Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Countdown to LC Results 2011

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭begsy

Bbbbolger wrote: »
    Try keep yourself occupied I suppose. I'm fortunate enough to have a job for the Summer and I'm training or playing matches most nights as well. That keeps my mind off it for the most part. It's going to get worse coming up to it as anticipation gets higher. People are already beggining to ask me questions like "Are the results out soon?" and "Are you nervous?" That's gonna get way worse over the next week and a half. Just remember that you're definitely not the only one agonising over the results. I'd say most L.C students are. I know I am anyway!

Hey there.. Ya i have a summer job myself and have been working most days, but i'm still constantly thinking about them.. I suppose the fact that most of the customers know me personally and are always asking when are the results out.. I suppose this thread keeps me somewhat sane as I now know lots of other people feel the same.. Mos of my frieds are so laid back and even though i only need 400 to get my course i need to pass maths and actually do a good leaving to get a place as there are only 20 places on my course....(i think that is what i'm mostly stressing about :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

Dreams are killing me at this point, I think I've opened the envelope at least 20 times with various outcomes :(

I sat HL Maths and that's the one I'm worried about the most. The only thing keeping me slightly sane is that the grade curve might work in our favour :) Hopefully I'll get the C3+ I desperately need.

I'm going for Science in Trinity, so 480+ is what I'm hoping for

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭B_Fanatic

I had a dream last night I had gotten 465 points and it was the day of the results! But the really crazy thing is I was disappointed! I know it's completely relative but I thought I'd be delighted with that... But now that I think of it I probably wouldn't. It's right inside 50-50 to get into the college course I want territory. It's been a while since I woke up feeling that emotionally moved by a dream. Cool

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

HL maths and German will be the big deciders on my results I'd say.

Chemistry also went a bit iffy, hopefully I just about managed the A1. Majorly fooked if I didn't.

Oh, results.

bscm wrote: »
    Dreams are killing me at this point, I think I've opened the envelope at least 20 times with various outcomes :(

I sat HL Maths and that's the one I'm worried about the most. The only thing keeping me slightly sane is that the grade curve might work in our favour :) Hopefully I'll get the C3+ I desperately need.

I'm going for Science in Trinity, so 480+ is what I'm hoping for

dreams of failing maths... :-( all i want is a D3 in pass but that new project maths course was a joke... :-( Did you do the old course or the new one?? Hope you get what you were hoping for..:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

begsy wrote: »
    dreams of failing maths... :-( all i want is a D3 in pass but that new project maths course was a joke... :-( Did you do the old course or the new one?? Hope you get what you were hoping for..:)

You too :)

We didn't do project maths, but we may as well have with the amount of it they snuck in to the paper and the fact that first principles disappeared for the first time in 12 years :( I loved that question in class

bscm wrote: »
    You too :)

We didn't do project maths, but we may as well have with the amount of it they snuck in to the paper and the fact that first principles disappeared for the first time in 12 years :( I loved that question in class

Yep me too.. Wouldn't mind but i had dropped from HL to OL at the beginning of year.. was doing grand until the mocks... only answered 2 and a bit full questions and just about sraped a pass... first principles that question was my fav question but it decided not to show... :( talk about dissapointment... guess we will just have to wait and see.. wish it would hurry the hell up though.. ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭aoife_bennett

Ragdoll742 wrote: »
    Your dead right. I'm doing arts anyway, but I think I'd take any course over repeating. Even apart from having to see your friends in college, I dont think I could sit through that year again.
    Arts in Cork by any chance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭flyaway.

I had a dream last night that I got 6 'No Grades' and an A1 in HL maths. I didn't even take HL maths.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Killian1993

• Advertisement

Such is the quality of this article:
    points requirements for medicine are expected to remain broadly unchanged.
    Err, no.

And
    In a new trend, students prefer to wait until after their Leaving Cert results before deciding on their college options.
    No, they're waiting until after the Leaving Cert, the results aren't until the 17th of this month.

These results were apparent since the CAO closing date in February, not much change now after the Change of Mind. The Indo clearly needs page-filler.

jumpguy wrote: »
    Such is the quality of this article:

Err, no.

And

No, they're waiting until after the Leaving Cert, the results aren't until the 17th of this month.

These results were apparent since the CAO closing date in February, not much change now after the Change of Mind. The Indo clearly needs page-filler.

If my course which went from 375 to 420 in 2010 rises by 10 points I may be
    screwed...what's your opinion?

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Ragdoll742

Arts in Cork by any chance?

Nahh, Maynooth. I live down the road so it's handy. Yourself?

If my course which went from 375 to 420 in 2010 rises by 10 points I may be
    screwed...what's your opinion?
    There really is no point worrying about it. College places may have increased to absorb extra demand, you don't know. Science places will be competitive this year and there will probably be a points rise for most science places this year. You may perform better than you expected in the LC...

Thinking about it is just tormenting and fruitless...take it from me! :P

jumpguy wrote: »
    There really is no point worrying about it. College places may have increased to absorb extra demand, you don't know. Science places will be competitive this year and there will probably be a points rise for most science places this year. You may perform better than you expected in the LC...

Thinking about it is just tormenting and fruitless...take it from me! :P

College places may have increased.. hmm I never even considered that, well that's cheered me up a bit, thanks I'll sleep better tonight due to your comment, and that is a real gain for me now.

Nahh, Maynooth. I live down the road so it's handy. Yourself?
    Cork is down, I only live an hour away from the place so it'd be handy really. . . It'd be better if they did a degree in Journalism, I'd be in there like swimwear :L

Cork is down, I only live an hour away from the place so it'd be handy really. . . It'd be better if they did a degree in Journalism, I'd be in there like swimwear :L

Haha :L What course do you have for your first? I was originally hoping to do Music Tech in Maynooth, but had heard bad things about the course. I was so happy when I found the course was there, had my heart set on it. But then after hearing the reports I'd heard, I was truly heartbroken. :'(

I heard the journalism course in DCU is good. Know a couple of people hoping for it.

Haha :L What course do you have for your first? I was originally hoping to do Music Tech in Maynooth, but had heard bad things about the course. I was so happy when I found the course was there, had my heart set on it. But then after hearing the reports I'd heard, I was truly heartbroken. :'(

I heard the journalism course in DCU is good. Know a couple of people hoping for it.
    Journalism in DCU is my first . . . Then more courses in DCU, DIT, UL and UCC. Oh, really? A friend of mine is in music tech and she loves it! Hearing others want to do my course is excitjg and unsettling all at once!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 791 ✭✭✭Shreddingblood

Wonder who that is?

Journalism in DCU is my first . . . Then more courses in DCU, DIT, UL and UCC. Oh, really? A friend of mine is in music tech and she loves it! Hearing others want to do my course is excitjg and unsettling all at once!! :)

Yeah hopefully there'll be some familiar faces anyway. Cant wait for september though tbh, even though waiting on results is just irritating at this stage.

• Advertisement

Wonder who that is?

Care to elaborate??

Care to elaborate??

That would be the man hoping for your course too! haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Sentid

Does anyone think it's a bit stupid having loads of places for jobs that won't exist in 3/4 years time??? Don't mean to be negative, but no nurses are being taken on so they all end up emigrating without pumping one cent back into the economy. How is it paying to train them?? :-/

Anyways good luck everybody!!

Sentid wrote: »
    Does anyone think it's a bit stupid having loads of places for jobs that won't exist in 3/4 years time??? Don't mean to be negative, but no nurses are being taken on so they all end up emigrating without pumping one cent back into the economy. How is it paying to train them?? :-/

Jobs that won't exist here, perhaps. The amount of people only planning to stay in this country through college is amazing.

That would be the man hoping for your course too! haha.

New friend!!! Yay!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 791 ✭✭✭Shreddingblood

New friend!!! Yay!! :)

You'd be an even better friend if you learned how to play bass like Arif Mirabdolbaghi/ Dan Briggs.

You'd be an even better friend if you learned how to play bass like Arif Mirabdolbaghi/ Dan Briggs.

Well then prepare to be extremely disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

Sentid wrote: »

i think it'd be more foolish to be limiting places in certain courses based on expected job prospects for the related professions at the time of graduation year after year. even though there's no money, with the amount of children being born and our growing population someone's going to have to teach/ care for them at some point in the future beyond 3/4 years

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Lexii307

Im not bothered at this stage, but i know that i will be different on the morning! For some strange reason i sleep better when there is something big the next day. Im usually asleep by 11:30. I find it really irritating when relatives tell me that its no big deal when most of them didnt even go or get in to college! To be honest all i want is the points for podiatry and im over the moon. I couldnt have done better. I was up studying at 4 every morning for 2 months to get everything up to scratch. All i need is 460 to make sure, and even if i dont i hope i can still get Science in NUIG.

• Advertisement

i think it'd be more foolish to be limiting places in certain courses based on expected job prospects for the related professions at the time of graduation year after year. even though there's no money, with the amount of children being born and our growing population someone's going to have to teach/ care for them at some point in the future beyond 3/4 years

What about people to inform them of world events??

Advertisement