Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbie Weissbier / Erdinger ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Bugsyboy1

Hey I asked a similar question a couple of weeks ago. Check out the answers below. I have a weissbeer brew on at the moment (will probably bottle it at the end of the week). Got all the ingredients at my beer and wine too. Make sure that you use the right yeast. The yeast in the Coopers wheat bear kit isn't quite right. I bought a different one recommended to me in the shop. Best of luck.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056319674

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭bibibobo

Can I drink a wheat beer straight away after fermenting or should i bottle and wait a few weeks to improve taste?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Donny5

bibibobo wrote: »
    Can I drink a wheat beer straight away after fermenting or should i bottle and wait a few weeks to improve taste?

Well, when you bottle, you add a little extra sugar and over a couple of weeks, the yeast fermenting on this new sugar provides your carbonation. You could drink it straight from the fermenter; there's nothing unhealthy about it, but it won't be very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭bibibobo

cheers for that. Also, is it ok to drink the murky cloudy sediment that can appear at the bottom and throughout the bottles ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Donny5

bibibobo wrote: »
    cheers for that. Also, is it ok to drink the murky cloudy sediment that can appear at the bottom and throughout the bottles ?

Yeah, that's the yeast and it's safe to drink.

• Advertisement
Advertisement