Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Countdown to LC Results 2011

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

best of luck to everyone tommorrow :) hope ye all get what ye want so ye can be chilling out in college in a months time :pac:

and this is going to sound stupid as **** - but make sure you add the points up right.... bring yer own sheet with the points for every grade written out on it... I forget what way the points and grades are written out on the sheet you get but it can be confusing... there all written out in a straight line in tiny writing or something like that anywats.... I know I added mine up wrong anyways and a whole load of other people did the same so you could end up thinking you got 30 points less than you did... (which sucks balls until you realise what you did wrong) if you think you going to be a nervous wreck tommorrow just bring it in so you'll be double sure you added them up right the first time... calculator goes without saying because adding in your head tommorrow is a baaaadd idea ;)

and secondly - if you got less points than your course needed last year chill out and don't start worrying just yet.... points go up as well as down so just wait for the CAO points to come out first....

good luck to everyone anyways.... today is a pretty damn annoying day as I know myself from last year but hopefully it'll all be worth it when you get your results tommorrow :)

and get ****ing polluted drunk tommorrow night regardless ;) :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Bloc Party!

My speciality is my bedroom :)

Hahahaha :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭aoife_bennett

what.to.do wrote: »
    4od.com will take over your life.

It has all the skins, misfits and inbetweeners on it.

And loads of other stuff. :P

Haha you are my new hero!!

Hahahaha :o

Haha I say that to people all the time and no one believes me!!

smeal wrote: »
    oooo i have the skins boxset, this isnt a bad idea Aoife! Although I was also thinking of maybe watching Marley and Me or My Sisters Keeper so that I can cry myself to sleep..either way is good! also going drink shopping later so as to calm my nerves and have a little reassurance! haha:)

Haha smeal my plan is to keep all my tears til tomorrow . . . Either way I'll probably be in shed loads of tears!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭smeal

After a good 25 minutes of listening to Celine Dion's "Power of Love" on repeat I have finally reassessed my life, kind of. I've decided that tomorrows outcome isnt the end of the world, theres always other options, i think. I'm not going to let that little weasel of a brown envelope wreck the remainder of my Summer. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm away to the pub. xox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

smeal wrote: »
    After a good 25 minutes of listening to Celine Dion's "Power of Love" on repeat I have finally reassessed my life, kind of. I've decided that tomorrows outcome isnt the end of the world, theres always other options, i think. I'm not going to let that little weasel of a brown envelope wreck the remainder of my Summer. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm away to the pub. xox

Everyone read above, it's not the end of the world if things go wrong tommmorow, if you have to repeat or do a plc course what harm, it will delay the time in which you achieve your goal, but isn't that a good thing in this economic crises:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭flyaway.

Are all the clocks in my house broken? I walked to town, went to the post office, the library, the bookshop, the supermarket, walked back home and it's not even 6 o clock. :mad: Going to make dinner for everyone tonight to pass the time. :P

Ahh getting pretty nervous now but also looking forward to it in a way!

flyaway. wrote: »
    Are all the clocks in my house broken? I walked to town, went to the post office, the library, the bookshop, the supermarket, walked back home and it's not even 6 o clock. :mad: Going to make dinner for everyone tonight to pass the time. :P

Ahh getting pretty nervous now but also looking forward to it in a way!
    I'm more looking forward than nervous tbh, I know I will do well
    the clocks must be broke in my house too, should clean my room
    That would pass a good few hours:p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,668 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Off to the pub tonight, should sleep well if I'm a bit tipsy :P

Future alcoholic much?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Sunny!! wrote: »
    I know I done well
    Gotta love irony :pac:

mtb_kng wrote: »
    Gotta love irony :pac:

:L am I missing something, should it be have done or something haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

The summer's been fairly boring..a bit of action tomorrow won't go astray:pac:

:L am I missing something, should it be have done or something haha
    You did well. It's like, er, em.... How do you explain irony? It's like explaining a joke, if you have to, it's no longer funny :)

You did well. It's like, er, em.... How do you explain irony? It's like explaining a joke, if you have to, it's no longer funny :)

I know what irony is :L, but I didnt know on boards that your grammar had to be perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭NSNO

How is it still Tuesday?! :eek:

I know what irony is :L, but I didnt know on boards that your grammar had to be perfect
    Ah, nevermind :rolleyes:

Ah, nevermind :rolleyes:

Just because I made a grammar mistake doesn't mean I won't have a good leaving certain :L, I'm very much offended:p

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭whatcartoget

What should I go in at our results are out at 8.15. I want to collect them but I don't want to bump into loads of people or the local paper. So what time should I go in?

What should I go in at our results are out at 8.15. I want to collect them but I don't want to bump into loads of people or the local paper. So what time should I go in?

9?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭LittleMissLost

I rang my school & the secretary said 10. The lazy cúnts :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

Best of luck to you all, ladies and gents. Thankfully it's been four years since I last had the pleasure of waiting for LC results, it gets better! Don't lose too much sleep tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Lisac220

This day couldn't possibly drag anymore :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

Kwekubo wrote: »
    Best of luck to you all, ladies and gents. Thankfully it's been four years since I last had the pleasure of waiting for LC results, it gets better! Don't lose too much sleep tonight.

thanks for the good wishes

although i do like how you think we'll be sleeping at all tonight :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭aramush

brick-toilet.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Vodkat

I say every leaving cert students bedroom is spotless!! Mine is.... :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Lisac220

Vodkat wrote: »

Spent about 3 hours cleaning it to try pass time .. Never see it so clean before:D

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Vodkat

Lisac220 wrote: »
    Spent about 3 hours cleaning it to try pass time .. Never see it so clean before:D

I know, I even hoovered my mattress!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Vodkat wrote: »

Mines a mess, which is unusual!:P I did strip my bed yesterday though and washed all the sheets and covers...nothing like a nice fresh bed to spend the last sleepless night in!:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Rabbitandcavy

I don't plan on sleeping cause lying down with my eyes closed will make me think and panic. I plan on watching movies, cleaning my room and getting ready for my spray tan I'm getting for the grad tomorrow evening.

Advertisement