Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gardai should be armed?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Solnskaya

mattjack wrote: »
    partial nutter ...?
    quite possibly. I'm not even sure i would give me a licence, but my kids think i'm nice. And they are very discerning. So's my wife, but she hates the gun, she says having it under the pillow is giving her a crick in her kneck, but better sfae than sorry eh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

LC2010HIS wrote: »
    What!?!?:(:D

I,m sorry...,I,m sorry.........:D

Solnskaya wrote: »
    quite possibly. I'm not even sure i would give me a licence, but my kids think i'm nice. And they are very discerning. So's my wife, but she hates the gun, she says having it under the pillow is giving her a crick in her kneck, but better sfae than sorry eh.

yeah..I know what ya mean...I got rid of mine a few years ago...the gun..not the wife...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Blay wrote: »
    You can own a rimfire .22 pistol if you are a member of a target shooting club.

Cripes! I didn't know that people could own hand guns here!

Got to say that I wouldn't mind owning a gun. Purely for self defence though.

Cripes! I didn't know that people could own hand guns here!

Got to say that I wouldn't mind owning a gun. Purely for self defence though.

I dont think you can own them for self defence

• Advertisement

LC2010HIS wrote: »
    I'm 6".. female like:D
    6"- jasus that must be tough, I'd say just getting up the kerb is a challenge. On the plus side, you'd be very useful for cavity searches.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭exador

The Guards already have sufficiently armed units. so they are armed, or at least the ones that need to be.

try rob a bank or something similar and see how long it takes for armed guards to arrive !

Just for target shooting?

Are you allowed them in your house?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Yes to both, providing you have the proper security in your home such as a safe and I think..a monitored alarm.:)

indeed not(cough cough), you need a better reason than that to get one, so go off and think of one first(a fear of large rodents is a good starting point)

• Advertisement

6"- jasus that must be tough, I'd say just getting up the kerb is a challenge. On the plus side, you'd be very useful for cavity searches.

Solnskaya....you,re way to smart for this place....I saw that and wouldnt say it..

dont mention self defence....when applying...

Yes to both, providing you have the proper security in your home such as a safe and I think..a monitored alarm.:)

Thanks man. For some reason I thought that hand guns were totally illegal here.

only if you hold them sideways when shooting, wear a tracksuit and saying things like "put a cap in yo as5 beatch", otherwise, it's all good.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,268 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

News to me too!

only if you hold them sideways when shooting, wear a tracksuit and saying things like "put a cap in yo as5 beatch", otherwise, it's all good.

:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

Why in the name of God should they have guns? As if they don't abuse their power enough, imagine how much worse their attitude would be if they had guns.

At the end of the day, there are already guards with guns and they are the only ones who need them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Tayla wrote: »
    Why in the name of God should they have guns? As if they don't abuse their power enough, imagine how much worse their attitude would be if they had guns.

You questioning their h'attitude?

Lose the h'attitude :D

Why in the name of God should they have guns?
    to shoot people with

• Advertisement

LOL:D Savage!

At the end of the day, there are already guards with guns and they are the only ones who need them.
    Not sure if my mate whacker would agree with this. He is adamant he needs his glock to "keep em real"

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,268 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Not sure if my mate whacker would agree with this. He is adamant he needs his glock to "keep em real"

Since most of the Gardaí don't have guns but you do, did you ever consider becoming a superhero? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭32yg

Looked what happened in the US!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/CopsOutofControl

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Since most of the Gardaí don't have guns but you do, did you ever consider becoming a superhero? :pac:
    I already am- I'm "Sarcyman", always there when a smartar5ed, irrelevant, annoying, mildly humerous post is required. Just shine your torch into the sky, swishing it to form an "S", for sh1te, and lo, I will post:)

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭harmoniums

I already am- I'm "Sarcyman", always there when a smartar5ed, irrelevant, annoying, mildly humerous post is required. Just shine your torch into the sky, swishing it to form an "S", for sh1te, and lo, I will post:)

What kind of firearm do you have sir?

I will sleep better knowing you're out there doing what you do, because you're the hero Ireland deserves but not the one it needs......or something.

harmoniums wrote: »
    What kind of firearm do you have sir?
    A big one with two barrels that goes bang, bang. I use it for pest control. In the past i have had pistols and semi-automatic rifles, but when the kids came along I got rid of them in case they mutinied and turned them against the missus and me. I reckon we can face them down if they keel-haul the shotgun seeing as they would only have two shots, and the missus is quite large, so capable of absorbing a fair bit of damage before faltering. I'm fairly skinny, so i would be hard to hit, especially in the dark.

Anyway i've never seen a garda without arms........

• Advertisement

A big one with two barrels that goes bang, bang. I use it for pest control. In the past i have had pistols and semi-automatic rifles, but when the kids came along I got rid of them in case they mutinied and turned them against the missus and me. I reckon we can face them down if they keel-haul the shotgun seeing as they would only have two shots, and the missus is quite large, so capable of absorbing a fair bit of damage before faltering. I'm fairly skinny, so i would be hard to hit, especially in the dark.

a well thought out plan..sir

Advertisement