Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Countdown to LC Results 2011

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

flyaway. wrote: »
    I think I found that way more hilarious than I should have.

I thought that was just me :L, funnier that the filthy mud bloods and that was funny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Fireball07 wrote: »
    Go hiontach :D:D
    An bhfuil muid ag labhairt I ngaeilge anois? Taím ag iarradh rudaí a deanamh le an teanga fós...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

Why were the early days of history called the dark ages?

Because there were so many knights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Noon_

So... Is anyone else waiting until 12? I know I failed Chemistry hard (Don't need it anyway) and I'm pretty sure my teacher will be there - she has been for the past few years I hear. She's the type that will give me **** for it, and I think they already know our results. On top of that, theres a fair number of dickheads in my year who'd lord it over everyone who didn't get 987 points...

I also applied through UCAS, and I saw some people discussing it earlier in the thread... When does our track get updated? Tomorrow or on Thursday with the A-Level results? I'm pretty much screwed for Ireland if I don't get my firm. I didn't change my CAO during change of mind, and there's courses there that I know I won't have the points for because psychology has such high point requirements in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Ragdoll742

An bhfuil muid ag labhairt I ngaeilge anois? Taím ag iarradh rudaí a deanamh le an teanga fós...

What did you say about my mother?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

Shít my eye is twitching.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

B'fhéidir. Sin rud maith i mo thuairim...ach níl mé ar fheabhas an teanga seo a labhairt. Ag (ar?) an am céanna, tá súil agam go gheobhaidh mé A amárach san ábhar.

Tá sé an-úsáídeach nuair atá tú thar lear. Ansin, tá tú ábalta ag magadh faoi na daoine ann.

(Nílim cinnte go bhfuil an gramadach ceart...)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,666 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Summary of tonight:

Went to the pub to take my mind off the results and hoping some beers would make me sleep better.

Went home, tried to sleep. 25 minutes later, still cant sleep.

Find laptop, go on boards + facebook in the pitch dark of my bedroom.

Now hoping that bright screen in dark room hurts my eyes and makes me sleepy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Ragdoll742 wrote: »

What did you say about my mother?
    Tá cíocha deasa aici o:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Noon_ wrote: »
    So... Is anyone else waiting until 12? I know I failed Chemistry hard (Don't need it anyway) and I'm pretty sure my teacher will be there - she has been for the past few years I hear. She's the type that will give me **** for it, and I think they already know our results. On top of that, theres a fair number of dickheads in my year who'd lord it over everyone who didn't get 987 points...

I also applied through UCAS, and I saw some people discussing it earlier in the thread... When does our track get updated? Tomorrow or on Thursday with the A-Level results? I'm pretty much screwed for Ireland if I don't get my firm. I didn't change my CAO during change of mind, and there's courses there that I know I won't have the points for because psychology has such high point requirements in Ireland.

I think the tracks frozen tomorrow it opens on the a level results day. I'm not sure if they receive our results my university emailed me to say I had to send them my results. You can still phone them up tomorrow I think though and talk to them if you've missed the offer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Rabbitandcavy

letmewatchthis.com is proving well to pass time.

LC2010HIS wrote: »
    Why were the early days of history called the dark ages?

Because there were so many knights.

Pretty good :D

(despite my OCD telling me that there are historical inaccuracies...but I'm probably wrong anyway :p)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

that Irish Times article on HL just made me feel a zillion times better... made me think I've passed :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

- Since 1992, the first year for which accurate figures are available, the number of As awarded at higher level has increased from 5 to 13 per cent;
    - The honours rate, that is the number of A, B and C grades, has increased from 64 to 77 per cent overall;
    - The failure rate at higher level has almost halved in that time;
    - The proportion of students achieving an honours grade in English has increased from 62 per cent in 1992 to 77 per cent this year;
    - The Irish honours rate has gone up by 9 per cent to 84 per cent in 2011;
    - Of higher-level maths students, 81 per cent achieved an A, B or C grade this year – up from 68 per cent in 1992;
    - The honours rate for French has increased by 11 per cent from 63 to 74 per cent;
    - History and geography honours grades have increased by 18 and 16 per cent to 76 and 78 per cent respectively;
    - Biology is the only one of the most popular subjects to have remained reasonably static at 70 per cent since 1992.
    Important news in bold :D

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2011/0817/1224302579959.html

Not a nationwide disaster after all.

Tá cíocha deasa aici o:

Is it sad that i had to use a translator? :L

My irish is truly awful :)

I think the tracks frozen tomorrow it opens on the a level results day. I'm not sure if they receive our results my university emailed me to say I had to send them my results. You can still phone them up tomorrow I think though and talk to them if you've missed the offer.

Well that's good I suppose, we can call a day early before the hoards of A-Levellers if we miss it :D My uni isn't in clearing though, so that doesn't sound too good :|

Important news in bold :D

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2011/0817/1224302579959.html

Not a nationwide disaster after all.

Beautiful :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 bellacoola2011

sitting watching movies drinking JD and coke with 15 year old sister... Anxious I am not...:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

Well that's good I suppose, we can call a day early before the hoards of A-Levellers if we miss it :D My uni isn't in clearing though, so that doesn't sound too good :|

Mine isn't either more will probably be more there once they get the a levels. We can't do the clearing yet though til thursday. What was your offer?

• Advertisement

Ragdoll742 wrote: »
    Is it sad that i had to use a translator? :L

My irish is truly awful :)

Cíocha is not a word you'd learn in school :p

Fireball07 wrote: »
    Cíocha is not a word you'd learn in school :p

Id like to be able to blame it on that :L

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

I'm sure it's been said 100 times already but best of luck. Also don't worry about them no matter what they are not the be all and end all and if you don't get the points you wanted there's so many options nowadays to get to where you want. But party hard tomorrow night anyways:p

Mine isn't either more will probably be there once they get the a levels. We can't do the clearing yet though til thursday. What was your offer?

Firm is Kingston at B3 B3 C2 C2 C2 at Higher and a C3 at Ordinary maths
    Insurance is St Marys in Twickenham at B3 B3 C3 C3 in any 4 Higher
    To be honest though, the way the exams went I'm looking more at my insurance than my firm :\
    That's for psychology, quite a bit lower than Ireland's courses but it's still BPS approved so they must be okay :D
    How about you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

Well everyone goodnight, goodluck to everyone, and it might be cliche, but you will do better than you expect:)

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭ak4

alright people try your best to get some shut eye....our moods in the morning wont be the best so at least try get some sleep to improve that....
    good luck and i want to hear all your happy stories on boards.ie tomorrow...
    laters...

Firm is Kingston at B3 B3 C2 C2 C2 at Higher and a C3 at Ordinary maths
    Insurance is St Marys in Twickenham at B3 B3 C3 C3 in any 4 Higher
    To be honest though, the way the exams went I'm looking more at my insurance than my firm :\
    That's for psychology, quite a bit lower than Ireland's courses but it's still BPS approved so they must be okay :D
    How about you?

I don't have an insurance my offers for newcastle I need A1, A2 and 4 B1s , it's really high. Your offer is quite good :). Is yours all higher level?

Oiche mhaith anois mo chairde!!! :)

Tá mé ag dul i mo chodladh anois mar beidh mé tuirseach traochta oiche amárach.

Bonne chance!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

What the Christ do I do with my Irish that I spent 13 years learning now? I'm not letting go of it, anyway, I can use it pretty damn well

I'm gonna see if there's any Irish speaking societies in college..it'd be a good way of maintaining and improving my standard. I'd hate to lose it after all this time tbh!

• Advertisement

I don't have an insurance my offers for newcastle I need A1, A2 and 4 B1s , it's really high. Your offer is quite good :). Is yours all higher level?

Wow that's quite steep! Yeah, I got offered a course at all the 5 choices that I put down because I apparently had a good PS and reference... I kind of overestimated my predicted grades though haha... Yeah they're all higher level except for maths, but I think I'll probably miss my firm because I kind of got cocky after I got my offers and said "ah sure thats quite low". MASSIVE regrets now, especially at this stage. What's your course at newcastle?

Advertisement