Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Countdown to LC Results 2011

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 674 ✭✭✭karkar athlete

mockshelp wrote: »
    I feel sorry for one girl in my school she got a D1 in Irish and she needed a C3 for primary teaching! I think she should have put "I need primary teaching" on her exam and may then have got the C3. Hopefully she'll get upgraded with the recheck or else she's stumped!

that is my prediciment completely fu**ing D1 after a C2 in the mocks so annoyed :mad:, gonna view the paper anyway and after that I will see, but does anyone know if they put the percentage on the script or is it just the total marks for that paper??? Plus that I added up my points and I am short on them too!!! But I am not too happy about some of the results, sure I'll view them all and see. :confused:

pajero12 wrote: »
    495 Gutted is not the word

No celebrating tonight for me. :( Got 425 myself, but sure, appealing is the only thing I can do meself.
    C__MC wrote: »
    Gutted

Same as above.
    Sunny!! wrote: »
    gutted, didnt do too bad, but below target by alot

40 below the minimum in Frobel and Marino last year, but suppose with no C3 it dosent help either.... :(
    C__MC wrote: »
    Narrowly missed out on what I wanted. Anyone else the same, i feel like the only one in the country who is dissapointed!!

No your not the only one, a few from my school are the same. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Cill Dara Abu

Anyone get 600?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭stealinhorses

550 - very happy :).

A few surprises here and there, namely an A1 in German, and a worse than expected result in Chemistry, but I'm satisfied with my overall performance :).

Ten points away from an academic scholarship though >.<

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ruadhan

Anyone get 600?

Yeah I did.. Was ridiculously surprised when I opened the envelope but I got all 8 A1's!! Nearly died and started crying and stuff, never expected it! Did Irish English maths accounting physics economics French Japanese.

Sooooooooo happpppy! Well done every else!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Got 525 - incredibly happy!
    I'm fecking off to Germany in a few days (got A1 somehow in German,I owe my exchange a bloody good present :D ), so good luck with CAO everybody,and well done to you all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

:D

All that time wasted worrying...I did much better than I thought I would.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

gruffler91 wrote: »
    I can relate with everything you say about english and I also got an A1 :confused:

Same result as you in business and expected it to be higher, there seems to be a lot of B2s floating around for business.
    If you chose the "Revenge/Justice" question it was the wrong option no-one got within an ass's roar of full marks: the "Claudius - Villian with redeemable qualities" was much easier - I'd guess if you got an A1 you chose the latter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

born2bwild wrote: »
    If you chose the "Revenge/Justice" question it was the wrong option no-one got within an ass's roar of full marks: the "Claudius - Villian with redeemable qualities" was much easier - I'd guess if you got an A1 you chose the latter.
    I chose the Revenge/Justice question and got an A1...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭begsy

can i ask are there many people going for the course TV Radio and New Media Broadcasting in the IT in Tralee (370 points).. I got 415 in my results and am a bit bitter as some results were dissapointing.. There are only twenty places in the course so not sure if i will be guaranteed a spot? :(:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

begsy wrote: »
    can i ask are there many people going for the course TV Radio and New Media Broadcasting in the IT in Tralee (370 points).. I got 415 in my results and am a bit bitter as some results were dissapointing.. There are only twenty places in the course so not sure if i will be guaranteed a spot? :(:(

You got 415 chillax. Thats a nice bit over last years.

Doylers wrote: »
    You got 415 chillax. Thats a nice bit over last years.

Do you think i'll get a place so?? I suppose i'm only stressing because i was fairly sickened with some of my results.. Thanks though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

Do you think i'll get a place so?? I suppose i'm only stressing because i was fairly sickened with some of my results.. Thanks though :)

Yep I would put money on you getting a place. Ah don't be 415 great.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭sligo.

i got 445, was delighted!! :D did no study until the last week before the exams :p and i only needed 2 HC3s and 4Ds, well happy!!! hope the majority are pleased with their results :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭LittleMissLost

I got 535. Am absoloutly amazed, shocked and delighted. Can not believe it. Not one word of a lie I wanted 450.

My vice principal and I went to a room where I opened them. We both cried and she gave me a big hug :') I've been through so much **** at home over the past 3 years and it was just such a releif and surprise to have something good to happen for once. Happy moment :')

Now, less of the sentamental stuff, lets get on the beer! :D

Doylers wrote: »
    Yep I would put money on you getting a place. Ah don't be 415 great.

Thank you... :) You made me smile.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭NSNO

Absolutely thrilled with my result (535). Couldn't be happier right now.

English - A1
    History - A1
    Business - A2
    Maths - B1
    French - B2
    Physics - B2
    Irish (O) - A2

Incredibly surprised with my A1 in English. Never in a million years did I think my composition was that good.

Did anyone feel english was marked badly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭flyaway.

I got 370. It's not really great compared to everyone on here but I am seriously delighted. I have had a tough two years and I really am happy and proud of my results. :D Think I might get English rechecked. I was expecting an A2 at least and got a B3.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭sligo.

yes english was quite crap i thought too!! i got a C3 in the mocks because i did nothing at all beforehand, didn't answer Hamlet or comparative!!! and then today i got a C1, and i was like come on?? what about a B :p because i was ready for english and felt confident about it! then my friend got a C1 and i was like what? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭LittleMissLost

I agree on English, that will definitely be a recheck. Got A's in everything but a B3 in English. Thought I'd get worse in everything else but thought I'd get a B1 in English :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,666 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

English ruined my results page lol would have been BBBBBBB

Instead its: BBBBBBC

was a C1 too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭not_so_civil

545 so happy! out tonight now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭brownlad

Did anyone feel english was marked badly?

i thought the same i got an a2 was aimimg for the a1 ..but overall im happy 560

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

ruadhan wrote: »
    Yeah I did.. Was ridiculously surprised when I opened the envelope but I got all 8 A1's!! Nearly died and started crying and stuff, never expected it! Did Irish English maths accounting physics economics French Japanese.

Sooooooooo happpppy! Well done every else!

Well done!!!!! That is unbelievable.
    born2bwild wrote: »

Not sure about that...how can you know?

So did I...

NSNO wrote: »
    Absolutely thrilled with my result (535). Couldn't be happier right now.

English - A1
    History - A1
    Business - A2
    Maths - B1
    French - B2
    Physics - B2
    Irish (O) - A2

Incredibly surprised with my A1 in English. Never in a million years did I think my composition was that good.

535 buddies!! :p well done on the A1 in history btw, I got the highest in our school at A2.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Wonderstruck

I got a B1 in English and was very pissed, but I did one of the Whistle in the Dark questions (the cult of violence one or something like that) so have no idea how any of those questions went in the scheme of everyone else. :confused:

Oh well, the teacher gave us the option of Whistle (single text) and Hamlet (comparative) or Hamlet (single text) and Circle of Friends (comparative) and there was no way I was doing that tripe for my LC. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭okiss

To C_mc,
    I sure you did a good lc even though you may not have got the course you want. At the moment things don't appear to be great. The course you wanted may have fallen in points as happened for one person I knew a few years ago. You could go the cert, diploma then degree route.
    I did my leaving cert over 20 years ago and met people 10 years plus later who did the leaving with me. The ones who did not get all a and b were often doing better than the people who got all a's.
    One of my friends wanted nursing but did not get it in Ireland. She went to the uk, qualified as a nurse, did further course in cancer nursing then came back to Ireland. She did her degree when working full time and then did a further post grad course. Her leaving results were not as good as other people I know but she worked hard and long term did far better than many so called a' students.
    Research what course your are offered and only do it if you are interested in working in that area. Don't do a course because your parents want you to do it. You will only do well in a course that you are interested in because you will work hard. Good Luck.
    Congrats to all who passed the Lc today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 smarist

can somebody please tell me did i pass?
    my lowest result is D2 in maths, rest is fine.

what grade do you need to pass? i heard its 40% not 50%?? wtf??
    <so annoyed>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

smarist wrote: »

<so annoyed>

38% in HL, we confirmed it after not believing our maths teacher for 2 years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

smarist wrote: »

<so annoyed>
    Did you pass what? Considering that your lowest grade is a D2, I can safely guarantee you that you've passed whatever you're thinking of whether it's your overall LC or a particular subject.

Advertisement