Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox overheating.

Options
  • 01-08-2011 1:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭

My xbox is overheating constantly, it only takes 5-10 minutes of play before turning itself off. I've moved it and cleaned the vents but nothing seems to help. Has anyone else had this problem? Did you send it to get repaired?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    My xbox is overheating constantly, it only takes 5-10 minutes of play before turning itself off. I've moved it and cleaned the vents but nothing seems to help. Has anyone else had this problem? Did you send it to get repaired?

I take that it is a old fat xbox right? Did you take the console apart or did you just clear out dust at the back of the fans?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Trevor451 wrote: »
    I take that it is a old fat xbox right? Did you take the console apart or did you just clear out dust at the back of the fans?

Yeah thats the one. Haven't taken it apart yet, no. Wouldn't really know what i'm doing but i'll give it some research if you think it will help. Its out of warranty so I've nothing to lose.

Edit: I am talking about a 360, should have made that clear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Trevor451 wrote: »

Yeah thats the one. Haven't taken it apart yet, no. Wouldn't really know what i'm doing but i'll give it some research if you think it will help. Its out of warranty so I've nothing to lose.

Edit: I am talking about a 360, should have made that clear.

Read this thread similar problem to yours
    http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2056335728?page=1#post_73478445

Advertisement