Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shredder?

Options
  • 31-07-2011 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,011 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know if there's a paper shredder at UCD that people can use? Preferably one that can take more than one sheet a at time. I've got a pile of ... papers, which I'd like to dispose of properly. It's OK, you don't need details ... :cool:

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Ragamuffin

TMNT1987_Shredder.png

:pac:

No I don't know of any tbh, how about that printing place in the arts buiding maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Not eco friendly, but you could just burn it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Xhristy

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

ironclaw wrote: »
    Not eco friendly, but you could just burn it.

This, it's how I dispose of any paperwork I need to. Just toss it in with the newspaper next time you're starting a fire. Or a BBQ, given that it's summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

Well apparently used paper can come in fairly handy in the students' residence during the winter. Just get a cast iron bucket of some sorts and light a fire in it using the paper. It's a great way of disposing paper you don't need and it also heats up your room.

Also, if you're living rough after your degree, your used paper can come in handy if you want to keep warm on the streets. Just crumple up the used papers (including your degree certificate) and stuff them under your coat/ jacket. It helps to preserve the heat. You can use them to make a little bed for yourself too.

Never doubt the usefulness of used paper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Tayto2000

Well apparently used paper can come in fairly handy in the students' residence during the winter. Just get a cast iron bucket of some sorts and light a fire in it using the paper. It's a great way of disposing paper you don't need and it also heats up your room.

I imagine that would indeed be a great way to raise the average room temperature...

HouseFire_2.jpg

Advertisement