Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mooney's pub sunday evening

Options
  • 31-07-2011 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

I saw two ambulances and a garda car outside Mooney's pub this evening about 7pm. Anybody know what happened

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭In The Sticks

Didn't hear anything, but it wouldn't suprise me with that place, not a well run place at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Just out of interest, where is Mooney's pub?

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭jt69er

Just out of interest, where is Mooney's pub?

maugheraboy,close to the showgrounds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭WANTStoWORK

jazyguy wrote: »
    I saw two ambulances and a garda car outside Mooney's pub this evening about 7pm. Anybody know what happened

I'd say it was a few bad pints!!

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭red bellied

Mooneys makes the front page of todays Weekender for a bar room brawl on Sunday last.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭slapbangwallop

Mooneys makes the front page of todays Weekender for a bar room brawl on Sunday last.

who was involved? the Boo-Heads?

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Some of our hard-working cousins apparently.

red sean wrote: »
    Some of our hard-working cousins apparently.

It was a 'free for all' bar room brawl. 'Coushins fighting coushins' Well you know what they say...You can never give whiskey to indians, I believe it is the usual thing that happens at those christinings :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭bonzos

Dont worry folks the tax payer will pick up the bill for this....All cost including the drink,medical bills,free legal aid and of course the wages of our of our local public reps who will no dough come out to defend this brawl by claiming its a result of a disadvantaged back ground:rolleyes:will be included on the bottom of your payslip.

bonzos wrote: »
    Dont worry folks the tax payer will pick up the bill for this....All cost including the drink,medical bills,free legal aid and of course the wages of our of our local public reps who will no dough come out to defend this brawl by claiming its a result of a disadvantaged back ground:rolleyes:will be included on the bottom of your payslip.

Disadvantaged my bo**ix, I bet there wasn't a Garda check point in sight in Maugheraboy that night, I suppose all of them that were driving had only drank one pint aswell. God it would make you want to puke. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

if any of us honest decent people were at this sort of thing we would get hammered by the law.
    its about time these people were delt with, disadvantage me arse,thats the do gooders angle on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭jajjay

totally agree with you there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ellebe

Who is anyone here to cast the first stone? Everyone gets hammered by the law, most people in court are from disadvantaged backgrounds because they grow up wit different viewpoints on education through no fault of their own. It is ignorant to slait some travellers for fighting in a pub. You should all be asking why our government lets people stay on the dole for 20+ years killing any grain of work ethic they may have had growing up in an environment where everyone around them was also on the dole. The government needs to change this cycle because right now the dole and being on benefits seems like the most intelligent option in the Ireland of today so who is the joke really on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Pete M.

ellebe wrote: »
    Who is anyone here to cast the first stone? Everyone gets hammered by the law, most people in court are from disadvantaged backgrounds because they grow up wit different viewpoints on education through no fault of their own. It is ignorant to slate some travellers for fighting in a pub. You should all be asking why our government lets people stay on the dole for 20+ years killing any grain of work ethic they may have had growing up in an environment where everyone around them was also on the dole. The government needs to change this cycle because right now the dole and being on benefits seems like the most intelligent option in the Ireland of today so who is the joke really on?

Wow! That's some first post!!

If you knew much you'd see that very few people actually get hammered by the law as you put it.

And choosing to be on the dole will never be an intelligent option for anyone. Anyone choosing to be on the dole instead of working is a mug.
    The problem is there are fcuk all jobs.

As for the scrap, let them away off and do it if they want. I'd say the same bucks could probably pay for the damage too.
    It's been going on for years and there lots of more important things to be giving out about at this particular moment in time.

And I'll tell you something else too. It's no joke :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Pete M. wrote: »

And choosing to be on the dole will never be an intelligent option for anyone. Anyone choosing to be on the dole instead of working is a mug.
    The problem is there are fcuk all jobs.

As for the scrap, let them away off and do it if they want. I'd say the same bucks could probably pay for the damage too.
    It's been going on for years and there lots of more important things to be giving out about at this particular moment in time.

When did the Dole come into things? This thread started as a question as to what was going on, then all of a sudden the people who drink in there are all tarred with the same brush?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Pete M.

When did the Dole come into things? This thread started as a question as to what was going on, then all of a sudden the people who drink in there are all tarred with the same brush?

Line 3. 8th word in. :P
    ellebe wrote: »
    Who is anyone here to cast the first stone? Everyone gets hammered by the law, most people in court are from disadvantaged backgrounds because they grow up wit different viewpoints on education through no fault of their own. It is ignorant to slait some travellers for fighting in a pub. You should all be asking why our government lets people stay on the dole for 20+ years killing any grain of work ethic they may have had growing up in an environment where everyone around them was also on the dole. The government needs to change this cycle because right now the dole and being on benefits seems like the most intelligent option in the Ireland of today so who is the joke really on?

Or you could argue that it came in at the start of this.
    bonzos wrote: »

I'm not tarrin nathin!

Or am I?

Ya startin?

Maybe that's how it started, getting back to the OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Pete M. wrote: »
    Line 3. 8th word in. :P

Or you could argue that it came in at the start of this.

I'm not tarrin nathin!
    Maybe that's how it started, getting back to the OP.
    Pete M, trying to understand your post :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭jazyguy

I was just curious as I drove past and also the pub shut early that night and ive never seen it shut up exactly on time. I dont drink there, I was just curious thats all, not sure where this thread is going now.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

jazyguy wrote: »
    I was just curious as I drove past and also the pub shut early that night and ive never seen it shut up exactly on time. I dont drink there, I was just curious thats all, not sure where this thread is going now.

I'm not quite sure either, but its gone well off from where it started.

Locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement