Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Countdown to LC Results 2011

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Mr Mime

So 4,367 people have failed maths and 141 got 600.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

the bbc version is ****é !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭dillo2k10

dillo2k10 wrote: »
    I hate you !!!!!!!

Love you too ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

ah I hope I haven't failed maths I already looked at the answers . The most I can get is a D3. I'll be happy if I pass maths , if I fail thats me repeating the leaving :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Mr Mime wrote: »

Good news for honours maths students as far as I can see...especially considering that horrible paper :)

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Violafy

Thats so hight mines AABBBB. I failed 3 exams in my mocks and they didn't got the best in the leaving but a little better. It's hard to get that if you have 6 exams. I already wrote a thing to say to them when I ring up lol. I hope they take the call.

Good idea! I know vaguely what I'd say - but maybe I should write it down as I'll probably have lost the ability to speak coherently due to the whole stress of it all. :p Where's your firm, and which course? GOOD LUCK :) , hope you get it and don't need to ring at all.

So 4,367 people have failed maths and 141 got 600.

HUH??!?!?! Are u sure its not 2010 records?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭flyaway.

Ughhh. I better not be one of those who failed (OL) maths. I'd be devastated. :( Shouldn't have read those... now I'm panicking!

• Advertisement

LC2010HIS wrote: »
    HUH??!?!?! Are u sure its not 2010 records?

Fraid not... it was released about twenty minutes ago..
    Im quite worried now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭dillo2k10

flyaway. wrote: »
    Ughhh. I better not be one of those who failed (OL) maths. I'd be devastated. :( Shouldn't have read those... now I'm panicking!

Same, not a chance Im ever going to sleep now!!

Violafy wrote: »
    Good idea! I know vaguely what I'd say - but maybe I should write it down as I'll probably have lost the ability to speak coherently due to the whole stress of it all. :p Where's your firm, and which course? GOOD LUCK :) , hope you get it and don't need to ring at all.

Yeah write one then you can have it in front of you. I have stuff like what I want to get from the course and tried to avoid talking about the results highlighting good things and anything that I've done relevant to the course. Then said how I was dedicated and hope they'll still offer me a place. Mines Newcastle I heard they said they may have up to 100 places in clearing. Might have a chance then. Good luck as well

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭daniels.ducks

Fireball07 wrote: »
    Good news for honours maths students as far as I can see...especially considering that horrible paper :)

Yes can't see anything in that to suggests a higher than average failure rate! :D
    This slightly puts me at ease!

Lads, I scanned through the article. Nothing on Ag science?!!?
    Thats the one Im brickin about tbh :(:( such a bad exam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

That's across the board, not just higher level.. It's in line with last years stats afaik..!

Chill! :)

Those filthy mudbloods :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭DaBomb

Lads, I scanned through the article. Nothing on Ag science?!!?
    Thats the one Im brickin about tbh :(:( such a bad exam

Yeah same here, felt it was really tricky and just a horrible paper :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Violafy

Yeah write one then you can have it in front of you. I have stuff like what I want to get from the course and tried to avoid talking about the results highlighting good things and anything that I've done relevant to the course. Then said how I was dedicated and hope they'll still offer me a place. Mines Newcastle I heard they said they may have up to 100 places in clearing. Might have a chance then. Good luck as well

Thank you, St Andrews don't even do clearing though, so it's pretty unlikely I'd get in unless I get the grades. Aaaaaagh! I can't even attempt to sleep, as when I wake up..... I'll be time. :eek:

Well yes it does seem to be in line with last years.. bleh I need to stop analyzing..

Sorry for posting that everyone!

I'm off to bed now, and I don't know if i'll ever return to this thread.

Goodbye and Good Luck everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Yes can't see anything in that to suggests a higher than average failure rate! :D
    This slightly puts me at ease!

Yeah it only mentions ordinary for a higher failure rate...I don't know the figures of how many sat each paper but it would seem to be at least average. And across the board, there's a higher rate of people getting A, B and Cs...of course I was expecint a C1 anyway so it doesn't really suggest I got higher either :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭whatcartoget

Seeing the fact I failed maths in my pre and I found the leaving really hard I might as well as give up now! :(

Violafy wrote: »
    Thank you, St Andrews don't even do clearing though, so it's pretty unlikely I'd get in unless I get the grades. Aaaaaagh! I can't even attempt to sleep, as when I wake up..... I'll be time. :eek:

Is that the university you want to go to the most? You won't be in clearing yet if you have it has your firm . Still try you haven't got anything to lose. I know I'm staying up all night I'd rather have the time go slow then sleep and the next thing it's time to see the results.

Biology faired poor, I wonder why, the people who made out that exam should be ashamed of themselves

DaBomb wrote: »
    Yeah same here, felt it was really tricky and just a horrible paper :mad:

Yeah. I took it up new in my repeats. WORST. SUBJECT. EVER.
    Boring as Brian Dobson :(

Fecking joke. Horrible exam. Horrible subject. I mean, the projects!!! All that for 25% !?!?! Shudda been 30/35% ! I put so much hard work into it from trekking in shít to falling in pig pits!!! Shnappping!!!!

And whats worse, THE PEOPLE WHO TRY TO TEACH IT!!!!

/rant

Seeing the fact I failed maths in my pre and I found the leaving really hard I might as well as give up now! :(

I failed maths in the mocks as well it was ordinary level though. The paper 1 was even harder this time.

Loving how the article can talk MUSIC but not ENGLISH!!?!?:eek:

I failed maths in the mocks as well it was ordinary level though. The paper 1 was even harder this time.

It was very hl jc, it was cruel, for the people that didn't do hl they would have struggled, did any one think this years lc overall was crueler comparing to other years?

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭DaBomb

Yeah. I took it up new in my repeats. WORST. SUBJECT. EVER.
    Boring as Brian Dobson :(

Fecking joke. Horrible exam. Horrible subject. I mean, the projects!!! All that for 25% !?!?! Shudda been 30/35% ! I put so much hard work into it from trekking in shít to falling in pig pits!!! Shnappping!!!!

And whats worse, THE PEOPLE WHO TRY TO TEACH IT!!!!

/rant

i know what you mean especially about the teacher, mine told us whats required in the folder about a month before it was due!! :mad: and then there's that f***ing green book its ancient :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭whatcartoget

I found most of paper one impossible apart from question one and 8 I think!

Advertisement