Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Countdown to LC Results 2011

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Vodkat

Today is the slowest day I've lived through in my whole life.

Its painful!! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭aoife_bennett

Vodkat wrote: »
    Its painful!! :mad:

It's only half two. On a normal day it'd be about five o clock by now.

It's so true, a watched pot really does never boil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭flyaway.

It's just going so slow! I think I'm going to go for a long walk and then head to the library after and hopefully that'll pass a few hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭LittleMissLost

I'm still in bed but am planning on getting up, blasting music and tidying my room for a couple of hours, heading into town to lodge my wages (yesssss) then going to a friends Ann Summers party tonight! Should be an experience anyway, will certainly help me take my mind off things, although I'm slightly nervous at the thoughts of this party... :pac: wahey!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Such high tech wizardry at your schools. :p We got a message on a twitter page that has no followers at the start of the summer, so our entire year hasn't a notion 'bout tomorrow

Such a waste of money sending texts.
    One line on the school website would have done it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

_meehan_ wrote: »
    I was surprised at how early mine would be available too:eek: My school's in the city centre though, 5mins from the GPO...I probably shouldn't be so shocked:P
    The GPO isn't a sorting office - your school's would be up in Rutland place. Such an early time means they must be expecting a lot of teachers in to help with sorting the stuff out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 merlin13

I just want this day to be over at this stage!

Find out the results, and if im happy or sad, just go MAD tmro night :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭LittleMissLost

spurious wrote: »
    Such a waste of money sending texts.
    One line on the school website would have done it.

I don't think the computerised web text system thing costs money though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

bored bored bored.
    DAY, Y U NO GO FASTER?!

bored bored bored.
    DAY, Y U NO GO FASTER?!

I think we have a god given right to boot today up the hole to spur it on a bit

It's still only 3pm like?!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 Edana

I swear the clock is going backwards :( Think im gonna go and tidy the house to take my mind off it all :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

I think we have a god given right to boot today up the hole to spur it on a bit

It's still only 3pm like?!!

I should probably try do something productive to speed up the day.
    But hey, boards is productive.. right, RIGHT!!??

/goes insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

57 pages in on a countdown thread and we haven't got a countdown....

Official Leaving Cert Countdown Yoke-a-ma-bob

I should probably try do something productive to speed up the day.
    But hey, boards is productive.. right, RIGHT!!??

/goes insane.
    Edana wrote: »
    I swear the clock is going backwards :( Think im gonna go and tidy the house to take my mind off it all :/

Soccy, Edana may be on to something here . . . My bathroom needs a wipe down after I dyed my hair again, can you make it over Edana??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭flyaway.

I am going to be looking at the countdown all day now. :/

Right. I'm heading out because I am driving myself insane waiting around the house being bored! :P Time please speed up...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

spurious wrote: »
    The GPO isn't a sorting office - your school's would be up in Rutland place. Such an early time means they must be expecting a lot of teachers in to help with sorting the stuff out.

True never thought of that:o There'll be loads of teachers in to help alright..I reckon the majority of the teachers who had us in 6th year will be in. They're always brilliant like that.

Soccy, Edana may be on to something here . . . My bathroom needs a wipe down after I dyed my hair again, can you make it over Edana??

Bathrooms are my specialty :D Actually I need to dye my own hair aswel, thanks for the reminder.. that will pass another hour :)

The house will be spotless by the time mum gets home.. she'll know im nervous then

Bathrooms are my specialty :D Actually I need to dye my own hair aswel, thanks for the reminder.. that will pass another hour :)

The house will be spotless by the time mum gets home.. she'll know im nervous then

My speciality is my bedroom :)

Ooh, what colour? Haha I do be good at giving people ideas like that!!

Ooh, what colour? Haha I do be good at giving people ideas like that!!

I'm just dying it like choc brown to go with my extensions .. used to have it kinda red and its taking FOREVER to get rid of it :mad:

I'm just dying it like choc brown to go with my extensions .. used to have it kinda red and its taking FOREVER to get rid of it :mad:
    Oh I knowthe feeling . . . I've been dark red for a while now and though I low it to bits, the amount of effort required in it's upkeep is unreal!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Rabbitandcavy

So nervous think me and my friend will have some vodka for the nerves before heading in. I have a lot to worry about though as I don't think I passed maths :( I'm playing the sims to pass the time lol! Don't think I'll be sleeping tonight, found it hard enough to sleep last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭smeal

I'm pulling the Leaving Cert stunt of drinking loads of caffeine (coffee, red bull) during the day so as when the caffeine wears off this evenin, i'll be wrecked and ready to sleep haha.. Love how this forum has turned into a sleeping disorder helpline:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

smeal wrote: »
    I'm pulling the Leaving Cert stunt of drinking loads of caffeine (coffee, red bull) during the day so as when the caffeine wears off this evenin, i'll be wrecked and ready to sleep haha.. Love how this forum has turned into a sleeping disorder helpline:P

Good idea

well thats the bathroom and downstairs all squeeky clean :D past nearly two hours.. not too bad :)

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭whatcartoget

Just got text from school our results are out at 8.15am. I have no ide what time to go in at.

smeal wrote: »

Laptop coming to bed with me tonight. Gonna watch Pretty Little Liars and try to find some of last years Skins episodes (the ones with Freddie, Effy, Cook etc)

Should keep me going til 5 at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭smeal

Laptop coming to bed with me tonight. Gonna watch Pretty Little Liars and try to find some of last years Skins episodes (the ones with Freddie, Effy, Cook etc)

oooo i have the skins boxset, this isnt a bad idea Aoife! Although I was also thinking of maybe watching Marley and Me or My Sisters Keeper so that I can cry myself to sleep..either way is good! also going drink shopping later so as to calm my nerves and have a little reassurance! haha:)

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭what.to.do

4od.com will take over your life.

It has all the skins, misfits and inbetweeners on it.

And loads of other stuff. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

That doesn't look right :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 ItsMeSarah94

thats what i have been doing all week just watching Pretty Little Liars! love it!! :pac: i think i might watch the inbetweeners! :p

Advertisement