it was christmas day lasy night, but we were having bacon and cabbage for dinner!! The sooner I get these results and my sleep pattern goes back to normal the better!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Ah!! Time to write my Santy letter :)
    "If I don't get these items the following will happen:
    "

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭flyaway.

Ah, damn. In my dream I forgot to go collect my results and I was running to school and JUST as I was reaching it, I woke up. That was like an hour ago and I'm still pissed off that it wasn't real and I have to wait two more days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭YodaBoy

NSNO wrote: »
    My previously serene self has awoken to horrific nerves. Also, my previously clear face has as many spots as a 16 year old with a glandular problem.

2 more sleeps...
    2 sleeps?? More likely 1 sleep and a sleepless night..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

Nearly there :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 madmax92

God please pass me my hl maths!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Edana

madmax92 wrote: »

Im with you :( HL maths is my only major worry at the min. My course isn't very high points so Im sure Ill get my offer but Im worried I wont pass maths.. and then Ill be back in that ****hole for another year :(

44 hours( I think)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

gruffler91 wrote: »
    brian93 wrote: »

And btw, do you count up your points on the spot when you're reading through the report card, or does it say it on the report card, or does the principal/vice principal tell you?

From what I've heard you just get your grades e.g A2 or B3 etc and on the other side of the sheet it lists the grades & their corresponding points e.g. A2= 90 points. Its up to you to add up the total though.

I downloaded a really cool free app from itunes called LC points calculator and I'm going to use that on the morning of the results. Would reccommend it if you have an iphone or ipod touch.

I'll have to make an Android one of those and publish it today just so I can make what should be a reasonably popular app :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 madmax92

Adro947 wrote: »
    I'll have to make an Android one of those and publish it today just so I can make what should be a reasonably popular app :D
    Give us a link when you finish it ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭aoife_bennett

Please God let me get a B3 in HL English

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Don't waste your time, there's already an app for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

bscm wrote: »
    Aiming for: 490+

I got 435 in the mocks, worked my arse off since then, but felt violently ill after sitting some (MATHS!!!) of the papers

You're like my twin! I got 435 in the pres, and I need 500+ to get any of my top three. I was really upset with a lot of papers in the real thing though.:(

Sunny!! wrote: »
    I love English with a passion:) I thought they were very nice

I love English too, it's my best/favourite subject, but I freaked out during Paper 2 and didn't get it finished at all..that Boland question was a joke:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Ekster

Please God let me get a B3 in HL English

Amen! :) Probably the one I'm most worried about. It and the HL Applied Maths that I ****ed up quite badly:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭LittleMissLost

Got 480 in the mocks and want 500. Not a CLUE how I did, worst case scenario I could get 400/410, best case would be 500/510.

Everyone's so nervous and I thought I would be but at this stage I've gone through all the emotions regarding them and don't know how to feel. Bored?

I just KNOW it's going to be an anti-climax after waiting for so long. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Had a dream where my school had locked me out of the building on results day,and was running madly around it trying to get in! Ended up climbing in through a window :D and just when I reached the office, I woke up....

I'm absolutely shattered today. Please please results hurry up, I want to get my nice normal sleep back :(

Give us a link when you finish it ;)
    Don't waste your time, there's already an app for that.

Is it called a calculator? :pac: In fairness, if you can't add your points in your head, how did you manage to do the LC?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭LittleMissLost

Had a dream where my school had locked me out of the building on results day,and was running madly around it trying to get in! Ended up climbing in through a window :D and just when I reached the office, I woke up....

I'm absolutely shattered today. Please please results hurry up, I want to get my nice normal sleep back :(

Haha! Snap! I had a dream where my principal had my results and made me chase him round the running track to get them off him then he fell into a big dirty puddle and I couldnt see the grades.
    My principal is the most sombre man alive. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ruadhan

Ahhhh.. I can't wait anymore. I dont mind personally what I get because points fo my course are low enough so I should get it and I like my second choice too. All I'm worried about is other peoples reactions to how I do.. If I don't do as well as I did in the mocks I will never hear the end of it I know. I got 580 which I nearly died when I got it. I'd be ecstatic if I even got close to that again!! But I will most likely get at least 50-100 points under that I feel.. Which is still awesome and I'd be happy with it bit everyone keeps saying to me how I'm gonna get 600 points . It's so annoying.. Cos there is no chance in hell!

Anyway, that's my rant done. Sorry not trying to show off or anything like that at all just sooo nervous for wednesday

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Anyone else going out for a few drinks tomorrow night to calm the nerves ?

I've been kept relatively busy with sport and going out so I haven't really noticed time go slow. I suppose I'm just anxious at this stage. Anyone that asks how I did I'll just say that I got on grand and that I'm happy, even if I'm not. Nothing worse then having to put up with people enquiring about grades in certain subjects just to brag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭brian93

In fairness, if you can't add your points in your head, how did you manage to do the LC?

In fairness people will be really nervous, you don't want to make a little mistake and count up say 480 instead of 470, while aiming for primary teaching which is 475.

I did HL Maths, I'm planning on being a maths teacher and I can work with large numbers in my head, and I'm using the LC points calculator. No need for the diminishing comment.

Anyone else going out for a few drinks tomorrow night to calm the nerves ?

Definately, and a long night of poker afterwards! No way I could spend the night twiddling my thumbs at home!

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Chris Hansen

Careful to all ye kids going out celebrating wednesday night, wile amount of perverts around that night looking for young ones especially females so take it easy on booze and short skirts and thongs and what not, and lads behave yourselves

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Tasder

Ragdoll742 wrote: »
    German haha. Unlucky! I was hoping for a German post mortem :L
    German post mortem? I can do that!!! :)

What you think of it? What about tape?

Tasder wrote: »
    What you think of it? What about tape?

I'm kinda bored, so I'll join the German discussion! I thought it was a nice exam. Comprehensions were much easier then usual I thought, grammar was a peach, and tape was very manageable! Hope to god I get an A on Wednesday!

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭ChloeElla

brian93 wrote: »
    I'm kinda bored, so I'll join the German discussion! I thought it was a nice exam. Comprehensions were much easier then usual I thought, grammar was a peach, and tape was very manageable! Hope to god I get an A on Wednesday!

I'm terrified there'll be a horrible marking scheme for it though, because I want an A1 and I found it almost too easy!

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Ragdoll742

Hoping for a high B :)

That tape was truly beautiful.

That reminds me, when I heard my old year head on the Irish tape test this year! Everyone was looking at each other: *Is that feckin' X? It f&%king is 'n all!*. <---- That was all done just with eyes. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Tasder

Ragdoll742 wrote: »
    Hoping for a high B :)

That tape was truly beautiful.

Agreed!! Grammar was amazing. Wasn't overally happy with the letter though, it was alright but just a few things I didn't like about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭paperpackages

or a change in marking scheme, there's supposed to be a certain amount of grades roughly every yr right, the bellcurve?

Yup, each examiner has to follow the bellcurve. There's always a lot of rumours floating around but my friend told me that pass maths had to be re-corrected about 5 times as there were a high amount of As and a high amount of Ds with little in between... Forgot to ask where she heard this though. :pac:

Advertisement