Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Countdown to LC Results 2011

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I found most of paper one impossible apart from question one and 8 I think!

Yeah same here I saw the answers I only got about 3 questions right but I attempted most questions and you get attempt marks. Not sure about paper 2 probably about the same. I practised really hard in the last week spent a week doing maths in school and the paper was terrible new things I'd never done were there.

Sunny!! wrote: »
    It was very hl jc, it was cruel, for the people that didn't do hl they would have struggled, did any one think this years lc overall was crueler comparing to other years?

It seemed a little hard my geography was even harder this year I'm usually ok at it. I just hope I don't have to repeat I've already applied as back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭DaBomb

It seemed a little hard my geography was even harder this year I'm usually ok at it. I just hope I don't have to repeat I've already applied as back up.

yeah i find with geography its hard to know how you've done. some people have different ideas as to what counts as a SRP :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Ragdoll742

Im expecting to see this thread in the morning, with posts going right throughout the night :L

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭whatcartoget

Yeah same here I saw the answers I only got about 3 questions right but I attempted most questions and you get attempt marks. Not sure about paper 2 probably about the same. I practised really hard in the last week spent a week doing maths in school and the paper was terrible new things I'd never done were there.
    I attempted as much as I could I really tried everything as far as I can remember. When I went into the exam I felt comfortable enough and the minute I looked at question 2 I knew I was gone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

Same, bio was my biggest issue don't know if I passed it, English was never mentioned in the article, why can't they mention the positive things

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

DaBomb wrote: »
    i know what you mean especially about the teacher, mine told us whats required in the folder about a month before it was due!! :mad: and then there's that f***ing green book its ancient :pac:

The best bit about that subject is they only just decided to make a HUMAN - ACCESIBLE BOOK WITH
    COLOUR PICTURES

FREAKING JOKE OF A SUBJECT!!
    SORRY TO ALL THE YOUNG FARMERS OUT THERE ON THE THREAD BUT I ACTUALLY TRIED TO BE INTERESTED AND UNDERSTAND IT ALL....
    BUT SORRY, THE SUBJECT IS TAUGHT HALF ARSED, THEY FAVOURITE FARMERS IN THEIR CLASS(MY CLASS OF 40 ARE WITNESS TO IT). IT SEEMED IT WAS BASICALLY ONLY FOR THE FARMERS SONS AND DAUGHTERS. SORRY BUT THATS HOW IT SEEMS TO BE !!!!! I DID EVERYTHING I COULD AND I MIGHT AS WELL OF TAKEN ASTROPHYSICS THAT DAY!!!
    SO MAYBE MR. QUINN SHOULD STICK THAT UP HIS ARSÉ !!!!!!!

/rant rant /stress/rant/stress

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 ItsMeSarah94

not a chance of getting ANY sleep at all tonight!!!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Violafy

Is that the university you want to go to the most? You won't be in clearing yet if you have it has your firm . Still try you haven't got anything to lose. I know I'm staying up all night I'd rather have the time go slow then sleep and the next thing it's time to see the results.

I meant that if they're not in clearing, it's less likely that they'll be able to accept me if i don't get the grades, as all of their places will already be filled! But yeah, I think I'd prefer to go there than anywhere in Ireland. I've been trying not to set my heart on it too much though, as I probably won't get it!

Sunny!! wrote: »
    Same, bio was my biggest issue don't know if I passed it, English was never mentioned in the article, why can't they mention the positive things

ha biology and them f***king ducks :pac:

• Advertisement

Which article is everyone on about?

yeah i find with geography its hard to know how you've done. some people have different ideas as to what counts as a SRP :pac:

Yeah I learnt 3 essays they didn't show up . but turns out one did but it was phrased like economc activities in biomes or something.
    Loads of people dropped to ordinary geography on the day the paper looked so easy.

Ragdoll742 wrote: »
    Which article is everyone on about?

This http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/...302579909.html

Yeah I learnt 3 essays they didn't show up . but turns out one did but it was phrased like economc activities in biomes or something.
    Loads of people dropped to ordinary geography on the day the paper looked so easy.

oh ya i know the question your on about, was that really just human interaction with biomes because that what i wrote about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭flyaway.

Okay, I'm not reading anymore articles about the results... all so depressing... recession this, recession that. Just shut up like. I hope tomorrow (today!!) will be a happy day for all of us. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 JReilly

I'm really worried about Spanish. The aural was awful and some of the questions in the texts were very difficult to answer. Got a D2 in the mocks and the orals should be of some help, but I do hope that the aural didn't bring me down.

Same for OL maths. I scraped a D1 in the mocks, but the fact that failure rates are at 10 per cent has me worried, especially when you consider that it's a new record for failures in OL. Paper 1 was decent, but Paper 2 was almost a total nightmare save for 2 or 3 questions.

FML, I'm so worried.

oh ya i know the question your on about, was that really just human interaction with biomes because that what i wrote about?

Yeah I heard it was you just had to sort of add in the economic but, but I freaked out and thought I can't write about any of these and attempted a global interdependance question on positive and negative impacts in region or something.

ha biology and them f***king ducks :pac:

And the ****ing ****e diagrams, that ecology question:confused:, the scientific method experiment question, it haunts me that paper:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Cill Dara Abu

Are you a salesman with The Irish Times with that link?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Am I the only one who has been made more relaxed by that article?

I would suspect that the majority of the people on here are students who are going to get high points and it did say "record results" for higher level students. That sounds good to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭LittleMissLost

Can I just ask why the Irish Times get to know our results before we do? :mad:

Yeah I heard it was you just had to sort of add in the economic but, but I freaked out and thought I can't write about any of these and attempted a global interdependance question on positive and negative impacts in region or something.

oh ok. yeah i noticed there was a lot of economic based questions

Are you a salesman with The Irish Times with that link?

ha i wish i had a job :P no someone else posted it on this thread and then someone asked for it again so i got it for them :o

because their *****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 ItsMeSarah94

how are people feeling about history?? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭dillo2k10

I don't know, but I will be suing them for extreme emotional torture.

Violafy wrote: »
    I meant that if they're not in clearing, it's less likely that they'll be able to accept me if i don't get the grades, as all of their places will already be filled! But yeah, I think I'd prefer to go there than anywhere in Ireland. I've been trying not to set my heart on it too much though, as I probably won't get it!

Same I'm set on Newcastle don't really want to stay here don't want to live at home for university either. Just keep thinking positive :).

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭ak4

the article did say
    "The percentage of students gaining an A, B or C at higher level is at its highest ever level (77 per cent) and up from 64 per cent in 1992. Some 43 per cent of students scored an A or B at higher level, up from 27 per cent in 1992."

think positive people, u could fail one subject but do amazingly well in another u werent expecting to.....or have a beer as i am :P

• Advertisement

how are people feeling about history?? :confused:

Not too worried about any of the sections except the Irish one. Our class did sweet **** all from it. You?

Advertisement