Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 week old regurgitating and inconsistent sleep

• 01-08-2011 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭

hI all
    our 3 week old girl has just come off breast feeding to formula having been combine fed since birth... the last 3 days she hasnt been sleeping more that 30-40mins without waking screaming crying (apart from 11ish - 1.30ish at night when she satys down). she has also during the last few days started to projectial vomit 2 out of every 3 feeds... we are using Aptimal as we used this on our first child and never had any issues. are these symptoms familiar to anyone and has anyone any advice before we bring her to the GP in the morning?
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

If she is projectile vomitting please bring her to the GP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

we are going to in the morning for sure... she isnt projectile vomiting everytime to be honest its only been twice or three times, and I have read that it may be the 'burp' rejurgitating after sometime. We are finding it very difficult to get her to burp to be honest and she is extremely windy... farting all the time :)
    but as i say we are bringing her to the GP in the morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Could be reflux or just colic but it's always best to get it checked out :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Probably best to get it checked out with the doctor, but this is what we did with our LO once we knew it wasn't anything more serious.....

We realised as well that it was more a problem of wind that anything else so we started using Infacol and winding after every oz of the bottle and the problem did reduce hugely. We also changed formula to SMA which helped a bit too. We had tried cow and gate as well but that made things worse.

One thing a friend of mine told me to do was to take an oz of milk from a bottle and throw it on the worktop/floor and you might be surprised that what looks like a lot of sick is actually only a fraction of what the baby is drinking. That just helped to put our minds at ease a little bit.

Advertisement