Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Musicians Wanted for Some Fun in North Dublin

• 31-07-2011 10:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi Everyone

I am a 30 something musician based in Glasnevin in Dublin. I mostly play acoustic guitar (my favourite instrument) but also play electric guitar, bass guitar and a bit of keyboard/piano.

The music I listen to is mostly: Bob Dylan, Neil Young, The White Stripes, The Rolling Stones, The Clash, and everything and anything else!

I have access to a large rehersal space outside of office hours and at weekends.

What I am interested in doing is getting together with a few people and making music. I couldn't care less what age you are and what instrument you play - if you are interested in getting together and playing some music then contact me. If you want to do something serious that's ok, if you just want to Jam or play a few covers then that's ok too.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭gerarda

Hi,
    Do you have any gigging experience? Im looking to get something together too, just 1 or two tunes to start with and see what happens after that.

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 130 ✭✭mydingaling

Hi,
    This sounds good!
    I am a mid 30's guitar player.I would be very interested in meeting up for sessions.
    I love playing acoustic guitar and play all kinds from Dylan, Neil Young to Crowded House.....anything really!
    I have no gigging experience but have a powerful amp and a few accessories.I am currently trying to improve my playing and there's no better way than to play with other musicians.I don't want to do anything too serious. Just meet up and enjoy a good jam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

Hey, I'm 25, like to play the acoustic guitar. Living in Dublin 3 at the moment. No gigging experience at all, and I'm not the best player, but a big Neil Young fan, and I have fun playing - problem is that it's 99% playing in my own bedroom alone, the other 1% is in the living room :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Mixymax

gerarda wrote: »
    Hi,
    Do you have any gigging experience? Im looking to get something together too, just 1 or two tunes to start with and see what happens after that.

Cheers

Hi, Yep I have experience of gigging, but its been a few years at this stage :-)

I'll PM you!

Hi,
    This sounds good!
    I am a mid 30's guitar player.I would be very interested in meeting up for sessions.
    I love playing acoustic guitar and play all kinds from Dylan, Neil Young to Crowded House.....anything really!
    I have no gigging experience but have a powerful amp and a few accessories.I am currently trying to improve my playing and there's no better way than to play with other musicians.I don't want to do anything too serious. Just meet up and enjoy a good jam.

Hey sounds good. I'll PM you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 pearlman

HI 44 year old male let go from work over year ago. just got elesis drum kit , i am also trying to set up small home recording studio using pc. found reaper very good. you or anyone who want's to jam some time just for the enjoyment of it, send me email.
    cheers. dave Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭kimnjess

Hi, you probably have enough guitars at this stage. I play electric, I'm 43, and would also be into meeting up for a good jam.

pearlman wrote: »
    HI 44 year old male let go from work over year ago. just got elesis drum kit , i am also trying to set up small home recording studio using pc. found reaper very good. you or anyone who want's to jam some time just for the enjoyment of it, send me email.
    cheers. dave Dublin

Hi

I use Reaper myself - its definitely the best thing out there!
    I'll send you a PM

kimnjess wrote: »
    Hi, you probably have enough guitars at this stage. I play electric, I'm 43, and would also be into meeting up for a good jam.

PM sent!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

Mixymax wrote: »
    Hi Everyone

I am a 30 something musician based in Glasnevin in Dublin. I mostly play acoustic guitar (my favourite instrument) but also play electric guitar, bass guitar and a bit of keyboard/piano.

The music I listen to is mostly: Bob Dylan, Neil Young, The White Stripes, The Rolling Stones, The Clash, and everything and anything else!

I have access to a large rehersal space outside of office hours and at weekends.

What I am interested in doing is getting together with a few people and making music. I couldn't care less what age you are and what instrument you play - if you are interested in getting together and playing some music then contact me. If you want to do something serious that's ok, if you just want to Jam or play a few covers then that's ok too.

Let me know if you have any questions.
    How goes it mate. From g'nevin myself living in drumcondra. I play guitar mostly but badly play tin whistle and bodhran as well. Been playin guitar about 13 years but never outside the living room. Wouldn't mind a jam session see what it's like!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭deaddonkey

drumcondra based, if this stays acoustic i'll join in with a mandolin...

• Registered Users Posts: 32 pearlman

Seems there is a few people out there who love to just play and enjoy. we should jam with each other and who knows maybe do few gigs for family weddings, birthdays, see what heppens. we can share ideas, and know how. I am drummer. play some guitar , keyboard. want to write some stuff.
    cheers. dave:D

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭kimnjess

Did anything ever happen with this or did you just lose interest?

kimnjess wrote: »
    Did anything ever happen with this or did you just lose interest?

Hi

I did meet up with a few people who replied above and I will be meeting up with them again. I am away at the moment but would be interested in getting something together again in a couple of weeks. PM me if you are still interested.

Advertisement