Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Countdown to LC Results 2011

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Killian1993

Also since this seems like a nice crowd here, if anyone would like to chat with me more I'd more then welcome you to add me on facebook, - killian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

luciemc wrote: »
    Weird... I tried that but couldn't get past the second episode:( found it a lil bit over the top.. Then I looked up who A was online soo.. Not much point now?:P

Recommend anything else? I lovve house, 90210, and any comedy shows like mock the week, QI etc etc

OMG I thought A. doesn't get revealed :confused: It doesn't look like s/he's gonna be revealed anyway. I've 10 episodes left to be caught up to America, so I'll find out tonight.. :P

Amm Fringe? Or Parenthood. :D
    I agree :) its very good but i'm now up to date with america and it's the same with true blood.

I also have a suggestion for passing time : make a list of things to pack for college :D i've done this but i'm not sure if it made my lack of sleeping worse or not :o

Omg I can't wait to catch up with it. :') I'm so excited, 10 episodes left! Also watch The Vampire Diaries if you like True Blood, it's soo much better!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81 ✭✭luciemc

I agree :) its very good but i'm now up to date with america and it's the same with true blood.

I also have a suggestion for passing time : make a list of things to pack for college :D i've done this but i'm not sure if it made my lack of sleeping worse or not :o

Can't, if I get my first choice il be moving away, other than that I won't... So if I make a list and then don't get my first choice il be horribly depressed!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 itssnowing18

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    Omg I can't wait to catch up with it. :') I'm so excited, 10 episodes left! Also watch The Vampire Diaries if you like True Blood, it's soo much better!

OMG i love vampire diaries :D definitly much better but there on hols at the moment :( i've also read the books which are also better than true blood (just incase anyone is looking for a good series to read) :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81 ✭✭luciemc

Okok il be busy watching all these tonight so, never seen vampire diaries or any of them!

• Advertisement

OMG i love vampire diaries :D definitly much better but there on hols at the moment :( i've also read the books which are also better than true blood (just incase anyone is looking for a good series to read) :p

Wow our tv show taste is so similar. :P I'll check what's in my favourites tabs.. One Tree Hill? Parenthood, The Nine Lives Of Chloe King and Hellcats. :D

Oh i regret not picking my exact same course for my second choice in Mayo, i completely regret it because it is a good deal of 20 points less! unfortunately my parents only want me to study in dublin and since they're paying the fees..i must study in Dublin then.

Can't, if I get my first choice il be moving away, other than that I won't... So if I make a list and then don't get my first choice il be horribly depressed!

Oh i suppose... yes best not to then :rolleyes:

Okok il be busy watching all these tonight so, never seen vampire diaries or any of them!

oh there all very good :D you have been well advised:)

Wow our tv show taste is so similar. :P I'll check what's in my favourites tabs.. One Tree Hill? Parenthood, The Nine Lives Of Chloe King and Hellcats. :D

Parenthood nd hellcats both good :D now one tree hill is just something i never caught onto :o i've heard of chloe king but never seen it...
    i also watch gossip girl :) and plan to start watching beaver falls... the adds look good :D

• Advertisement

Parenthood nd hellcats both good :D now one tree hill is just something i never caught onto :o i've heard of chloe king but never seen it...
    i also watch gossip girl :) and plan to start watching beaver falls... the adds look good :D

Chloe King's grand.. nothing exceptional though. :P Jersey Shore is back also \o/ :D:D

Ah I tried to get into GG, but I couldn't :/

Chloe King's grand.. nothing exceptional though. :P Jersey Shore is back also \o/ :D:D

Ah I tried to get into GG, but I couldn't :/

oh lord not jesey shore i think dat is awful although i did happen to watch an episode nd i wud say its a guilty plessure bt id never watch it online :p

p.s. where u wana go 2 college?

oh lord not jesey shore i think dat is awful although i did happen to watch an episode nd i wud say its a guilty plessure bt id never watch it online :p

p.s. where u wana go 2 college?

It's a great show for just chillaxing to. :P It's not exactly a mind-thrilling show though! haha

Ah I've a bit of everywhere down. UCC for Occupational Therapy first but I doubt I'd get it, so I'd say I'll end up in either Trinity or Maynooth. You? :)

It's a great show for just chillaxing to. :P It's not exactly a mind-thrilling show though! haha

Ah I've a bit of everywhere down. UCC for Occupational Therapy first but I doubt I'd get it, so I'd say I'll end up in either Trinity or Maynooth. You? :)

no mind-thrillin shouldn't even b in da same sentence... :p
    hopefully DCU, Maynooth or DIT all Media :D i have to be in dublin :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭aoife_bennett

I've been trying to think of ways to make the time pass more quickly.. Anyone any ideas? So far ive been sleeping late, reading and watching tv? I'm in the middle of nowhere in the west of Ireland with my family til results:(
    A bit of How I Met Your Mother never hurt anyone?

PS: Mock The Week? QI? You sound like my kinda man/woman/delete as applicable

I'm dreading the night before the results, that will be a completely sleepless night! At the moment it's just drifting in and out of sleep, no full insomnia yet!
    What course are you going for?

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭not_so_civil

I've been trying to think of ways to make the time pass more quickly.. Anyone any ideas? So far ive been sleeping late, reading and watching tv? I'm in the middle of nowhere in the west of Ireland with my family til results:(

I'm pretty much the same, so far i've re-read all the harry potters 9and everything else on my bookshelf), done 3 HP marathons and watched every episode of pokemon online!!! That's a lot of time wasting on top of painting and cleaning and all that jazz, and I still have too much time left :(

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Bloc Party!

A bit of How I Met Your Mother never hurt anyone?

PS: Mock The Week? QI? You sound like my kinda man/woman/delete as applicable

The big bang theory is brilliant also! dont watch piranha its horrid poo! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Haha I have all journalism-related courses down, bar one . . . Arts in Cork!!! (I don't even WANT it!!!)

Nothing wrong with Cork..that's what I'll probably be doing!

Weird... I tried that but couldn't get past the second episode:( found it a lil bit over the top.. Then I looked up who A was online soo.. Not much point now?:P

Recommend anything else? I lovve house, 90210, and any comedy shows like mock the week, QI etc etc

Game of Thrones! It's savage!!:D

_meehan_ wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with Cork..that's what I'll probably be doing!
    I'm not saying that, it's just that it's my 'last chance saloon' option! I don't particularly want it, but if I don't get the points I need it's there for me

• Advertisement

I'm not saying that, it's just that it's my 'last chance saloon' option! I don't particularly want it, but if I don't get the points I need it's there for me

I get what you mean, it's my back-up too but it's one I'll probably have to use! It's a good course though if you somehow ended up with it.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭begsy

omg i thought i was the only one stressing bout the results.. I havent had a proper nights sleep since my orals began in april :-(.. god only knows what i'll be like the night before... thinking i failed pass maths..(we had project maths in our school) it was a joke of a paper... soooooooo hard.. but i think i'm more stressed because i'm worried that even if i do get the points i might not get offered a place as my first choice only offers 20 places... i can't get away from it.. it's pretty much like a bomb ticking away waiting to blow.. everyone at my workplace is going on about it and am having nightmarish dreams... sorry for ranting there ha... best of luck to ye all.... hope ye alll get what ye wants ..:)

What course are you going for?

Hey Aoife, I'm going for BioMedical sciecne in DIT, It was for several years at 375 CAO points and last year shot up to 420! Unfortunately in the leaving i had several papers that were worse then expected so I'm hoping for 440 but then i think hmm maybe i did worse here then thought. For example I'll predict on a paper that i got 72% so i'll assume then that i should get a C1, but say i don't and this happens with all my exams! omg i'd be screwed then! oh the stress!!!! Also good luck with your results and i hope you get your course in journalism!

The thought that all our papers must be corrected now and waiting for us, frightens me! I suppose there really isn't much point in estimating our results now as we've forgotten what we've put down on our papers (fortunately) and the time is so near, only 11 days nearly. But what keeps entering my mind is will i get that no.1 course i wanted? i'm sure everybody is in the same position and just out of curiosity what will you do if you don't get your first choice? will you recheck papers or repeat? repeating is for me not the most attractive as i have to take up a new subject and get a greater score on the same papers.

begsy wrote: »
    omg i thought i was the only one stressing bout the results.. I havent had a proper nights sleep since my orals began in april :-(..
    Yes, I'm not the only one!!! You are so not alone on that one!

what will you do if you don't get your first choice? will you recheck papers or repeat? .

I couldn't repeat, all the new courses would just be too much work!! and 7 years in school is just too long. As long as i get something in my top 5 i should be happy, they're all good courses. but touch wood i'll get no. 1:cool:

I couldn't repeat, all the new courses would just be too much work!! and 7 years in school is just too long. As long as i get something in my top 5 i should be happy, they're all good courses. but touch wood i'll get no. 1:cool:

I wonder do most people get their first choice? must check out the statistics

I wonder do most people get their first choice? must check out the statistics

Lemme know what you find out, very few people i know got theirs last year,, but most of them got no. 2 instead or went to scotland. Not that many repeated either (but this is just from my school, can't speak nationwide)

I'm fairly certain I'll be getting my 4th choice, since my first three have the same points.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Darius.Tr

I dont even know how many points I'm going to need for my first choise...As the course starts from this september,hopefully the points wont be too high...

Advertisement