Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Countdown to LC Results 2011

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

What about people to inform them of world events??

oh that too of course :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Alright, who's our inside guy this year? :pac: remember last year on this (for repeats and mods), the guy who's dad was a journo or something and he had the points for all the courses at like 2 in the morning? Fun night :pac: Everyone flatly refused to believe him, only for the points to be true!
    Suppose this is the wrong thread though.. That was for offers day.

Anyways, quick question, I sat my leaving cert in a different school to the one I attended, anyone know where I go to get my results?

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭electrictrad

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Killian1993

THFC wrote: »
    Alright, who's our inside guy this year? :pac: remember last year on this (for repeats and mods), the guy who's dad was a journo or something and he had the points for all the courses at like 2 in the morning? Fun night :pac: Everyone flatly refused to believe him, only for the points to be true!
    Suppose this is the wrong thread though.. That was for offers day.

Anyways, quick question, I sat my leaving cert in a different school to the one I attended, anyone know where I go to get my results?

If you have a link to this forum I'd like to see the responses.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Bloc Party!

The papers come out earlier in some places than other eg Dublin and there on sale in a 24 hour shop at 2 or 3 o clock in the morning...one of the papers (think its the irish independant) has the amount of points for all the courses...usually every year someone takes a photo of the paper with all the courses and the points and uploads it here on boards :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Ragdoll742

The papers come out earlier in some places than other eg Dublin and there on sale in a 24 hour shop at 2 or 3 o clock in the morning...one of the papers (think its the irish independant) has the amount of points for all the courses...usually every year someone takes a photo of the paper with all the courses and the points and uploads it here on boards :rolleyes:

Thats sure to mess with some peoples heads :L

If you have a link to this forum I'd like to see the responses.

Just search it and fast forward to the posts dated aroun the 20th.

And if some one could answer my Qs I'd be very grateful!!

Just search it and fast forward to the posts dated aroun the 20th.

And if some one could answer my Qs I'd be very grateful!!

If I were you i'd just get them online at 12 noon on the 17th, I take it you have your pin? To get the result sheet go back to your original school where you were given your CAO details from that school etc * I think *

The results can be obtained from the SEC website

Ragdoll742 wrote: »
    Thats sure to mess with some peoples heads :L

Dont worry! this place does be great craic around 2 or 3 in the morning before the offers come out :rolleyes:

Dont worry! this place does be great craic around 2 or 3 in the morning before the offers come out :rolleyes:

I live beside a 24 hr tesco, would be handy to just drop in there, If anyone asks me i could look up their course for them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭shannon_tek

WAIT! Hold up there is a pin to be gotten.. WTF.:eek:

Now my friend tells me 7 days before the F(*&^$%£" results. Jesus christ. what the F*^&%$". Seriously im going to kill someone. Give me a Baseball bat till i smash something.

WAIT! Hold up there is a pin to be gotten.. WTF.:eek:

Yeah I got mine when I filled in my CAO application online, I had 2 numbers my exam no. and my pin, simple as that. If you log into your CAO account It should be there.

Yeah I got mine when I filled in my CAO application online, I had 2 numbers my exam no. and my pin, simple as that. If you log into your CAO account It should be there.

Thank you ;) unfortunatly i have not been able to find it

Thank you ;)

I'll tell you what, I'll log into my CAO account later on this morning and tell you the exact location of the number you need :D

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭brian93

I think you've your wires crossed.

She's talking about her results, which has nothing to do with the CAO. My school gave out a sheet which has my subjects at the back, and a 6 digit number to use while retrieving my results.

Ring your school about it, they should have the number, and hopefully they're open!

brian93 wrote: »

She's He's talking about her results, which has nothing to do with the CAO. My school gave out a sheet which has my subjects at the back, and a 6 digit number to use while retrieving my results.

Ring your school about it, they should have the number, and hopefully they're open!

Well i presume my school is closed . but then again its only 7 days left

She's talking about her results, which has nothing to do with the CAO. My school gave out a sheet which has my subjects at the back, and a 6 digit number to use while retrieving my results.

Wait a second I need to be sure I know what to do on the day if i were to get my results online. On my CAO application form I was given a 6 digit number, this is my pin yes? which i then type in on the SEC website to access my results?

Well i presume my school is closed . but then again its only 7 days left

Sorry about the gender mix-up :pac:

If you're lucky the receptionist or principal might be around, and you could always leave a voicemail and they can get back to you!

Wait a second I need to be sure I know what to do on the day if i were to get my results online. On my CAO application form I was given a 6 digit number, this is my pin yes? which i then type in on the SEC website to access my results?

There isn't a 6 digit number on my CAO that matches the one I got on the sheet.

My exam number is 6 digits - 132xxx
    CAO number is 8 digits - 1134xxxx
    and the one on the sheet is 6 - 467xxx

It's called a UAP number

There isn't a 6 digit number on my CAO that matches the one I got on the sheet.

My exam number is 6 digits - 132xxx
    CAO number is 8 digits - 1134xxxx
    and the one on the sheet is 6 - 467xxx

It's called a UAP number

Ah thanks for that, I understand now, sorry it can be a bit confusing at times...

• Advertisement

Ah thanks for that, I understand now, sorry it can be a bit confusing at times...

Sure it is 3am :p I use 'following the riots' as an excuse to stay up, but I have to be wrecked tired going to sleep, otherwise I start worrying about the results! Hurry on the 17th!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

i'd advise anyone not to download that LC Points calculator until the morning of the results

i've gone everywhere from 50-570 :o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I would presume the one in which you sat the exam, unless you were an external candidate in which case they will send the results to your home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭aoife_bennett

Hey, at least it'll give me something to read while I'm STILL awake at 3am with the nerves.

I live beside a 24 hr tesco, would be handy to just drop in there, If anyone asks me i could look up their course for them.

If you do be prepared for about 200 private messages :rolleyes:
    Sure it is 3am :p I use 'following the riots' as an excuse to stay up, but I have to be wrecked tired going to sleep, otherwise I start worrying about the results! Hurry on the 17th!

Haha! i got red dead redemption and got new maps for call of duty..that should kill my boredem till the results come out! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 ItsMeSarah94

im just hopeing that the points for childcare courses dont go up by too much!!!! :confused:

spurious wrote: »
    I would presume the one in which you sat the exam, unless you were an external candidate in which case they will send the results to your home.

Cheers. Yeah I'm an external candidate. Wouldn't have made much difference anyways, the school I sat the lc in is literally across the road. Just don't want to have to go all the way into town for the results!

and got new maps for call of duty..that should kill my boredem till the results come out! :rolleyes:

Which map pack? My brother bought all 3, so I paid nothing but happily play away!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 frenchy1992

6 days 33 minutes and 25 seconds ( or 520 000 seconds) until the results are posted online.
    I'm getting slightly obsessed with this result thing :/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭szybki

Why it cannot be tomorrow ?

Advertisement