Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Countdown to LC Results 2011

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

_meehan_ wrote: »
    He told her before she even opened the envelope that she hadn't gotten her first choice.

"Do you want me to strangle you?"
    "No?"
    "Well you're not getting your first choice either!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭aoife_bennett

ChloeElla wrote: »
    This day just gets better & better! Can I sell it after results? :P
    How bout we rent it out to this year's 6th years? What course did you apply for? I may be wrong here, but did I see you on the DCU thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭ChloeElla

How bout we rent it out to this year's 6th years? What course did you apply for? I may be wrong here, but did I see you on the DCU thread?

I like it.. We can tell them it'll help for English Paper 1! :P
    My first choice is Law & German in Trinity, but you're right, Economics, Politics & Law in DCU is my 4th choice (but seeing as my 2nd & 3rd choices are both much hugher than my 1st choice, and so are choices 5-10, I think it's fair to say that those two are my viable choices :D ) What course are you hoping for? :)

I like it.. We can tell them it'll help for English Paper 1! :P
    My first choice is Law & German in Trinity, but you're right, Economics, Politics & Law in DCU is my 4th choice (but seeing as my 2nd & 3rd choices are both much hugher than my 1st choice, and so are choices 5-10, I think it's fair to say that those two are my viable choices :D ) What course are you hoping for? :)
    Ooh, German, I like you :) anyone I've talked to does frickin French!!
    Hopefully Journalism in DCU, but my top 3 are all in DCU so unless I really fück everything up I'm headed there

• Registered Users Posts: 12,666 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Cant sleep :(

• Advertisement

AdamD wrote: »
    Cant sleep :(
    You're not the only one. . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Killian1993

I'm dreading the night before the results, that will be a completely sleepless night! At the moment it's just drifting in and out of sleep, no full insomnia yet!

My bedtime has changed from 11 to about half 1 most nights since I can't sleep

Try 4am :P

Try 4am :P
    Someone's pretty worked up . . . What are you going for?

• Advertisement

Well 2/3am is pretty normal for me so its not overly shocking. I'm going for BESS in Trinity, yourself?

I've gone from 1am to 5am!, then i rise at 10 am , but for some reason I don't feel tired, just spend the night watching films to pass the time.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Sunny!! wrote: »
    does anyone know if you get the results online, will the results statement be sent to the house by the school or sec?

The statement will be sent to the school (unless you were an external student) and they generally send them out in the post after a couple of days when it looks like the person will not be coming into the school to collect them.

The school does not know whether you have accessed your results online or not.

I'm going for BESS in Trinity, yourself?
    Journalism in DCU :)

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Bloc Party!

I strongly recommend that app . . . I'm bringing it with me on results day

Haha i have that app too..its very good...i think i counted up what i was hoping to get on it a 100 different times and come up with different points each time :rolleyes:

Ooh, German, I like you :) anyone I've talked to does frickin French!!
    Hopefully Journalism in DCU, but my top 3 are all in DCU so unless I really fück everything up I'm headed there

Oh thank you! :D My school is obviously the polar opposite to everywhere else, we had one honours French class, one pass French class, then three Honours German & two pass (I think!) Either way, lots of German around here :pac:
    After my first choice, I don't really mind at all, so it should be Trinity or DCU for me! Might see you there :)

[
    Oh thank you! :D My school is obviously the polar opposite to everywhere else, we had one honours French class, one pass French class, then three Honours German & two pass (I think!) Either way, lots of German around here :pac:
    After my first choice, I don't really mind at all, so it should be Trinity or DCU for me! Might see you there :)
    Awh!! Why didn't I go to your school, ours was slightly outweighed by French! Haha to be honest, I've had my heart set on journalism since TY, if I don't get it I will probably be gutted :( you never know, I might see you so :)

Haha i have that app too..its very good...i think i counted up what i was hoping to get on it a 100 different times and come up with different points each time :rolleyes:
    I know, I've ranged from 20 points under my course to 55 over it . . .

Awh!! Why didn't I go to your school, ours was slightly outweighed by French! Haha to be honest, I've had my heart set on journalism since TY, if I don't get it I will probably be gutted :( you never know, I might see you so :)

I swear, we have this one German teacher who magically convinces people to do German after fist year, & then you're stuck with it! :P I LOVE it though, I never got French! There's always a back-route at least ;) I had Journalism down, then decided to go for Law just to see what happens.. I could end up anywhere! :D

I swear, we have this one German teacher who magically convinces people to do German after fist year, & then you're stuck with it! :P I LOVE it though, I never got French! There's always a back-route at least ;) I had Journalism down, then decided to go for Law just to see what happens.. I could end up anywhere! :D
    Haha my German teacher loved me (cos I've a knack for languages so I was pretty good at it) and in first year I opted for both French and German . . . Two days later the principal told me I'd only gotten German . . . Sneaky woman!!! Seriously though, I don't regret it for a second, it's one of my best and I love it!!!

Haha I have all journalism-related courses down, bar one . . . Arts in Cork!!! (I don't even WANT it!!!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

I'm guessing your schools made you do a foreign language? :P My school only had 1 French and 1 German class. My French class only had 20 people in it, and the german only had 13, which out of a year of ~150 is really weird!

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    I'm guessing your schools made you do a foreign language? :P My school only had 1 French and 1 German class. My French class only had 20 people in it, and the german only had 13, which out of a year of ~150 is really weird!
    Ah no, we weren't made, it was optional like . . . Our year was tiny, there was only just over 70 of us . . . Of that, 20 of us did German and I think it was 24 in the French class

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81 ✭✭luciemc

I've gone from 1am to 5am!, then i rise at 10 am , but for some reason I don't feel tired, just spend the night watching films to pass the time.

6am has been my worst but it's never earlier than 3? Eugh... Never tired before that?

Oh Please August 17th hurry up!!

Oh Please August 17th hurry up!!
    Seconded!!!

I've been trying to think of ways to make the time pass more quickly.. Anyone any ideas? So far ive been sleeping late, reading and watching tv? I'm in the middle of nowhere in the west of Ireland with my family til results:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

luciemc wrote: »
    I've been trying to think of ways to make the time pass more quickly.. Anyone any ideas? So far ive been sleeping late, reading and watching tv? I'm in the middle of nowhere in the west of Ireland with my family til results:(

Watch Pretty Little Liars! I've watched the entire first series over the past 2 days :P It's so addictive :D

I've watched all the horror films possible, for the last week the descent and house of wax has more so kept me awake! But beyond that I'm unsure how to pass the time, I'm keeping well away from anything that involves just me and my thoughts, because at the moment my thoughts are the most dangerous thing to me!

Watch Pretty Little Liars! I've watched the entire first series over the past 2 days :P It's so addictive :D

Weird... I tried that but couldn't get past the second episode:( found it a lil bit over the top.. Then I looked up who A was online soo.. Not much point now?:P

Recommend anything else? I lovve house, 90210, and any comedy shows like mock the week, QI etc etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 itssnowing18

I agree :) its very good but i'm now up to date with america and it's the same with true blood.

I also have a suggestion for passing time : make a list of things to pack for college :D i've done this but i'm not sure if it made my lack of sleeping worse or not :o

Advertisement