Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Countdown to LC Results 2011

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭sligo.

oh thats not so bad then! and will you collect your envelope some other day then? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Cathal1992

AdamD wrote: »
    When we opened our JC results I only got questions from people I was good mates with or people asking what I got in a particular subject where I sat beside them or whatever, they'll be more worried about their own and their good friend's results to give a **** about random people in their year who they'll want to 'make fun of' tbh

Believe me mate , Im repeating this year, and when I opened mine up last year the amount of people hassling me what did you get. I didnt get what I wanted lasdt year. But the amount of people poking their nose into my business was unreal. In the end of the day they're your results. Not telling anyone is your perogative really. If you do want to tell people though thats grand too. Depends on the person in question and what they want to do. Personally though , its only going to be my family and one or two people I really trust

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Edana

Cathal1992 wrote: »
    if its good Ill be straight away taking swigs of whiskey and gettin on with the sesh :D

My kind of person :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

Just seems overly protective and secretive to not want to tell people what you got. And people won't be as nosy for this as they are for normal exams...I'm still fully expecting my mates to ask what I got, why wouldn't they?

And if you do badly, you'd be better off talking to people than keeping it secret and not going out or what not

I'll tell my best friends straight away, but tbh I don't care what most of the boasters get.... so why should they be worried about me? I dunno it's a matter of personal choice I suppose:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Just seems overly protective and secretive to not want to tell people what you got. And people won't be as nosy for this as they are for normal exams...I'm still fully expecting my mates to ask what I got, why wouldn't they?

And if you do badly, you'd be better off talking to people than keeping it secret and not going out or what not

Maybe to you it's a bit secretive, but I'm just a private person. I'd never ask someone straight out what they're results were, because it's not really fair and it's really personal.

Fair play if you could still gear yourself up for a night out after being disappointed. I don't know how I'd motivate myself to get ready, and how I'd keep myself from possibly ruining my friends' night.

Alcohol and negative emotions do not mix well!!:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭smeal

At about half 8 Wednesday morning the radio stations will start announcing how many people failed maths and other subjects. They did that last year..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,668 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Up to the individual then. Personally ill just tell whoever asks me whether its good or bad, if its good then :) and if its bad at least they'll be extra nice :P

they'll be more worried about their own and their good friend's results to give a **** about random people in their year who they'll want to 'make fun of' tbh

It's not that people might make fun of me, but there have been certain expectations placed on my head during the year. The amount of people who said things along the lines of "you'll be grand..you'll definitely get your 500..blah blah" is pressurising in itself. People wouldn't make fun of me if I get below this, but they would discuss it to a certain extent and compare.

I don't fancy that tbh.

smeal wrote: »
    At about half 8 Wednesday morning the radio stations will start announcing how many people failed maths and other subjects. They did that last year..

Ugh...major avoid! I didn't listen or read any of the exam post mortems, and there's no way I'll be listening to any of their statistics!

I wont be listening to the radio while getting ready in the morning so :( i dont need or want to know how many failed.. i think it'll just add to my nerves tbh

Up to the individual then. Personally ill just tell whoever asks me whether its good or bad, if its good then :) and if its bad at least they'll be extra nice :P

You might be one of the lucky ones, but from past result experience people some people are bitches unfortunately

• Advertisement

Edana wrote: »
    I wont be listening to the radio while getting ready in the morning so :( i dont need or want to know how many failed.. i think it'll just add to my nerves tbh

Same as, I'll pumping some power ballads in the morning to give me additional strength :P ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 ItsMeSarah94

yea same i wont be listening to any raido stations! il put my ipod on and get on with it!!! what is more annoying is all my family will be asking me how i did!! :/

Sunny!! wrote: »
    You might be one of the lucky ones, but from past result experience people some people are bitches unfortunately

I think it might have something to do with the competitive nature of the LC...people become so stressed during the year...and loads that I know became obsessed with others they were "in competition with."

It's probably where the smugness is born out of on results day.

It sucks.

My family aren't annoying me about it at all, thank god.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 ItsMeSarah94

Lucky for some! all i get is how u feeling about the results and do u have a plan B? !! :pac:

_meehan_ wrote: »
    I think it might have something to do with the competitive nature of the LC...people become so stressed during the year...and loads that I know became obsessed with others they were "in competition with."

It's probably where the smugness is born out of on results day.

It sucks.

They were even like that at jc haha, I wouldn't care for little tests really, but it's my leaving cert, not one of them little end of the week Friday tests:)

Neither are mine, in fairness to them:P I'm dreading the drive in to get them with my mum though, cos she'll start spouting off all this stuff about how it's all meant to be, and how they'll be happy regardless of what I get, and that I've done my best....

I don't need to hear it tbh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭aoife_bennett

ChloeElla wrote: »
    And his attempt to win her back.. "No babes, please, come to Cork instead!" He's a real charmer. :rolleyes:

Definitely loves his woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Gav77

HOLY SHHHHHMOKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

the trip in is the feckin' worst!! i remember the jc and it seemed 3 times the lenght it is every other day :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Cathal1992

I dont even want to raise the subject with my parents anymore. My Dad is indifferent and Mam just knows I did my best but she keeps on asking how many points would I get with the Mock results and Christmas results... Annoying. DVD's and TV series are keeping me busy and away from them thankfully :D

Note to self: Avoid all radio stations and news reports on Wed. morning

Mum's only words of wisdom throughout the whole LC was .. ' Whats meant for you won't pass you by' and thats all. I'm so greatful she's not giving me daily speeches. i really wouldn't be able for that.

My mum and dad gave me the "You've done your best" speech before the leaving even started haha. Think Mum knows to leave me alone at the minute though! Whatever way the results pan out my plan is wine, vomit, more wine, disco, possible wee sleep, even more wine, wee chinese, bed. :)

Ya know, its not my immediate family. It's my uncle. I'd say I'm more annoying my family than vice versa cos I'm so on edge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Killian1993

Dam the posts are really starting to flood in now, I'm going in at 11 and taking my results to the toilets, for privacy of course! There will be nobody there, I'd say most will go in when the school opens at 9, well I hope so anyway. Does anyone know when do I put in a request for the viewing of my papers?

Whatever way the results pan out my plan is wine, vomit, more wine, disco, possible wee sleep, even more wine, wee chinese, bed. :)

This has made my day :L:L For the first time since I thought of getting my resuls, I lol'd :D

I too am a wine drinker so your plan sounds good for me :P

Dam the posts are really starting to flood in now, I'm going in at 11 and taking my results to the toilets, for privacy of course! There will be nobody there, I'd say most will go in when the school opens at 9, well I hope so anyway. Does anyone know when do I put in a request for the viewing of my papers?

go onto state exams commission and you can look up all the details, they are easy to search for. i wont be checking any of mine i doubt but i saw all the details on that website before for viewing etc :)

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭not_so_civil

_meehan_ wrote: »
    Neither are mine, in fairness to them:P I'm dreading the drive in to get them with my mum though, cos she'll start spouting off all this stuff about how it's all meant to be, and how they'll be happy regardless of what I get, and that I've done my best....

I don't need to hear it tbh!

I'm the same, I couldn't face the car journey with mum, but she insists on being around for it. So I'm leavin her at my friends house so his mum and my mum can happily freak out together, and we're going to head on up;)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 itssnowing18

Ya know, its not my immediate family. It's my uncle. I'd say I'm more annoying my family than vice versa cos I'm so on edge.
    I'm the same, i have my parents plagued... i have a count down thing on the fridge but they don't seem bothered but i think they just don't understand. However my aunt and uncle are awful i remember getting J.C. results and she rang me compare my results with my cousin (who had done better) it was horrible....
    I too am a wine drinker so your plan sounds good for me :P

I have my bottle bought :D i really can't wait :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

My mum and dad gave me the "You've done your best" speech before the leaving even started haha. Think Mum knows to leave me alone at the minute though! Whatever way the results pan out my plan is wine, vomit, more wine, disco, possible wee sleep, even more wine, wee chinese, bed. :)

Hi. I think we should be friends.

Advertisement