Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Double Bale Carrier

• 01-08-2011 12:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭

Thinking of buying a double bale carrier. Is a 1979 Zetor Crystal able to carry 2 bales of silage on a double bale carrier.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

Tomjim wrote: »
    Thinking of buying a double bale carrier. Is a 1979 Zetor Crystal able to carry 2 bales of silage on a double bale carrier.

is it 4 wd? it will carry them no bother but you need a good bit of weight on front to stop rising

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

Tomjim wrote: »

not unless you have a loader on the front and carrying a bale

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 224 ✭✭Conflats

Our 8145 carries 2 no bother but just have weights on the front, or keep the loader close to the ground as you can

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

As long as you have weights on the front and your tractor is rated to lift more than 1.5 ton, it should have no bother with the double handler. I've a neighbour with a 2wd New holland Tl90 with a full set of weights on the front and she has no problem with 2 McHale Bales.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Tora Bora

reilig wrote: »
    As long as you have weights on the front and your tractor is rated to lift more than 1.5 ton, it should have no bother with the double handler. I've a neighbour with a 2wd New holland Tl90 with a full set of weights on the front and she has no problem with 2 McHale Bales.

Don't forget to factor in the gradient of the journey from field to yard.
    Stiff uphill climb, greatly reduces the weight you can safely transport on the lift arms of the tractor.
    I had a MF390 4WD on loan a few weeks back, bringing bales in (singly). Journey was up hill, steep enough in places. To my great surprise, it was giddy enough in places, with the front wheels only barely on the ground:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

Tora Bora wrote: »
    Don't forget to factor in the gradient of the journey from field to yard.
    Stiff uphill climb, greatly reduces the weight you can safely transport on the lift arms of the tractor.
    I had a MF390 4WD on loan a few weeks back, bringing bales in (singly). Journey was up hill, steep enough in places. To my great surprise, it was giddy enough in places, with the front wheels only barely on the ground:confused:

Unless you have a 6 cylinder tractor, you'll definitely need weights to be sure of being able to handle any weight of bale with your double bale carrier.

Advertisement