Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallon & Byrne

Options
  • 01-08-2011 9:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭

Bumping an old thread here - I went in on Saturday to get some chestnuts but left without them because of the outrageous price €6.99 for something that I paid €4 in Dundalk. On the way out I noticed even worse extortion - De Cecco 1 liter extra virgin olive oil €15.95 - again in my local for the exact same product €6.95 - how are these people getting away with such a rip off?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Split from very old thread.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 11,457 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Cause they can

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

duploelabs wrote: »
    Cause they can
    Exactly, you can get 32 watch batteries in the euroshops for €2, I expect it would cost a few hundred in Weirs for the same thing!

I remember meeting a girl I know coming out of brown thomas, had been in sampling perfumes, and now off to buy them in the pharmacy for far less.

this happens in many shops, the likes of woodies & powercity are often dearer than local hardware stores, people think all their prices are making about the same margin so they play on that. Many do not know the prices things should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭murrayp4

Their goats cheese tarts are lovely though...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

It's a bit of hit & miss. I find their cheeses are the cheapest around. And they stock some things that you just can't get anywhere else. Also I do like the way all the fruit & veg are loose. So you can just buy what you want. I wouldn't be buying my groceries in there, but it's great for the random things you need to get your hands on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

Their butchers section is excellent and it's open after 6pm. Great loose fruit and veg selection usually and you can get as much as you like instead of being forced to get a big pack. Everything else you can cross the road and get it in Dunnes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭SBWife

It's got a great range of specialty foods and is cheaper than other city centre stores for many of them. Anyone seen the prices in Listons on Camden St?

Advertisement