Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More clover than grass

Options
  • 31-07-2011 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭

Back lawn has a LOT of clover . Does not really bother me but is it a sign of a problem ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭jprboy

In some people's eyes it is. I like to see clover on my lawn and daisies too. Nice bit of colour. And the clover helps the bees, doesn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 greenart

Older lawns in particular and ones that have been mown to closely generally have clover which can become aggressive. In these cases the grass has been starved out effectively because of low mowing. Weed and feeds may help depending on the severity of the weed infestation. Alternatively this month is a good time to rotavate and sow or turf a new lawn. though to keep a nice lush green lawn the correct lawn care,mowing and feeding techniques should be employed.
    On the other hand if you don't mind so called weeds such as daisys,clover ( which fixes nitrogen into the lawn) + dandelions etc which attract bees and other insects +wildlife then its not a problem.

A weed is only a plant in the wrong place!

Advertisement