Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

REX or Active Sky Evo?

Options
  • 01-08-2011 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭

Does anyone own either product? I want to buy one to make the weather in FSX more realistic. Doing a lot of VFR flying to practice for microlight flying in the summer and the default FSX weather is crap.

REX looks very nice but ASE seems to be more realistic and give more control.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Having used both...REX Overdrive HD pack for for better graphics quality,but ActiveSky has the better weather engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

Cheers. Did you find either of them hard on frame rates?

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭AfterDusk

pclancy wrote: »

REX improves frame rates, while improving the visuals - it's a must have. Not sure about ASE, never used it

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

I use REX, its great. What I like about it is that you can run it once, pick your cloud sets, textures etc and it will load them into FSX. FSX uses these textures from then on without the need for REX to be running at all.
    I normally use Vatsim's weather through FSInn which is also displayed using REX textures.
    I haven't used the built in weather engine enough to comment on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

pclancy wrote: »

Not really...no. I'm currently only using REX Overdrive with the 4096 pixel HD textures.

• Advertisement
Advertisement