Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rodrigo y Gabriela and Seasick Steve..amazing!

Options
  • 01-08-2011 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭

Anyone else go tonight?

First time seeing both acts and been wanting to do it a while now. I couldn't believe some of the things I was seeing and hearing. The atmosphere was tops and the crowd seemed to get really into it.:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 panjero

Also went.Totally enjoyed it .What excellent musicans
    .SeaSick Steve Keeps it basic but good.
    Never heard of Rodrigo y Gabriela until yesterday.What can I say about that!!!
    Absolutely briiliant
    A good venue also.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

What a gig! Seasick Steve was amazing! I hope I have the energy of those two when I'm that age.

I also had not heard Rodrigo Y Gabriela before it, they are very impressive but there's only so much instrumental music I can listen to at once, always found it that way. I think it would have been better if Steve was top billing. It would have actually been very cool if he was and they were before him. Their music was more the kind you hone in on their playing where as his is stomp your foot and sing-a-long, it could have complemented his set more to have them first.

Wish he played Hobo Low, Treasures and Last Po Man. Cool either way!

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭vinniemac

Great gig, spoiled a bit for me by the crowd noise. Steve was the highlight for me as well

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Bassboxxx

vinniemac wrote: »
    Great gig, spoiled a bit for me by the crowd noise.

Yeah I could hear the crowd talking at any of the quite bits of RyG, strange and distracting:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Steve was brilliant,wished he played Hobo Low,but was happy enough that he played Dark.

Gemma Hayes was good aswell,R&G are not my cup of tea though and it would've been better if they'd gone on second and Steve headlined.

Still an enjoyable gig mind!

• Advertisement
Advertisement