Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NGB upload very slow

• 31-07-2011 9:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭

I have Eircom ngb up to 8Mb. Download is 5MB but upload is only .40 MB

Some details from router:

eircom broadband: Connected
    DSL Mode: ADSL_G.dmt
    Speed: 6144 kbps /512 kbps
    Line Attenuation (Down/Up): 45 dB /24 dB
    DSL Noise Margin: 15 dB /22 dB

What is the speed 6144? That is what it should be or is to the router? I have wifi so am I losing the 1.144MB because of the wifi.

Are the Line Attenuation and DSL Noise Margin stats bad

Comments

6Mb down, 0.5Mb up.

The speeds you said are about what you can expect. You're on 6Mb not 8Mb. You Line could probably handle 7, but it may drop out. Your line is not the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭MapForJ

6Mb down, 0.5Mb up.

The speeds you said are about what you can expect. You're on 6Mb not 8Mb. You Line could probably handle 7, but it may drop out. Your line is not the best.
    thanks what do you mean i am on 6mb not 8mb when i am on up to 8. Is it the 6144 that tells you it is 6.?

My line is not the best? but the house in only a couple years old? Could my line be improved?

Yeah. It depends on how far you are from your local exchange.
    Based on your line attenuation, your line its around 3.3Km long.

http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/max_speed_calc.php

Yes, your speed is 6.114Mb, but this is actually 6Mbit. (1Mb = 1024kbit, therefore 6*1024=6144).

Ring eircom and ask the to put you onto 7Mb, they might do it for ye.

As for getting your line improved. That's more than likely not going to happen ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭MapForJ

Yeah. It depends on how far you are from your local exchange.
    Based on your line attenuation, your line its around 3.3Km long.

http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/max_speed_calc.php

Yes, your speed is 6.114Mb, but this is actually 6Mbit. (1Mb = 1024kbit, therefore 6*1024=6144).

Ring eircom and ask the to put you onto 7Mb, they might do it for ye.

As for getting your line improved. That's more than likely not going to happen ;)
    thanks for that explanation

Advertisement