Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Countdown to LC Results 2011

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭begsy

GV_NRG wrote: »
    with regard to the maths, i was talking to a teacher who was correcting scripts from up north halfway through July, and she said there was an awful lot of D's, a few C's, extremly few B's, and like one or 2 A's. but that isnt all bad news as that surely means that they must have changed the marking scheme to keep to the grade curve!!

Do you know if many people failed?? I would be delighted if i got a D.. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

begsy wrote: »
    Sick of waiting for these results. :( especially when all i hear all day every single day is people going tic toc tic toc.. Or oh wednesday is your biig day.. You will do brilliant.. etc... I don't know how i idid as i found a lot of papers challenging like biology, (anybody else find biology tough?) and i am praying that i done enough to get a D3 in OL maths... wish it was wednesday already.. :( best of luck to you all..[/QUOTE]

Biology paper is the bane of my existence, just horrible:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭aoife_bennett

Ekster wrote: »
    Amen! :) Probably the one I'm most worried about. It and the HL Applied Maths that I ****ed up quite badly:p
    I need the B3 or there's no college for Aoife :(

Got 480 in the mocks and want 500. Not a CLUE how I did, worst case scenario I could get 400/410, best case would be 500/510.

Everyone's so nervous and I thought I would be but at this stage I've gone through all the emotions regarding them and don't know how to feel. Bored?

I just KNOW it's going to be an anti-climax after waiting for so long. :cool:

Got 465, need 445, would LOVE 490 or 495. Just to guarantee myself.

Am I thinking too much of myself though?

with regard to the maths, i was talking to a teacher who was correcting scripts from up north halfway through July, and she said there was an awful lot of D's, a few C's, extremly few B's, and like one or 2 A's. but that isnt all bad news as that surely means that they must have changed the marking scheme to keep to the grade curve!!

I dont maths was too bad ol, heard hl was horrible but can't speak about it, ol paper 1 was tricky no doubt, but p2 was as per usual tbh, but the A grades will be down no doubt about it

• Advertisement

Sunny!! wrote: »

I dont maths was too bad ol, heard hl was horrible but can't speak about it, ol paper 1 was tricky no doubt, but p2 was as per usual tbh, but the A grades will be down no doubt about it

I done the new maths course projec maths and found paper one so so hard.. Paper 2 was hard too.. This waiting for wednesday is cracking me up.. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭LittleMissLost

If you got 465 in the mocks there's a high chance you could get those grades, or even more. good luck!

I done the new maths course projec maths and found paper one so so hard.. Paper 2 was hard too.. This waiting for wednesday is cracking me up.. :(

I done the old course, and the thought of repeating doing that new disgrace of a course:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Ragdoll742

If I get these points on wednesday, I'm going to get dangerously drunk... :)

I done the old course, and the thought of repeating doing that new disgrace of a course:eek:

Ya they said the new course would be easier... way harder more like it :( i've always struggled mathematically and i do not want to spend another year in school repeating because of this new maths course... :(:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 791 ✭✭✭Shreddingblood

I got 445 in the mocks but I passed Maths(HL). Not so sure I did in the real thing.:(

Ya they said the new course would be easier... way harder more like it :( i've always struggled mathematically and i do not want to spend another year in school repeating because of this new maths course... :(:(

I was only looking at the papers could do bits of it, is it very geometry and probability based? Because there my poor sections. I left out all the geometry last year. And probability doesn't suit me at all. Like I was amazed the first q on a paper what's a prime number absolutely shocking. BRING BACK THE OLD COURSE !!

I was only looking at the papers could do bits of it, is it very geometry and probability based? Because there my poor sections. I left out all the geometry last year. And probability doesn't suit me at all. Like I was amazed the first q on a paper what's a prime number absolutely shocking. BRING BACK THE OLD COURSE !!

Yup it is based on probability and geometry more so than anything else.. :( just praying to every god and angel up there that i passed.. i will crack up if i have to repeat.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Cathal1992

Anyone here who found PHYSICS a pain in the ass ? I had one of the top teachers in the country last year for Physics and I worked my @$$ off all year for it. Secion A was lovely Section B was rough... Id say I only got 4/5 questions completely right =/

Yup it is based on probability and geometry more so than anything else.. :( just praying to every god and angel up there that i passed.. i will crack up if i have to repeat.. :(

Just have to wait and see I suppose, but alot of people feel like that atm so your not on your own, maths will always be the same, you can keep changing the course but it's not helping students at all. Hope you passed:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

I got 445 in the mocks but I passed Maths(HL). Not so sure I did in the real thing.:(

This, mostly. I was relying on maths for a solid 85 points, as I got in the mocks. I got 445 points then, but I might faaaaall. Oh well, I'll probably get my delicious C3, hopefully everybody else who picked engineering did worse than me, and points will faaaaall too.

Just have to wait and see I suppose, but alot of people feel like that atm so your not on your own, maths will always be the same, you can keep changing the course but it's not helping students at all. Hope you passed:)

Thanks :) hope you get what you want/ need also.. best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Killian1993

This, mostly. I was relying on maths for a solid 85 points, as I got in the mocks. I got 445 points then, but I might faaaaall. Oh well, I'll probably get my delicious C3, hopefully everybody else who picked engineering did worse than me, and points will faaaaall too.

Oh that's a great point! engineering could indeed have a drop in points due to this yrs higher maths exam. So there's great hope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Good luck to everyone getting their results from a past leaving cert results getter :P

What did people think of the accounting paper?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 791 ✭✭✭Shreddingblood

however not if you're one of those people in the -C category
    Thanks dude really appreciate that.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭GSI

what time are the schools opening at? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

GSI wrote: »

Depends on the school..if you give them a ring they'll be able to tell you I'd say!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

GSI wrote: »
    Usually 9. The odd one at 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Tasder

What did people think of the accounting paper?

Really horrible paper!! was only happy with my question 8. also we were told that incomplete records didn't come up in section 1 :/

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭GV_NRG

hey ya the teacher said that there were a good few fails :/
    Sick of waiting for these results. :( especially when all i hear all day every single day is people going tic toc tic toc.. Or oh wednesday is your biig day.. You will do brilliant.. etc... I don't know how i idid as i found a lot of papers challenging like biology, (anybody else find biology tough?) and i am praying that i done enough to get a D3 in OL maths... wish it was wednesday already.. :( best of luck to you all..[/QUOTE]

Biology paper is the bane of my existence, just horrible:(

tbh i didnt, but that could be related to the fact that bio is my favourite subject. i thought it was a very nice paper, from wat i remember, one of the experiment questions was nasty as it was a choice question and no one was expecting that style of question tocome up again as it had come up last year too, but if you knew yous stuff you would be ok.

Tasder wrote: »
    What you think of it? What about tape?

From what I remember the third part of the news was pretty shocking. I got none of it but made a guess. I knew within thirty seconds that the couple in Teil 3 were romantically involved. I don't know why. I just knew it.

Also, what's his problem? If his beure wanted to go to Australia he shoulda left her off and stopped moaning about it. Immature w@nker.

If you got 465 in the mocks there's a high chance you could get those grades, or even more. good luck!

LittleMissLost, you just made my day whole week

Tasder wrote: »
    Really horrible paper!! was only happy with my question 8. also we were told that incomplete records didn't come up in section 1 :/

Biggest shock, we all knew q9 was going to come up, but they changed it from previous years, and they really tried to catch us with the 60's incomplete ?????, then the control ac left them out, I left out the incomplete the way it came up, I learned the other way, was able to do section 2 grand, but I had to do a published wish I dislike and attempted the incomplete:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭ChloeElla

Also, what's his problem? If his beure wanted to go to Australia he shoulda left her off and stopped moaning about it. Immature w@nker.

I'm thinking she didn't have the guts to dump him & thought going to another continent would solve it.

Advertisement