Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Countdown to LC Results 2011

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭flyaway.

Is it just me or is anyone else gettign the somewhat OCD thing: "If this thread doesn't get 1000 replies by midnight I've failed!" :pac:
    Probably not. I'm a wierdo :rolleyes:

Well we'll all just have to post lots then! For your sake. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 josephdaly111

Good luck with the results tomorrow everyone! Hope you all get the points you want!

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Shonagh

To bring us up to 1000... What points/course does everyone hope to get?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

I'm gonna put on mad men. If I fall asleep- perfect, if I don't then I have all the people staying awake to cheer me up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭begsy

Had a dream lastnite that i got 625 points in my best 6 subject and i was made repeat the whole leaving cert because i was 25 points over the maximum.. :( wont be sleeping tonite thats for sure.. think i might clean my room.. haha hope all goes well for everyone... :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

Dont be worrying. If I can do good in the LC ANYONE can :D It will all come together for you all regardless of what you get. Try get some sleep and when you get up it will be time. The night will drag on if you stay up all night, then you be to tired to get pissed :p Now if you'll excuse me I have a discrete maths exam to fail at 9am and I need my sleep:)

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Oleg Luzhny

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭dillo2k10

I would suggest not looking at any news items until after you get your results.

I just done a google search "Leaving Cert" and then pressed news. I had about 10 nervous breakdowns in about 30 seconds. The titles are not nice about the results. Luckly the ones I seen were all last year or just misleading titles. But that may not be the case through the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ThisIsMySeat

Best of luck everyone, hope ye all get what ye deserve :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

Eh,

Maybe its just me but is anyone in the **** position of not being able to go out tomoro night due to recession in households?

Sucks.:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭dillo2k10

Best of luck everyone, hope ye all get what ye deserve :)

No what they want, not what they deserve cos I know I dont deserve what I will be getting!
    LC2010HIS wrote: »
    Eh,

Maybe its just me but is anyone in the **** position of not being able to go out tomoro night due to recession in households?

No but I can't go out because Im in work :( til 10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭flyaway.

begsy wrote: »
    Had a dream lastnite that i got 625 points in my best 6 subject and i was made repeat the whole leaving cert because i was 25 points over the maximum.. :( wont be sleeping tonite thats for sure.. think i might clean my room.. haha hope all goes well for everyone... :)

This made me giggle. At least you can be assured this won't happen! ;)

Good luck tomorrow! I'm sure you'll do grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭begsy

flyaway. wrote: »
    This made me giggle. At least you can be assured this won't happen! ;)

Good luck tomorrow! I'm sure you'll do grand.

Ha myself and a good friend had a laugh about this today... I think these dreams i am having are getting worse each day.. ha bedt of luck to you aswell. Hope you get the points you need/want... :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Eh,

Awh get some people to buy you drinks ? You can just have a sober night if things are that bad ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

Good luck! Whatever the outcome remember that you have options, nothing is the end of the world blah blah blah. I'll be back on Sunday night to **** bricks before 1st round offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭ChloeElla

Eh,

Well I don't think you'll miss much :) I'm trying to save, so I'm going to my friends & she'll have food & stuff there for us, then it's €10 for the nightclub & I never buy drinks in there, rip-off! Hang out with your friends without going out? :)

Awh get some people to buy you drinks ? You can just have a sober night if things are that bad ?

See, here comes the shítty-er bit! I went to school in the city this year. From the city to my town, by taxi, is 50euro. And I really want to go out with the crowd from this yrs LC but things are tight around here unfortunately :(

FML.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

guys what time do the schools actually get the results? are all the schools the same times?

They go in a special early delivery from An Post. The closer the school is to the sorting office, the earlier the delivery. I think An Post aim to have them to all schools before 9. Then it depends how many people are working on them and how many candidates there are as to how long it is before they can be released.

I know our school has told the students to come in from 10 on, though in fact we may have them ready a little bit before that - we just didn't want to risk having the students waiting in the school unnecessarily if we were still photocopying.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I'd imagine the results are near the schools at this stage, probably in a garda station or post office ?

They will be with An Post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Good luck! Whatever the outcome remember that you have options, nothing is the end of the world blah blah blah. I'll be back on Sunday night to **** bricks before 1st round offers.

I thought you're in college? :o Maybe I'm confusing you with a different C&Her though! Aaah lads I'm wicked nervous now.. :(

• Advertisement

spurious wrote: »
    They will be with An Post.

*gets tracksuit outta the wash and goes to loot the GPO*

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭daniels.ducks

Eh,

Same as me. I'm not going out tomorrow but there is a house party on Thursday which works out much cheaper and is better craic. :) So you're not alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    I thought you're in college? :o Maybe I'm confusing you with a different C&Her though! Aaah lads I'm wicked nervous now.. :(
    I did a year and a half in UCD, decided to switch dramatically. As you do. Nine months of the big bad working world and I'm counting down the days til I go back to college. I'll be an ickle fresher again! Ew...

I did a year and a half in UCD, decided to switch dramatically. As you do. Nine months of the big bad working world and I'm counting down the days til I go back to college. I'll be an ickle fresher again! Ew...

Woo freshers for life :) what dya wanna study now? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

Good luck to everyone tomorrow! Feels like a whole life time ago since I got mine and only a year has passed, hope it all goes to plan =)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

Lads, best of luck to everyone tomorrow! I hope we're all happy! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Is it just me or is anyone else gettign the somewhat OCD thing: "If this thread doesn't get 1000 replies by midnight I've failed!" :pac:
    Probably not. I'm a wierdo :rolleyes:
    Yes. Yes, you are.

Glad to be able to reassure you on that point! :D

But you're pretty safe on the 1,000 I'd say ...

Everyone, I know it's a lot easier said than done, but try to relax a little. It won't come any faster by sweating over it. A film, a puzzle, a crossword, a book ... something which will keep the mind occupied, music isn't really the best, it will just act as the soundtrack to your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Just popping in to say good luck to everyone tomorrow. I just did my JC, so this seems like a lifetime away!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

Everyone, I know it's a lot easier said than done, but try to relax a little. It won't come any faster by sweating over it. A film, a puzzle, a crossword, a book ... something which will keep the mind occupied, music isn't really the best, it will just act as the soundtrack to your thoughts.

Cool as ever Randy! :cool: :P

• Advertisement

I'd say A&E will be pumping enough stomachs to feed africa for a year tomorrow night! Tut tut drink responsibly kids!

Advertisement