Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alarm going off by its self?

Options
  • 01-08-2011 9:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭

Hi, I have 2 questions. 1 relates to my own alarm its a Scopetronic alarm and was installed about 15 yrs ago, just recentantly it has gone of by its self with nothing on the display panel, and yesterday my daughter went to get a towel from the hotpress and hit the alarm unit and it went off again and the only way to stop it was by just hitting the unit. Any idea's on what it might be? Im thinking of upgrading near the end of the year.
    2nd Question, My fathers alarm is showing "Low battery" its an Aritech system. Is that the battery in the main unit? and is there anywhere in the Dublin area that I can get a replacement? Cheers.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

A lid tamper would be the most likely cause.
    Try opening the panel and close it again listening for the spring clicking closed.
    It should really display something on the screen.
    Anything with a small. "t" would relate to a tamper.
    For a battery for an Aritech panel see the sticky here.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055956748
    It is the battery in the main control panel.
    Bring the old battery with you to be sure you get the right one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Payton

Thanks Koolkid, I'll check the panel tomorrow and see if that spring is closing. I'll drop in to Kellihers in Ballymount tomorrow to get a new battery. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

The lid tamper is what is caused the alarm to activate. It is just a spring that closes the tamper in the control panel. The battery you should get is a 12v 7amp, this will keep the alarm going longer in the event of a power cut. If you are looking to upgrade the alarm to todays standards it will not have to be removed from the hot press as it was installed there prior to may 2002. Although it is recommended it be moved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Payton

Thanks Altor, where would the panel be moved to?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Your welcome, anywhere outside of the hot press. If you where to get the cables extended to the attic you would need to install a dual tech motion beside the control panel as it is technically outside the protected area.

• Advertisement
Advertisement