Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Countdown to LC Results 2011

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭Iceboy

Please god let me have passed maths

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭msbrightside

Iceboy wrote: »

Same, that is the most thing I'm worried about! Em, yeah I think I've just kind of accepted now that I'm just going to have to be happy with what I get but I'm sure the night before I'll be nervous and I'll be saying to myself "WHY DIDN'T I STUDY MORE!" :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Ashxoxo

Absolutely dreading the results :O I have a feeling that I mightnt have passed english :/ Not good...... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 ItsMeSarah94

Iceboy wrote: »

yea same....Maths and History are the only 2 exams that im dreading!! :confused: but lately the results are all i can think off!! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

Maths is the one thing I know have passed, and got maybe 80%. I find Maths to be a good subject just for the simple fact that you can tell if you have done it right, unlike english etc... which also factors in personal prefrence of the corrector.

Apart from that in nearly every other subject I am dreading the results.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

i'm going through periods of excitement about finding out finally how i did and absolute terror, even had a few nightmares, ah well i'll find out soon enough

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭brian93

I'm excited and afraid! If I don't get an A1 in Irish, that's almost me out of the family! Excited about college, my number 1 and 2 are in the same place, and I know I'll get the points for number 2, but obviously I'd rather my first choice! I really want to do well in German, Maths and Biology too. We'll see, I want to know now. If I didn't have the debs on Friday, this week would be horrible!

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Bloc Party!

Ashxoxo wrote: »
    Absolutely dreading the results :O I have a feeling that I mightnt have passed english :/ Not good...... :(

Yeah im the same! thats the worst thing about english,you just don't know how you did :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

I don't know what it's like in your schools but the majority of girls in my school are SO bitchy when it comes to results. I know from JC,mocks etc that if you do better than someone they will give you such horrible vibes/looks/comments and bitch behind your back and make excuses as to why you did good "oh she got grinds in EVERY subject (I got no grinds at all) and she cheated"

That's why I'm in two minds about sharing my results. It's the same with my family. My cousin did the LC this year too and I know (from JC) that if she gets less than me her mother will be making up excuses for her until the cows come home.

I wish they knew that I really didn't care and that I'm happy for anyone who gets what they want! Even some of my "friends" would say well done then bitch behind my back.

Eugh why can't I be a boy :pac:

haha, i went to an all boys school and bitchyness like that goes on too

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭joshrogan

9 days, we're in single digits here people there is no going back!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

begsy wrote: »
    anyone have any tips on how to stop thinking about the results??
    Stay away from this forum until the 17th? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

I really haven't thought about the results until now....it's weird...

I never thought that I'd worry about the results...I have no idea how I did really. In general, I probably didn't do as well as I hoped but I won't know till the day, I suppose. But I generally don't worry about much yet I've got this weird nagging feeling now :p

Ah well, I don't think there's any need for anyone to panic...it's a bit late at this stage so you might as well just try and stay calm. I know some people have a natural tendency to worry but hang out with your friends, do your hobbies...enjoy yourself. It isn't the end of the world, despite what some people say.

Good luck everyone all the same :):) hope ye all do great.

Oh, and the bitchiness thing. I really can't see it happening in our school, bar among one or two. It's not a huge year, about 60 people and pretty much everyone gets on well so I doubt there'll be much bitchiness. There'll always be 1 or 2, and then there will be people who will be very disappointed but I think in general our results day will be pretty warm-spirited (if that's the right word)

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭paperpackages

ChloeElla wrote: »
    Snap! I blog as well, and I'm like "Oh crap, my results posted online for everyone to see?" I only found out a while ago that quite a lot of people in my school actually read the blog, and I felt worried that people I actually knew could see what I was saying! :P

Oh Chloe didn't realise it was you, blogging partner Ciara here haha. :) I know I don't want people getting the wrong idea from me putting them up, I just feel like it makes sense to do it yano? Was actually talking to a friend about doing a vlog for my blog that day, just for fun, although I don't really know...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 madmax92

Is there chance to check your results on-line one the day? (say midnight on 17th and then go collect your results at school in the morning). I'm just worried about HL Maths, I hope I did at least 40%. Anyway from reading the topic I can say people are worried mostly about maths.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭aoife_bennett

I wouldn't repeat for all the money in the world. . .Watching all my friends having a ball in college while I slaved away at the Leaving Cert for another year would literally drive me to insanity. I'd gladly take Arts, much and all as I bash it, over repeating ANY DAY

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭BazDel

madmax92 wrote: »
    Is there chance to check your results on-line one the day? (say midnight on 17th and then go collect your results at school in the morning). I'm just worried about HL Maths, I hope I did at least 40%. Anyway from reading the topic I can say people are worried mostly about maths.

Online results are available from 12 noon. However you can collect them in the school at an earlier time than that (8/9/10am). That time depends on the school I guess. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

I wouldn't repeat for all the money in the world. . .Watching all my friends having a ball in college while I slaved away at the Leaving Cert for another year would literally drive me to insanity. I'd gladly take Arts, much and all as I bash it, over repeating ANY DAY

I might end up repeating and if I do, I actually wouldn't mind seeing as I'm fairly young as it is going into uni. But ya, I'd prefer if I didn't have to and the initial thought of actually repeating would make me cry but I'd get over it eventually :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

I might end up repeating and if I do, I actually wouldn't mind seeing as I'm fairly young as it is going into uni. But ya, I'd prefer if I didn't have to and the initial thought of actually repeating would make me cry but I'd get over it eventually :P

I would die if I had to repeat! If you think you'd be able for it fair play, but I wouldn't be able to do it. I'd have to take up about 3 new subjects...not a hope like:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

_meehan_ wrote: »
    I would die if I had to repeat! If you think you'd be able for it fair play, but I wouldn't be able to do it. I'd have to take up about 3 new subjects...not a hope like:P

i've actually been thinking about this already :p and i'd prob just do the normal 6, drop irish and maths and take up business. But ya, the thought of repeating scares me but I also hate the thought of being underage for most of my first year in college :'(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭aoife_bennett

i've actually been thinking about this already :p and i'd prob just do the normal 6, drop irish and maths and take up business. But ya, the thought of repeating scares me but I also hate the thought of being underage for most of my first year in college :'(
    _meehan_ wrote: »

Ah no, I couldn't repeat. . . Go through it all again, I'd have a heart attack within a month!! If I did have to go back though, I'd probably try Ag. . . Everyone said it was handy enough. I'd drop Social (Home Ec) in a heartbeat!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭ChloeElla

Oh Chloe didn't realise it was you, blogging partner Ciara here haha. :) I know I don't want people getting the wrong idea from me putting them up, I just feel like it makes sense to do it yano? Was actually talking to a friend about doing a vlog for my blog that day, just for fun, although I don't really know...?

Haha hi Ciara :) I know what you mean, if I do well I don't want to look like I'm bragging, and if I don't get what I want, it's not something you want to spread around! But it seems to be a tradition so I will probably end up doing it :P I think a vlog would be really cool! It'd be different to the usual blogging :)

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Bloc Party!

Ah no, I couldn't repeat. . . Go through it all again, I'd have a heart attack within a month!! If I did have to go back though, I'd probably try Ag. . . Everyone said it was handy enough. I'd drop Social (Home Ec) in a heartbeat!!!!

I repeated this year and it was probably the best thing i ever did..most of the people who went to college for the sake of it just ended up dropping out or failing a good few of their exams...you might think a year is long but its nothing at all!

best of luck to everyone anyway :D hope you all get what ye want :)

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭daniels.ducks

Sorry, I know it's off topic but does anyone have the link for the "so who wants to go to UL this year" thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

Sorry, I know it's off topic but does anyone have the link for the "so who wants to go to UL this year" thread.

Try the search function.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=72785861

Here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭daniels.ducks

Try the search function.

Tried on a few occasions.
    Noel2k9 wrote: »

Thanks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Ragdoll742

Your dead right. I'm doing arts anyway, but I think I'd take any course over repeating. Even apart from having to see your friends in college, I dont think I could sit through that year again.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭red_red_wine

RTÉ radio made my breakfast infinitely less enjoyable this morning:

"And just over a week remains until Leaving Cert students all over the country receive their results..."

No. Just no.

I imagine there's a bitter executive in RTÉ somewhere who still feels aggrieved about his own Leaving Cert and so gleefully enjoys ensuring that the station provides as much coverage as possible of the state exams to worsen our nerves.

It was the same the morning the exams started, driving to school with my parents:

"And just over an hour remains until 80,000 Leaving Cert students all over the country will begin to sit the biggest exams of their life thus far."

Moratorium of the media's coverage of state exams anyone? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Meller

I don't want to repeat either, but I'd definitely take one year repeating over a three or four-year college course that I don't even like... not to mention having a degree in something I'm not interested in. Seems a bit pointless. However great college is, you'd be kinda at a disadvantage and missing out on bits of it if you're just taking any course for the sake of it rather than because you really want to.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

It's probably a good idea not to listen to radio stations on the morning of the results.
    They are always full of '20% fail maths!' or 'Worst failure rate ever in English' type stories that will do nothing except stress you before getting your results.

Advertisement