Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Countdown to LC Results 2011

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭stealinhorses

Fireball07 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who has been made more relaxed by that article?

I would suspect that the majority of the people on here are students who are going to get high points and it did say "record results" for higher level students. That sounds good to me.

That's what I thought. They're saying people did bad in the sciences, just like they did last year, and the points for science at third level rose considerably last year, and probably will this year.
    Those who want to get their course will do well in the Leaving, so those statistics probably don't apply to most people on here :).

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭DaBomb

ak4 wrote: »
    the article did say
    "The percentage of students gaining an A, B or C at higher level is at its highest ever level (77 per cent) and up from 64 per cent in 1992. Some 43 per cent of students scored an A or B at higher level, up from 27 per cent in 1992."

think positive people, u could fail one subject but do amazingly well in another u werent expecting to.....or have a beer as i am :P

Beer :D no matter whats the problem, its the answer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

flyaway. wrote: »
    Okay, I'm not reading anymore articles about the results... all so depressing... recession this, recession that. Just shut up like. I hope tomorrow (today!!) will be a happy day for all of us. :)

Fitzwilliam Darcy would be proud ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Darius.Tr

dillo2k10 wrote: »
    I don't know, but I will be suing them for extreme emotional torture.
    Yeah thats true....I wasnt that worried about my maths and physics results untill i read that article, I doubt I'll get much sleep tonight after reading it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

how are people feeling about history?? :confused:

I was kinda pissed off after the exam but I've a feeling they'll mark it okay.

(And that article certainly didn't mention anything about unusual failure rates or lower honours either). Only thing is I wanted an A... :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Darius.Tr

dillo2k10 wrote: »
    I don't know, but I will be suing them for extreme emotional torture.
    Yeah thats true....I wasnt that worried about my maths and physics results untill i read that article, I doubt I'll get much sleep tonight after reading it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Does anyone elses family keep telling you that you're going to do great? It doesn't really help that just makes you feel even more pressure that you have to do well and if you don't it'll be like a let down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

If I have to repeat next year :L I'm going away the week before hand, the last week has been horrible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭flyaway.

LC2010HIS wrote: »
    Fitzwilliam Darcy would be proud ;)

Oh certainly. Maybe he'll finally propose to me. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭aoife_bennett

Its results day !!

Just over 7 hours to go.

• Advertisement

Ross Gellars reaction to the Irish Times Article

• Registered Users Posts: 12,666 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Those filthy mudbloods :mad:

Fair play to you for making me laugh tonight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭ak4

i can offically say i was the luckiest man for history....learned 3 essays and they all came up :P

Does anyone elses family keep telling you that you're going to do great? It doesn't really help that just makes you feel even more pressure that you have to do well and if you don't it'll be like a let down.

I always change the subject of conversation and don't acknowledge there comments, I know their our parents and we love them and they have our best interests at heart but I try my best to block it out

Only thing is I wanted an A... :(

Ha same. Spent the WHOLE YEAR perfecting my history! And came out of it feeling like a gob****é for believing I could achieve an A :(

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭ak4

my dad was trying to level with early on that its ok if i fail but ino he will be madly dissapointed :-/

i can offically say i was the luckiest man for history....learned 3 essays and they all came up :P

Nothing personal, but DIE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 ItsMeSarah94

Ragdoll742 wrote: »
    Not too worried about any of the sections except the Irish one. Our class did sweet **** all from it. You?

im dreading it all i ran out of time so only got 2 essays and the document done (with sh!t answers)!! :/

my dad was trying to level with early on that its ok if i fail but ino he will be madly dissapointed :-/

My mum just keeps saying I'm sure you've done grand you'll get somewhere.
    I usually just say yeah instead of saying anything else.

• Advertisement

Sunny!! wrote: »
    I always change the subject of conversation and don't acknowledge there comments, I know their our parents and we love them and they have our best interests at heart but I try my best to block it out

I just agree with them whenever they say it. I know they're all going to be phoning up asking how I did .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 ItsMeSarah94

I was kinda pissed off after the exam but I've a feeling they'll mark it okay.

(And that article certainly didn't mention anything about unusual failure rates or lower honours either). Only thing is I wanted an A... :(

yea i hope they marked it easy!! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Cill Dara Abu

how are people feeling about history?? :confused:
    I do'nt worry too much about it thats all in the past now :pac:

WAAAAAAAAAAAAY! You cracked a funny!:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

What the Christ do I do with my Irish that I spent 13 years learning now? I'm not letting go of it, anyway, I can use it pretty damn well

Keep them coming will help pass the time :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭flyaway.

I think I found that way more hilarious than I should have.

:D Such a video slut but I cant help it

More of that haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Ha same. Spent the WHOLE YEAR perfecting my history! And came out of it feeling like a gob****é for believing I could achieve an A :(

I'm still hoping for the best. I can't remember much of what I wrote, wasn't so happy at the time but maybe it was good. I'm not going to worry about it anyway. Maybe I got an A.....nothing between a B3 and A2 would surprise me tbh. (If I get lower I'll be very very disappointed)
    yea i hope they marked it easy!! :(

Hopefully...I think they might.

Go hiontach :D:D

Advertisement