Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Countdown to LC Results 2011

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 paramorelover

nommm wrote: »
    515 :) Delighted.

590 :eek: Well Done!!!
    Thanks, well done yourself! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Faunge

515 aswel:D delighted

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭smeal

got 465!!:D:D

A1 in English. (shocked. i constantly got D's throughout the year)
    A2 in Art (very shocked, especially after that art history paper)
    B3 in Pass Maths (sooo suprised considering i failed it in the pre)
    B3 in Geography (might get rechecked because i got a B1 in the pre)
    C2 in French (defo getting remarked)
    C1 in History (think i deserved a B2)

But all in all chuffed:D:D think I have law for Jordanstown, if UCD comes down 15 points then i'll get it but I think I defo have DCU which im happy about because DCU is so so nice:D:D congrats to everyone!!xoxo

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭conlufc

irish (o) c3
    English(o) b2
    Maths (h) D2- Delighted with passing this after gettin a Ng in the mocks:D
    German (o) C1
    Construction (h) C1
    Economics (H) D1
    LCVP-Merit
    DCG (H) B2

happy out now, although i will probably get economics rechecked.
    Tonight will be epic btw:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

400 right on the dot.

Arts in NUIM here I come.

B2 in OL Maths
    B3 in HL English
    A1 in HL History
    C3 in HL Geography
    C2 in HL Art
    D2 in HL Biology

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭aoife_bennett

smeal wrote: »
    got 465!!:D:D

A1 in English. (shocked. i constantly got D's throughout the year)
    A2 in Art (very shocked, especially after that art history paper)
    B3 in Pass Maths (sooo suprised considering i failed it in the pre)
    B3 in Geography (might get rechecked because i got a B1 in the pre)
    C2 in French (defo getting remarked)
    C1 in History (think i deserved a B2)

But all in all chuffed:D:D think I have law for Jordanstown, if UCD comes down 15 points then i'll get it but I think I defo have DCU which im happy about because DCU is so so nice:D:D congrats to everyone!!xoxo

OMG congrats that's amazing!! DCU here we come so?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

425 baby!

Irish (O) - B2
    English (O) - A1
    Maths (O) - A1
    Biology (H) - A2
    Chemistry (H) - B2
    Construction studies (H) - B2
    French (H) - C2

And not a single hour of study was done during the exams, I just went home and played on the xbox all day!

Games Dev. in Sligo, here I come!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭C__MC

Gutted :(:(

OMG congrats that's amazing!! DCU here we come so?

Defo Aoife!! did you get what you want my love??:)

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭brian93

555 :D Maynooth here I come!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

Well done everyone! :D Enjoy it while you can. Some fantastic results here.

To those that are disappointed, it's not the end of the world. There are plenty of options. You won't want to think about it right away, but I repeated last year and if you put in a bit of work it's definitely worth it. Don't stress out about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

How did people do in History?
    I got a D1. I thought I'd get a C1 though.... Way below what I thought ?

Def appealing it I think.
    Was history an issue for many today as in marked harshly? Iit was a bad exam for me but I didnt think it was D worthy :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

gutted, didnt do too bad, but below target by alot

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Lexii307

LC2010HIS wrote: »

Was history an issue for many today as in marked harshly? Iit was a bad exam for me but I didnt think it was D worthy :confused:

I was shocked by history, in a good way. I could only properly do the American History essay and the case study and i got a C3. I was sure i failed!!!

Raging with history. I got a C1 and was honestly expecting a B2/B1. My entire project was primary sources and I think I did good in the Irish and European sections of the paper too! definitely getting a recheck aswell!

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Manc Red

I was sure I failed History (HL) but I got a C2. Could not believe it.

Oh also, did anyone feel they put an awful lot of work into french and thought the paper was ok too? Got a C2 when I was expecting atleast a B

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭BazDel

Raging with history. I got a C1 and was honestly expecting a B2/B1. My entire project was primary sources and I think I did good in the Irish and European sections of the paper too! definitely getting a recheck aswell!

I got a B3 :(. Down from a B1 in the Pres. I was hoping for something more as History is the one subject I wanted to do well in, but I wasn't sure about the exam. Not sure if I'll view the scripts though because I have the points I need and it seems like a lot of hassle to get my teacher to look.

BazDel wrote: »
    I got a B3 :(. Down from a B1 in the Pres. I was hoping for something more as History is the one subject I wanted to do well in, but I wasn't sure about the exam. Not sure if I'll view the scripts though because I have the points I need and it seems like a lot of hassle to get my teacher to look.

Yeah I feel that the only part of that exam that I kinda of messed up on was the Document Q 'cos i left it until the last minute! I'm 15 points short of my first CAO choice but I would honestly be delighted with my 2nd and 3rd choice either so I'm ok:) Also got enough for belfast yaaayyy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭C__MC

Narrowly missed out on what I wanted. Anyone else the same, i feel like the only one in the country who is dissapointed!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

I was very surprised...in a good way tbh. I thought I got a C1/B3...and I got an A2.
    Manc Red wrote: »
    I was sure I failed History (HL) but I got a C2. Could not believe it.

Yeah a couple of people said the same to me.

I'm reasonably happy overall...the strange thing is the 2 subjects I thought I'd get As in were French and Irish and I only got a B1 in them...I'm going to view them anyway, doubt I'll appeal though.

I got 535 :)

A1 in English and Accounting (shock! :eek:)

BazDel wrote: »

Sure, I got a A2 in the pre and a friggin D1 today!?!!

Disgrace of an exam. Whoever made that exam better be ashamed....
    The pre was a false sense of security.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

English H - A1
    Irish H - C1
    Maths O - B1
    Biology H - B3
    French H - C1
    Construction Studies H - B2
    DCG H - B2
    Music H - B1
    LCVP - fuuuck that shiiit (Pass)

490 points. I'm, how would you put it, sufficiently satisfied. I'm well in for my course and I'm not disappointed, but I just feel Music and DCG should have had just a grade up, DCG in particular. I was sure I'd get an A in it, don't know where is went wrong. No point appealing it when I've pretty much got my course though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Oh also, did anyone feel they put an awful lot of work into french and thought the paper was ok too? Got a C2 when I was expecting atleast a B

Well I didn't put in that much work tbh but I was fairly confident of my French and thought the paper was grand. I was expecting at least an A2, if not an A1 but I only got a B1.

Maybe my oral brought me down.

Cydoniac wrote: »
    English H - A1
    Irish H - C1
    Maths O - B1
    Biology H - B3
    French H - C1
    Construction Studies H - B2
    DCG H - B2
    Music H - B1
    LCVP - fuuuck that shiiit (Pass)

490 points. I'm, how would you put it, sufficiently satisfied. I'm well in for my course and I'm not disappointed, but I just feel Music and DCG should have had just a grade up, DCG in particular. I was sure I'd get an A in it, don't know where is went wrong. No point appealing it when I've pretty much got my course though.

Excellent results. Congrats :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭ak4

right everyone... postmortems can wait to tomorrow because today/tonight is for partying woop :)

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭GoldRush4821

I got 560 and was delighted, but doesn't it seem like some papers were marked too easy?
    I got an A2 in Irish and an A1 in Geography and I can tell you that my Irish at least wasn't up to that standard... Then the subjects you think you did well in (my case Biology and History) end up being worse...

I'm certainly not complaining, but you've gotta wonder just how accurate some of the marking is...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

I got 560 and was delighted, but doesn't it seem like some papers were marked too easy?
    I got an A2 in Irish and an A1 in Geography and I can tell you that my Irish at least wasn't up to that standard... Then the subjects you think you did well in (my case Biology and History) end up being worse...

I'm certainly not complaining, but you've gotta wonder just how accurate some of the marking is...
    I got the same feeling...

I hated the Hamlet and Cultural Context question but got an A1 in English.
    I did an excellent Engineering project and thought I did very well on the Theory exam but got an A2 (Despite getting 98% in my mock :()
    I got an A1 in my Business mock despite teaching myself the subject without any outside assistance and having attempted (But failed ;)) to cheat by focusing on the wrong mock paper but got a B2 in the actual exam.

One nice surprise offset by two nasty hard-hitting surprises.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭gruffler91

I got the same feeling...

I hated the Hamlet and Cultural Context question but got an A1 in English.
    I did an excellent Engineering project and thought I did very well on the Theory exam but got an A2 (Despite getting 98% in my mock :()
    I got an A1 in my Business mock despite teaching myself the subject without any outside assistance and having attempted (But failed ;)) to cheat by focusing on the wrong mock paper but got a B2 in the actual exam.

One nice surprise offset by two nasty hard-hitting surprises.

I can relate with everything you say about english and I also got an A1 :confused:

Same result as you in business and expected it to be higher, there seems to be a lot of B2s floating around for business.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Stayed on exactly the same grades as from the mocks in everything but maths, got 405 points with a Shiite d3 as opposed to my mocktacular b1. Not surprised, or disappointed tbh. Repeating ahoy.

Advertisement