Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Countdown to LC Results 2011

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭smeal

Hi. I think we should be friends.

Lover of wine Aoife?:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭aoife_bennett

smeal wrote: »
    Lover of wine Aoife?:)

Gimme a bitta white wine and I'll happily be your alibi if you've committed a serious crime

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

My mother thinks she's entitled to finding out what I get.. As if the fear of doing shít isn't enough like.. I know she would be like 'ya did your best' regardless of how I get on but still... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

my dad's giving me a lift up to the school on wednesday thankfully because my legs will be like jelly with the nerves.
    i think i'll go in on my own, even though i know he'll be ok whatever i get it's me having the extra pressure of someone else there
    so i think i'll go in, get them and see what i got, have a little chat with ex classmates and teachers and then gather myself.if i do well i'll do the cliché sad look as if i've failed everything walking back out the car and look dissapointed then go mad, and if i have done bad il just cry in the back seats :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Tubsandtiles

Best of luck too all, I remember two years ago collecting my results at 9am after working a 10 hour night shift, my eyes must have looked like they had been punched in :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭flyaway.

My mother is more nervous than I am, the poor thing. I joked that I was going to wait until the results came online at 12 and she nearly had a heart attack. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

You know it's near when the event 'Leaving cert. results' appears on your fbook homepage :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭kahf1_02

flyaway. wrote: »
    My mother is more nervous than I am, the poor thing. I joked that I was going to wait until the results came online at 12 and she nearly had a heart attack. :p

wow really? because that's what I plan on doing. And yes I like wine and chinese.

Gimme a bitta white wine and I'll happily be your alibi if you've committed a serious crime

Bitta blossom hill! Classy ladies!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭flyaway.

'Leaving Cert Results Party' has popped up on mine. :P

• Advertisement

Bitta blossom hill! Classy ladies!

I can polish off a bottle in half an hour

Im going to bed now in the hope that I get up early so that I'll be tired tomorrow. I think my day tomorrow will consist of vigorous exercise (trampolining) with small breaks in between so I can sit in the dark crying to Celine Dion. Then i'll be back on here tomorrow evening for some last minute support from you guys haha oh god X

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Hue.G rection

I took foundation Irish, does that count :)

Finally found somebody on this who also took the foundation paper! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

Im going to bed now in the hope that I get up early so that I'll be tired tomorrow. I think my day tomorrow will consist of vigorous exercise (trampolining) with small breaks in between so I can sit in the dark crying to Celine Dion. Then i'll be back on here tomorrow evening for some last minute support from you guys haha oh god X

35 hours hang in there :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

I promised myself I won't open mine until I'm safely on the Luas home,so I can avoid all the nosy feckers - although we'll see how long that lasts :rolleyes:

Knowing me, I won't last 5 minutes!

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Bloc Party!

I can polish off a bottle in half an hour

No lie,one of the lads had a bottle of wine drank in less than 5 minutes last year results night...needless to say he got sick in the pub and didnt make it out but still 5 minutes :rolleyes: He's my Hero! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Killian1993

Finally found somebody on this who also took the foundation paper! :D

Yep took foundation Irish as I couldn't grasp a shred or Irish, oh yes my class took the piss out of me for it and had a great laugh, But I had 5 honors subjects and LCVP, those who laughed had 3 to 4 higher subjects at most and will probably fail Irish... they were all high and mighty with their higher and pass Irish..But when it came to their Irish exam they should have taken the foundation paper themselves

Now who's laughing Bitch! :):)

Moral of the story - Don't take a subject at a level you can't handle for status, because in the end status is irrelevant

Now that I look back at the LC the best thing I did was to take foundation Irish and pass maths, they were still a thorn in my side though, but took away so much pressure and worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

No one in my family has really talked about or even my friends either, bar what we're going to do after....

Tbh if I didn't check this place every few days I'd nearly forget we were getting results. I haven't had any dreams either which seems strange!! (Last night I had one about a football match that's on saturday...)

But I haven't felt nervous at all until I read on here and then I get little twinges...I don't know why I do it :rolleyes:

Do people know what their schools open? Obviously some people do, but does everyone?? I have no idea what time the school opens or where we're supposed to get them....but I suppose I'll find out on the day.

As for opening them in public/private, I'll almost definitely open them straight away so I guess that counts as public...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭aramush

POA for the day:
    Wake up around 12ish and hide myself in the darkest corner of the house. Casually strole online and check the b*stards out, ponder about them for a moment and then polish off a few bottles. Out we'l head at about 2 and make it home in time for minor Championship on Saturday afternoon.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

mtb_kng wrote: »
    Is it called a calculator? :pac: In fairness, if you can't add your points in your head, how did you manage to do the LC?

Less of that thanks.
    It's exactly those sort of comments that everyone considers a PITA.

Here's a tip - don't post them here and keep them to yourself on Wednesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭ChloeElla

Definitely loves his woman.

Wish I had a man like him.
    Aoife, when I go to Germany for a year, will you try to convince me that Cork is better?

ChloeElla wrote: »
    Aoife, when I go to Germany for a year, will you try to convince me that Cork is better?

CORK IS THE BEST PLACE IN THE WORLD!!

ChloeElla wrote: »

Natürlich. I'll even do better than him and give you reasons why!!

Sunny!! wrote: »

The best thing to come out of Cork is the road to Waterford :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Killian1993

Sure is, my favorite county :) , stayed in the River lee hotel in Cork city last week, was great as it's right beside UCC, many fun walks on the grounds watching Bicycle stunts off the rock features by the locals

The best thing to come out of Cork is the road to Waterford :P
    The road to nowhere more like it :p I joke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

spurious wrote: »
    Less of that thanks.
    It's exactly those sort of comments that everyone considers a PITA.

Here's a tip - don't post them here and keep them to yourself on Wednesday.

Did anyone else have to google PITA? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭ChloeElla

Natürlich. I'll even do better than him and give you reasons why!!

Sehr gut!

The road to nowhere more like it :p I joke

Haha funny . . . Going to UCC?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Hue.G rection

Yep took foundation Irish as I couldn't grasp a shred or Irish, oh yes my class took the piss out of me for it and had a great laugh, But I had 5 honors subjects and LCVP, those who laughed had 3 to 4 higher subjects at most and will probably fail Irish... they were all high and mighty with their higher and pass Irish..But when it came to their Irish exam they should have taken the foundation paper themselves

Now who's laughing Bitch! :):)

Moral of the story - Don't take a subject at a level you can't handle for status, because in the end status is irrelevant

Now that I look back at the LC the best thing I did was to take foundation Irish and pass maths, they were still a thorn in my side though, but took away so much pressure and worry.

I'm the same, never had a hope with it really! If I do bad in any other subjects it's down to me not putting the work in, but Irish on the other hand, it might as well be Chinese :p
    I had so much time to focus on other subjects!

Advertisement