Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Countdown to LC Results 2011

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Darius.Tr

Only four hours left :P. The longest day/night ever...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

Good luck everyone, ye'll all do great! And even if you don't get what you want, it's not the end up the world. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Rabbitandcavy

I'm walkin' on sunshine, woah! It's time to feel good! Hey, alright now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

AdamD wrote: »
    Didn't realise that men don't sleep

:D

Awks for you! :P

Aoifey! wrote: »
    Good luck everyone, ye'll all do great! And even if you don't get what you want, it's not the end up the world. :D

Thats what I keep hearing the whole summer...and it just makes it worse most of the time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

Darius.Tr wrote: »
    Thats what I keep hearing the whole summer...and it just makes it worse most of the time

Ah she only means well!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

Darius.Tr wrote: »
    Eh, sorry, but it is true. There are a tons of backways and second options if you don't get your first choice, some might take a bit more time but you'll get there eventually :)

Ah she only means well!

I know, everyone means well :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Noon_

Anyone waiting until 12? I want to know I'm not alone ;_;

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Junai_Dahma

Waiting til twelve too.... *gulps*

I think I'll die of anxiety before that, though....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Rabbitandcavy

That vodka really hit the spot

• Registered Users Posts: 37 LivingDaDream

not a hope of sleep, may as well bite the bullet and get up 3hours ten mins to kill ideas to prevent me from completely loosing my mind?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭kahf1_02

I'm waiting till noon. The Irish indo is out online, it's £1.85 (thats euro) I just skimed through it. It has this ridiculously massive leaving cert special, with all the stat's from this year.

In the meantime I'm gonna crack out a movie. Anyone else got the indo?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Think i'll have a few cans now to ease the nerves a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭smeal

kahf1_02 wrote: »
    I'm waiting till noon. The Irish indo is out online, it's £1.85 (thats euro) I just skimed through it. It has this ridiculously massive leaving cert special, with all the stat's from this year.

In the meantime I'm gonna crack out a movie. Anyone else got the indo?

The Irish Times online has some scary news in it:(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

smeal wrote: »
    The Irish Times online has some scary news in it:(

<shakes head>

Didn't I say the papers would be full of that sort of crap?

If you want to, please post results in this thread >>>>>> http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=73859766

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Ragdoll742

Irish times has nothing on it now that wasnt on last night...?

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭brian93

Ragdoll742 wrote: »
    Irish times has nothing on it now that wasnt on last night...?

It has statistics about the high-achievers and stuff like that, that were put online at about 6.30am. Not that it makes a difference :p ....90 more minutes!!

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Ragdoll742

brian93 wrote: »
    It has statistics about the high-achievers and stuff like that, that were put online at about 6.30am. Not that it makes a difference :p ....90 more minutes!!

Shows how much of a positive outlook I have. I was only looking for the words 'failure' and 'rate' :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

Unlike most of you I managed to sleep. ( For three or four hours). Better get it over with. I just hope this maths stuff goes ok. I won't say best of look, I'll just say I hope you all manage what you got well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

Adro947 wrote: »
    Unlike most of you I managed to sleep. ( For three or four hours). Better get it over with. I just hope this maths stuff goes ok. I won't say best of look, I'll just say I hope you all manage what you got well.

Same. I dropped off when my eye twitched! Im getting goosbumps and Fleetwood Mac is blaring there on 2fm! Just ate youghart and feel like vomiting. Noice!!!!

Good luck all of ye :) *drinks whiskey*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

81% of people doing higher got As, Bs and Cs! :D

PLEASE, SUPERMAN, IF YOURE UP THERE, LET ME BE THAT 81% :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭flyaway.

Got a few hours sleep in the end. I'm now trying to wake up properly! Mine aren't being handed out until 9:3O and that's a long enough wait for me. Cannot imagine waiting until twelve. Ugh, I feel seriously sick and nervous now.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭mpdg

Woke up in a panic just there....got about an hour or an hour and a half sleep.

The sun is bright today folks, let's do this thing!

I'm waiting for the online thing as well. I have a notification set up that if the page changes, it lets me know. Or something. Oh God. Why did I click onto the newspapers.

This will all be over soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Just woke up got a few hours sleep .

ah this makes me scared about maths now :(.http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0817/education.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Aah I'm so nervous. :o Just little under an hour now.. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭mpdg

Just woke up got a few hours sleep .

ah this makes me scared about maths now :(.http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0817/education.html
    Dude, to be honest, I wouldn't go down the road of reading the articles. I saw the headlines - that was enough of a fright!
    Don't you remember that stuff from the results last year? And how what they've written today is interestingly similar content to what they published then? It's all minor, decimal-place changes which have no bearing on you and your results.

But you knew all that anyway. You just need to stop yourself from freaking - you're almost there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 anontastic

just to let you know, the online results are usually up alot earlier than 12! Last year, i logged in at around 9 to make sure i had the right password, and got my results there and then!! I think they say 12 to avoid the site crashing?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

What time is everyone going down to their school? I might go at 9 I don't really want to go.

• Advertisement

Good morning :) I managed to get about 2 hours of sleep, but there's still 1 hour left till my school opens...

Advertisement