Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Countdown to LC Results 2011

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭LittleMissLost

You're school texts you?:eek:

Yeah ours does too, they haven't done so abot the results yet though :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Work is going very slow here. I want me results now. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭not_so_civil

flyaway. wrote: »
    Well, they text my parents!
    Yeah ours does too, they haven't done so abot the results yet though :mad:

Such high tech wizardry at your schools. :p We got a message on a twitter page that has no followers at the start of the summer, so our entire year hasn't a notion 'bout tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 37 LivingDaDream

this waiting is horrendous! didn sleep much last night so 2night will be horrendous, will have to do an evenin trip to the gym so i dont crack up!!!i'l be livin on coffee all day 2mro!!! wer not gettin ours til 10 in school its draggin out so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭not_so_civil

this waiting is horrendous! wer not gettin ours til 10 in school its draggin out so much!

Samers, but there's a very small group of us turning up early (9am or so) and demanding our results
    :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 BellaRose0050

Am i the only one that actually doesent want there results!!!!!!!!!!Once i get my results i'm going to be depressed for the rest of the summer :(

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭teenagedream

Am i the only one that actually doesent want there results!!!!!!!!!!Once i get my results i'm going to be depressed for the rest of the summer :(

I know the feeling I'm liking the not knowing right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Vodkat

Hate to disappoint you but summer is over!

Im really looking foward to tomorrow! Woke up at 5.30 which is very unusual for me. But on the other hand its my birthday today!!! Oh postmans here......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

Vodkat wrote: »

Hate to disappoint you but summer is over!

Im really looking foward to tomorrow! Woke up at 5.30 which is very unusual for me. But on the other hand its my birthday today!!! Oh postmans here......

Actually summer comes for a few weeks in August/September these days. So all going to plan, you'll be able to capitalize on it for the first time in years :D

I was told by a very unreliable source that we are ment to have a very sunny September. Ive had a boring summer and cant wait to start college (depending).

Just a small note to those complaining about family constantly asking about their results. Your family realise that these results decide your future career and most families are asking you because they are probably very interested and concerned for you. They understand the amount of work, little or none, that you have put in over the past 1/2 years. I understand that it may be frustrating but they only want the best for you so why not share it with them. If you are disappointed with your results, they will be also whether you have done your best all year or were just plain lazy! I know my family supported me over the past year (im a repeat) and not sharing it with them would make them upset! Its a big day not just for you but for your family too! Best of luck to everyone :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,668 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Would be cruel to not tell your parents :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Just found out that the results are available from my school at 8.45...not sure whether to go in then or wait til 9.30...I'm trying to avoid people as best I can:o

_meehan_ wrote: »
    Just found out that the results are available from my school at 8.45...not sure whether to go in then or wait til 9.30...I'm trying to avoid people as best I can:o

I just rang mine there and was told half 8 :eek:

I just rang mine there and was told half 8 :eek:

I was surprised at how early mine would be available too:eek: My school's in the city centre though, 5mins from the GPO...I probably shouldn't be so shocked:P

_meehan_ wrote: »
    I was surprised at how early mine would be available too:eek: My school's in the city centre though, 5mins from the GPO...I probably shouldn't be so shocked:P

Ill be in the school for 8!!! :)

The principal in the school across the road has for the past 3 years only made the results available for students after 4 o clock. She maintained it was due to students going drinking straight after they had gotten their results.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭danslevent

I'm scared...woke up this morning and all I could think was that this time tomorrow I'm gonna know what my two year slog amounted to! It all feels so surreal :(

The principal in the school across the road has for the past 3 years only made the results available for students after 4 o clock. She maintained it was due to students going drinking straight after they had gotten their results.

That makes no sense considering they can all get their results online from 12 anyway.:confused:

Schools shouldn't be allowed to withold results like that imo. Just make them available in the morning and be done with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭justified

apparently we're having brekkie with the principal before we get them :p bit unorthadox but kinda cool, it'll be whopper cheap for the school though, no one will eat a thing!!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭smeal

wow she seems like a bit of a buzzkill!! afterall, the students arent technically her students anymore! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Darius.Tr

Only one sleepless night left, till results are out :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭flyaway.

That is shocking. :eek: Has nobody complained? And pointless, since they can just get them at 12 anyway! Plus, most of the students are probably over 18 and therefore can drink whenever the heck they want! Not that it's her business anyway. I'm so glad that's not my school. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I can't stop thinking about these results. I'm more worried about opening the envelope , I'm so nervous. I really hope I've done better than I thought. Then you'll have your whole family expecting you to do amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 TheRepeat

Best of luck everybody! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭stealinhorses

Tomorrow can't get here fast enough... Gonna go for a cycle to clear my head and spend the night watching whatever I can until I collapse in my chair. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭joshrogan

Going to work from 3-10:30 which will take my mind off the results :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Tomorrow can't get here fast enough... Gonna go for a cycle to clear my head and spend the night watching whatever I can until I collapse in my chair. Fingers crossed.
    DOOOOOOOOOON't go cycling! It will let you think about it. What you need to do is use your head and do something that will take ages. Yesterday, I installed networking cable (Cat5e) in every room in the house. Day went very quickly! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭B_Fanatic

Hmmm... Starting to feel a little anxious now. I'm looking to up my points by 90 from the mocks. Anyway possible?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

B_Fanatic wrote: »
    Hmmm... Starting to feel a little anxious now. I'm looking to up my points by 90 from the mocks. Anyway possible?
    Looking at the statistics of this survey i'm running i'd say it's more than possible.

I'd appreciate it if everyone would participate in the survey after getting their results.

/shameless plug :D

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭B_Fanatic

Looking at the statistics of this survey i'm running i'd say it's more than possible.

I'd appreciate it if everyone would participate in the survey after getting their results.

/shameless plug :D

I was going to make poll about how your actual points went with respects to your mocks :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭aoife_bennett

flyaway. wrote: »
    Today is already dragging.

Today is the slowest day I've lived through in my whole life.

Advertisement