Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Countdown to LC Results 2011

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭brian93

bren2001 wrote: »
    The original copies have colour on them and are not just grey. Any students grades Ive seen (I'm a grinds teacher so have seen quite a few) are not the original. As far as I am aware they are required to keep your results for a period of 6 years (old teacher told me) and then are not legally obligied.

Under the Data Protection Act you can request a copy, but I dont think the grades are technically for you but for the school as opposed to the CAO offers which have nothing to do with the school, thats just my reasoning/guessing.

You're probably right - I'm not sure. My vice-principal did warn us before the summer though that they will give us the only original copy, and that they keep a photocopy in the school, so to put it somewhere safe if we're 'going out celebrating'.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭ak4

starting to get those dreams/ nightmares about the day.......had one a few night back of me opening the envelope to see a b1 in history at the top then when i tried to pull the sheet out more i woke up.....grrr :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭aoife_bennett

ak4 wrote: »
    starting to get those dreams/ nightmares about the day.......had one a few night back of me opening the envelope to see a b1 in history at the top then when i tried to pull the sheet out more i woke up.....grrr :P
    My dream was pretty upsetting. I failed both English and Irish, and only got d's in everything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 boomerang!

Does anyone know when you can check the scripts? Is it shortly after the results come out?

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭brian93

boomerang! wrote: »
    Does anyone know when you can check the scripts? Is it shortly after the results come out?

As far as I know, you can check them on a Friday evening in early September

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭what.to.do

I genuinely wasn't thinking about the results, didn't enter my mind!
    Until my aunt/teacher went "oh its two weeks this wednesday, are you nervous? I know I was etc".

Now I'm having weird dreams.
    And I want to kill her for forcing them into my mind. :[

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭not_so_civil

My dream was pretty upsetting. I failed both English and Irish, and only got d's in everything else.

My dreams get weirder by the night, last night I dreamt that our school hid our results around the grounds and when we'd all found them, we discovered that they'd changed the grading system so nobody knew how they'd actually got on:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭ChloeElla

My dreams get weirder by the night, last night I dreamt that our school hid our results around the grounds and when we'd all found them, we discovered that they'd changed the grading system so nobody knew how they'd actually got on:eek:

I'm almost jealous of all these dreams, clearly my subconscious isn't advanced enough to create weird situations!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

ChloeElla wrote: »
    I'm almost jealous of all these dreams, clearly my subconscious isn't advanced enough to create weird situations!

Don't be jealous, most of the dreams are awful. I've a really bad recurring one where I get 2 Bs and 4 Ds.:( And for some reason Japanese is down on my results cert, even though I didn't do it.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Killian1993

What continues to bother me is that when I recall questions on papers, i can't remember putting down an answer for some, but of course i did or in most cases i can't remember what i put down. It's just a matter of waiting!!!!! which i find completely stressful! oh and then there is this points lark with just adds to the pressure, will they rise? who knows.....Oh and in my school I know they already know our points, last year i believe the vice principal requested that everyone come in at 9 on the dot so that all results could be revealed together, I certainly know i won't be coming in till 11! i want to dodge the crowds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

Bahhhhhh I'm sooo nervous... Dreading getting the results.. Wish they would come in the post or something! :/

What continues to bother me is that when I recall questions on papers, i can't remember putting down an answer for some, but of course i did or in most cases i can't remember what i put down. It's just a matter of waiting!!!!! which i find completely stressful! oh and then there is this points lark with just adds to the pressure, will they rise? who knows.....Oh and in my school I know they already know our points, last year i believe the vice principal requested that everyone come in at 9 on the dot so that all results could be revealed together, I certainly know i won't be coming in till 11! i want to dodge the crowds.

I try not to think about anything I wrote down in the exams...the more I think about it, the more likely I am to come to the conclusion that all I wrote was bullsh*t and wrong. Try and forget it, there's nothing you can do about the actual exams now.

Also, this idea your principal has is silly. Avoid like the plague!

_meehan_ wrote: »
    Don't be jealous, most of the dreams are awful. I've a really bad recurring one where I get 2 Bs and 4 Ds.:( And for some reason Japanese is down on my results cert, even though I didn't do it.:confused:

They all sound nightmarish, but I feel like I should be much more worried! I'm worried about my lack of worry :pac: but at least I don't have to worry about not knowing what to actually count... I've seen numerous statuses on Facebook mentioning counting seven subjects! :P

Oh and in my school I know they already know our points, last year i believe the vice principal requested that everyone come in at 9 on the dot so that all results could be revealed together, I certainly know i won't be coming in till 11! i want to dodge the crowds.

I plan on being in there at like eight, I want to know ASAP!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Darius.Tr

Huh im not nervous at all for my results, allready got my back up plans ready :) I got offered 3 plc places this week :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 791 ✭✭✭Shreddingblood

I plan on being in there at like eight, I am a SAP!

fyp
    pacman.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

fyp
    pacman.gif

Aren't you just lovely. :)

Well there are only 45 students in my year and i know they are very very lazy, so maybe by coming in early it may be a better time. I keep thinking should i just ask The vice principal how many points did i get? or just open the results and not make a big ordeal of it.. I don't care for the grades at all per subject, all i care about is getting enough points that will give me some security on the day, there were of course exams that went worse then expected and i certainly won't be in the mood for bull**** from teachers, so hopefully there will be none there!

"Huh im not nervous at all for my results, allready got my back up plans ready I got offered 3 plc places this week "

Hmmm backups for me, oh dear i either go the level 7 pathway (because i now realise that my level 7 course suits me better than most of my level 8 courses down the list) or i repeat but that will mean getting better grades and if i get another bad paper(s) next year then i'm screwed + also i would have to take up a new subject, no i think repeating is probably out of the question. you know i've been following posts on boards for the last year and a half and only decided to make an account about an hour ago!

They all sound nightmarish, but I feel like I should be much more worried! I'm worried about my lack of worry :pac: but at least I don't have to worry about not knowing what to actually count... I've seen numerous statuses on Facebook mentioning counting seven subjects! :P

You're not missing anything, trust me!:pac:

I've been avoiding Facebook to avoid resuls-related statuses, but silly ones like those are good for the lulz:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Darius.Tr

"Huh im not nervous at all for my results, allready got my back up plans ready I got offered 3 plc places this week "

Hmmm backups for me, oh dear i either go the level 7 pathway (because i now realise that my level 7 course suits me better than most of my level 8 courses down the list) or i repeat but that will mean getting better grades and if i get another bad paper(s) next year then i'm screwed + also i would have to take up a new subject, no i think repeating is probably out of the question. you know i've been following posts on boards for the last year and a half and only decided to make an account about an hour ago!

I only have 3 courses on my CAO list so there isnt any other options for me really :) and repeating LC doesnt sound too good either...

• Advertisement

Oh God Chloe, don't be jealous!! you can have my subconscious if you want!!!

Well there are only 45 students in my year and i know they are very very lazy, so maybe by coming in early it may be a better time. I keep thinking should i just ask The vice principal how many points did i get? or just open the results and not make a big ordeal of it.. I don't care for the grades at all per subject, all i care about is getting enough points that will give me some security on the day, there were of course exams that went worse then expected and i certainly won't be in the mood for bull**** from teachers, so hopefully there will be none there!

No don't ask the VP about your points. Bring a calculator and add them up yourself!:) Or if you have one of those phones that can have apps, there's a points calculator app that you can download for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

fyp
    pacman.gif
    No name calling. We're not 2 kul 4 skul like yourself. :rolleyes:

Or if you have one of those phones that can have apps, there's a points calculator app that you can download for free.
    I strongly recommend that app . . . I'm bringing it with me on results day

I strongly recommend that app . . . I'm bringing it with me on results day

I'm gonna download it on to my mum's iPod..don't want any confusion when I'm adding up my points!:o

fyp
    pacman.gif

True also, thank you :P
    You're not missing anything, trust me!:pac:

I've been avoiding Facebook to avoid resuls-related statuses, but silly ones like those are good for the lulz:P

I'm REALLY hating the countdowns online, I don't need to be reminded! But I can be cheered up sometimes by people being silly :rolleyes:
    Oh God Chloe, don't be jealous!! you can have my subconscious if you want!!!

Yes please Aoife, swapsies? :D I get to freak myself out a little, you get to be completely uncreative! Sounds fair ;)

Yes please Aoife, swapsies? :D I get to freak myself out a little, you get to be completely uncreative! Sounds fair ;)
    Deal. You don't even have to pay me!!! :D

Deal. You don't even have to pay me!!! :D

This day just gets better & better! Can I sell it after results? :P

Slightly off topic but never the less relevant to the leaving cert, every day i type i see on google news about college academics criticizing the LC, lately it has been UCD along with other college figure heads, now it's the president of DCU http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2011/0805/1224301872875.html Will there soon be radical changes to the leaving?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Ragdoll742

Slightly off topic but never the less relevant to the leaving cert, every day i type i see on google news about college academics criticizing the LC, lately it has been UCD along with other college figure heads, now it's the president of DCU http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2011/0805/1224301872875.html Will there soon be radical changes to the leaving?

He raises a fair point. I think subjects like History and English are based on how fast you can recall information as opposed to how much you've learned. It suits some people, and others not as much. Pain in the arse at times tbh :D

As for the results, I haven't been thinking about them a whole lot apart from when I run into someone from school or whatever, and thats what we end up talking about. I imagine on the day im gonna head in, grab the envelope, take a sly stroll, and open them up :pac:

Advertisement