Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

three mobile free phones offer

Options
  • 01-08-2011 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

Three currently offering either free Iphone4 and Samsung G II phones for 40Eur/month. Can anyone first, help me decide between either phone? And offer advice on the network coverage for Three? I would be mainly in Co. Meath/Dublin area and Co.Wexford?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Nibs05

Get yourself a free 3 PAYG sim online to check coverage, you can pick them up in the 3 store as well.
    As for the phone the galaxy s2 is better equipped a bit wider than a iPhone, new iPhone is coming out in September / October so bear this in mind if going for the iPhone on 24 month contract.
    Personally I want the galaxy s2 but will go on a 12month contract at €30 month €100 for the phone (€40 off with fatcheesr cash back) with meteor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

[QUOTE=Nibs05;73585517
    Personally I want the galaxy s2 but will go on a 12month contract at €30 month €100 for the phone (€40 off with fatcheesr cash back) with meteor.[/QUOTE]

Sounds great! How does this work? I'm not familiar with fatcheese. Is it a Eur40 cash back to use on their site for more purchases?

73trix wrote: »
    Sounds great! How does this work? I'm not familiar with fatcheese. Is it a Eur40 cash back to use on their site for more purchases?

Go to http://www.fatcheese.ie/, sign up for free. When you are signed up look for the mobiles tab on the top screen, select contract and PAYG, select Metoer, this will redirect you to the meteor site. Not sure what happens after this because I havnt signed up to meteor yet, but I Understand that you get €40 back into your account within a month (site says it could take upto 3 months). The offer is only valid if porting from another network.

Basically you get the galaxy s2 for €99 then €30 for 12 months =€459 (200 mins 200texts and 1 gig data on that plan) meteor may ask for a deposit anything from €50 to €300 have been quoted, you will get the deposit back after 6 months either to pay your bill or back in to the bank.

• Advertisement

[QUOTE: meteor may ask for a deposit anything from €50 to €300 have been quoted, you will get the deposit back after 6 months either to pay your bill or back in to the bank.[/QUOTE]

Huh? What's the deposit thing? I have never switched before or come across this. Is this just Meteor? Have people done this before and got their deposits back ok then??

How much was it?

All the network operators MAY ask for a deposit, you won't know you have to pay or how much the deposit is until you apply for your contract, you be lucky and not pay one at all. Seems some people on boards were having problems getting there deposits back but they seem to get it sorted either as credit on there contract or in the bank.

How much was it?

Each applicant is different

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 euro101

Nibs05 wrote: »
    Get yourself a free 3 PAYG sim online to check coverage, you can pick them up in the 3 store as well.
    As for the phone the galaxy s2 is better equipped a bit wider than a iPhone, new iPhone is coming out in September / October so bear this in mind if going for the iPhone on 24 month contract.
    Personally I want the galaxy s2 but will go on a 12month contract at €30 month €100 for the phone (€40 off with fatcheesr cash back) with meteor.
    Is it possible to check broadband coverage with standard phone (not a smartphone) using a free sim card as you have suggested? I would like to do so before signing up for 3 mobile free iphone offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

How much was it?

I went the 3 / Galaxy s2 route and i had to pay €150.00 deposit. The all you cant eat data is fantastic plus i've i'm saving €20 a month because i no longer use my old o2 dongle for surfing on my laptop at work. I just switch the wifi tether option and use the net through the phone.

Advertisement