Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Countdown to LC Results 2011

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 smarist

did i pass maths of course.
    im completely sure i passed all of my other subjects im just wondering is d2 a grade that makes me pass maths (ordinary)

d2 is 45<50% so i got at most 49.9%

on the page it says U = GANRATH UNSUCCESSFUL 0%<50%

can some1 tell me did i pass my ordinary maths with a d2?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

smarist wrote: »
    did i pass maths of course.
    im completely sure i passed all of my other subjects im just wondering is d2 a grade that makes me pass maths (ordinary)

d2 is 45<50% so i got at most 49.9%

on the page it says U = GANRATH UNSUCCESSFUL 0%<50%

can some1 tell me did i pass my ordinary maths with a d2?
    You did. Anything below an E is a fail. You got a D2 hence have passed. The "U = Unsuccessful" part is for LCVP.

WOW HOW FREAKING AWESOME THAT IS :DDDDDDD
    u 100% sure of that?? :D

cannot believe it, maths is my Achilles' heel!!!!
    i was sure i failed it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

cannot believe it, maths is my Achilles' heel!!!!
    i was sure i failed it!
    100% certain.

holy !@#$

that means i have the minimum entry requirements for my dream course
    how awesome

i hope ill get in - ill be in heaven!!
    that is the best thing that happened to me this year probably :D

thanks so much for you have cheered me up so much now !!!
    best regards!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

100% certain.
    Me too! :)

Actually, a D2 is not even a borderline pass!

Best of luck with getting your course now! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

What are ye all doin' at home on this?? :confused:
    Go out and get mashed!!! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Mayo_Boy wrote: »
    What are ye all doin' at home on this?? :confused:
    Go out and get mashed!!! :pac:
    /holds up mirror :p

Actually, it's gone pretty quiet now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭flyaway.

I was wrecked and decided I'd much rather stay home and read. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 yellowbelly16

flyaway. wrote: »
    I was wrecked and decided I'd much rather stay home and read. :o

Yeah me too, got two hours sleep last night way too tired. Kinda wanted to avoid the ramblings of everyone's points and judgement. Maybe I'm just getting old.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

I was out and had a good enough time for most of the night. Then there was an 18th on. Thus a lot of people who usually wouldn't pay to get into a nightclub were on the street, drunk and agressive. Nearly ruined the night tbh... Needless to say I took the gf to a calmer part of town swiftly ! Wasn't really in the mood to get wasted, just had a couple of pints and a bit of banter with friends :)

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Ragdoll742

Just in now, had my healthy fill of assorted alcohols :P

Got an A1 in English and an A2 in History, both higher. Was completely shocked :L Didn't expect either of them! :) Cleared my course by about 50 points, so all is well and good :) Hope you all were pleased.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭LittleMissLost

I'm just back from out in Carrick on Shannon & Christ you really do see peoples (or "friends") true colours on a night like this :mad:

Apart from the haters it was preeetttty mint :D loooooaaaaaaaaaded.com

535 man. I'm bloody over the cheeeeesy moooooon :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭B_Fanatic

Ugh. Hungover like never before. Regardning the results that was probably the strangest outcome ever. I was expecting to get all 'Bs' for french, economics and english etc but I only got C1s.... However, I was expecting to get 'Ds'/'Cs' in physics and maths and I did incredibly well instead. Anyway I'm 35 points over the course I need (Science at 435) but I have a massive fear it will rise dramatically again, so I'm confident, but I wouldn't be surprised if I ended up in Galway instead... And I probably wouldn't be disappointed either! :)

I'm pretty sure this post was just for me to communicate to myself how I'm feeling right now, and it seems to have worked!

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Bloc Party!

Happy with what i got..went up 70 points from last year...bit dissapointed with business however..got a b3 in the mocks and i tought i did better in the real thing and i came out with a c1

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭joshrogan

Happy with what i got..went up 70 points from last year...bit dissapointed with business however..got a b3 in the mocks and i tought i did better in the real thing and i came out with a c1
    Yea I got a B2 in the mocks and a C2 in the real thing :/.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

I got the highest Physics grade in my class! :D In class tests and stuff I used get average grades but hearing I got the highest made me sooo happy! :D

/brag

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭amortentia

I'm just back from out in Carrick on Shannon & Christ you really do see peoples (or "friends") true colours on a night like this :mad:

Apart from the haters it was preeetttty mint :D loooooaaaaaaaaaded.com

535 man. I'm bloody over the cheeeeesy moooooon :D:D:D:D

I was in Carrick too :) what club were you in? A load of us got a bus up from Roscommon. Luckily there was no drama with us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭._.

So when will the new points list for this year be up? Monday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

._. wrote: »
    So when will the new points list for this year be up? Monday?

November, possibly. High points courses will fill up quicker, though, and they'll have the points for those up sooner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Violafy

Extremely happy, as I got what I needed for UCAS offer! :D Really didn't think I would. I embarrassed myself by crying as I went to take the envelope from my principal :rolleyes: , and cried even more when I opened it. :D GOT AN A1 IN ENGLISH :D - I'm absolutely ecstatic about that! A1 in OL Maths as well, and A2 in everything else apart from B3 in Biology -exam went badly, but I might appeal that anyway after viewing. The fact that I managed an A in Irish is just hilarious - wtf? :p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭electrictrad

Must say I'm happy, considering the amount of time I spent on boards in and around the exam. .. 590pts, A1's in all 4 maths subjects, and UCD med secure. . .thanks to all the people here and in school who made me feel sane during it. . .

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭electrictrad

Cydoniac wrote: »
    . . . I just feel Music and DCG should have had just a grade up, DCG in particular

Coincidence much, but I'm pissed with music A2 after 2 years where it was the one subject I could rely on for an a1. . .and a friend of mine is in the same boat with DCG. . .gettem checked Cydoniac. ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭RHunce

I got the highest Physics grade in my class! :D In class tests and stuff I used get average grades but hearing I got the highest made me sooo happy! :D

/brag

Well done :D

Highest grade in my year in DCG, only A1.

/brag

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Digits

RHunce wrote: »
    Well done :D

Highest grade in my year in DCG, only A1.

/brag

Highest maths result in the year. A1

/brag :pac::D

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭daniels.ducks

Cydoniac wrote: »
    English H - A1
    Irish H - C1
    Maths O - B1
    Biology H - B3
    French H - C1
    Construction Studies H - B2
    DCG H - B2
    Music H - B1
    LCVP - fuuuck that shiiit (Pass)

490 points. I'm, how would you put it, sufficiently satisfied. I'm well in for my course and I'm not disappointed, but I just feel Music and DCG should have had just a grade up, DCG in particular. I was sure I'd get an A in it, don't know where is went wrong. No point appealing it when I've pretty much got my course though.

Hopefully i'll be with you. Got 460. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Bubbly2

smeal wrote: »
    got 465!!:D:D

A1 in English. (shocked. i constantly got D's throughout the year)
    A2 in Art (very shocked, especially after that art history paper)
    B3 in Pass Maths (sooo suprised considering i failed it in the pre)
    B3 in Geography (might get rechecked because i got a B1 in the pre)
    C2 in French (defo getting remarked)
    C1 in History (think i deserved a B2)

But all in all chuffed:D:D think I have law for Jordanstown, if UCD comes down 15 points then i'll get it but I think I defo have DCU which im happy about because DCU is so so nice:D:D congrats to everyone!!xoxo

Is is just me or was English marked all over the place this year, seems on here, people that normally didn't do well in english got A's and people who were expecting good grades in it got C's etc.... my daughter got 2 A's, 2B1's, 1B2, (all honour subjects) and A1 in Pass maths but only got C2 in higher English and she is gutted, everything she wanted came up on the paper, even the type of question she wanted in the comparative and poem, even the unseen part "Let the Great World Spin", she was actually reading the book at the time, doesn't seem to add up, now unless she took a question out of context, but defo getting re-checked, she is 5 points short for her course going on last years points...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

Bubbly2 wrote: »
    Is is just me or was English marked all over the place this year, seems on here, people that normally didn't do well in english got A's and people who were expecting good grades in it got C's etc.... my daughter got 2 A's, 2B1's, 1B2, (all honour subjects) and A1 in Pass maths but only got C2 in higher English and she is gutted, everything she wanted came up on the paper, even the type of question she wanted in the comparative and poem, even the unseen part "Let the Great World Spin", she was actually reading the book at the time, doesn't seem to add up, now unless she took a question out of context, but defo getting re-checked, she is 5 points short for her course going on last years points...

English was a total joke in my school the only A1 got 48 in the mocks never even gotten close to a b before another a2 didnt even have english as their first language...And the 3 people who did get A's in their mocks all got either Cs or low Bs...It doesn't make any sense

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Bubbly2

Yea, there doesn't seem to be any consistency at all with the English results, she got an A2 in the Mocks and then drop to a C2, even her Chemistry teacher was shocked when she saw her results in Eng (A2 in Chem) all A's and B's and then the C2 sticking out like a sore thumb, she even told her to get rechecked, sickening thing about it is though, she wants Speech and Language Therapy - 5 points short at mo (could change Monday) but if she gets upgraded in Eng and gets the points for it, she will have to wait until next year to do it,as that is one of the courses with few places......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭begsy

Bubbly2 wrote: »

English was definitley marked all over the place.. In my school a girl who always gets A'S AND B's got a D3 :0. To be hoest I was extremely gutted myself as I was expecting an A2 OR B1 and only got a C3 :(.. I will be rechecking this as well as home ec another subject i will be rechecking.

Advertisement