Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

o2 money card wont add funds to psn store!

• 01-08-2011 12:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭

I am trying to purchase Crash Team Racing PSone classic from the store. I currently have an o2 money card (visa debit card). I went to the Store this morning to try and add €5.00 to my wallet. I entered in all the details correctly and double checked them twice. So eventually I come to a page asking me the following: "Do you want to add €5.00 to your wallet using your credit card? (Visa *My number with loads of x's through the middle*) So I choose "Yes" and a message pops up saying the following: "The Funds could not be added to your wallet." When i press circle it brings me back to the previous page again. Now I have checked the balance on my debit card and it tells me that SONY ONLINE SERVICES INTERNET GB have taken €1.00 from my account 8 times! I dont know why thsi is and I am getting seriously annoyed at this!
    A solution would be welcome. Please dont ask me to purchase a psn card because i dont want to.

thanks,
    oneill787

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

There is no way to top up without a credit or PSN card.

That's why it won't accept your debit card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭LiamIRL82

Use a 3V voucher, i have had no problems adding funds using a 3V.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭oneill787

Playstation do accept o2 money cards ive heard of many people doing it. anyone have a solution to get the o2 visa debit card working?

F1ngers wrote: »
    There is no way to top up without a credit or PSN card.

That's why it won't accept your debit card.

they took 8 euro off me so it must be acceptable!

LiamIRL82 wrote: »
    Use a 3V voucher, i have had no problems adding funds using a 3V.

i cant get one of those. thanks but i really want to know how to get the o2 money card working

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

I'm having a similar problem, using a Virtual Visa card number. I got an error code 80023102, i've looked it up and most people say they can purchase once sony refund the charge they put on the card a few days later (for verification purposes i'd imagine).

oneill787 wrote: »
    they took 8 euro off me so it must be acceptable!

If it was acceptable, they would have credited your account with €5.
    They charged you €1 (eight times :o) each time they were unable to accept payment from your non-credit card.
    Playstation do accept o2 money cards ive heard of many people doing it. anyone have a solution to get the o2 visa debit card working?

I've never heard of this.
    Have you seen people use their non-credit card on the PSN?
    Is there an O2 credit card that they may have been using?

zero19 wrote: »
    I'm having a similar problem, using a Virtual Visa card number. I got an error code 80023102, i've looked it up and most people say they can purchase once sony refund the charge they put on the card a few days later (for verification purposes i'd imagine).

i got that once also

F1ngers wrote: »
    If it was acceptable, they would have credited your account with €5.
    They charged you €1 (eight times :o) each time they were unable to accept payment from your non-credit card.

I've never heard of this.
    Have you seen people use their non-credit card on the PSN?
    Is there an O2 credit card that they may have been using?[/QUOa few people have been postin in the psn forums. people say that it worked for them before but suddenly stopped

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

I have used the o2 money card to top up my PSN account. The last time I did it was around mid-June.

Now when trying to top up, it says 'Funds could not be added to the wallet'.

It's a bit of a pain, but I go out and buy a PSN card now.

• Advertisement

TML91 wrote: »
    I have used the o2 money card to top up my PSN account. The last time I did it was around mid-June.

Now when trying to top up, it says 'Funds could not be added to the wallet'.

It's a bit of a pain, but I go out and buy a PSN card now.

yea thats what i have to do now but it kinda defeats the purpose of online purchases doesnt it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Before I got my CC and used 3V I can confirm that most places I used it took 1e of me as some kind of extra charge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

you could just buy a PSN card with your O2 money card on amazon or play or ebay or somewhere... bit of a roundabout way but it'll work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

yea thats what i have to do now but it kinda defeats the purpose of online purchases doesnt it?

I can only assume that Sony has stopped the use of Visa Debit cards, which is what the o2 card is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 113 ✭✭Dutch_Druid

Sony debits €1.00 from your card when you add a card (and change a detail I think). Your o2 card mightn't have enough funds on it after Sony took that €1. Don't worry, they credit it back to your card after a few days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

No solution to this anyone?

Created a PSN account, just so i could buy Sonic Adventure with whatevers left on my O2 Money card...no luck :(
    Such a pain..

On a similar note, anyone know for certain that 3V vouchers work?
    edit: seems http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056545606 was having problems with 3v vouchers as well....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I think the issue is with prepaid debit cards, as they work differently (from a charges point of view) to regular debit cards. I have had zero issues using my PTSB Visa Debit card anywhere online. You could always just buy PSN cards online. I bought some from gamesnash.ie and had the code in less than 3 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭LiamIRL82

I agree with Chris, Gamesnash.ie is brilliant & will email the code to you & they accept Laser:p

Thanks! bit of a nuisance they don't work anymore but ah well! :pac:
    For playstation plus, you can just buy that from your PSN balance, right? :) just making sure!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Thanks! bit of a nuisance they don't work anymore but ah well! :pac:
    For playstation plus, you can just buy that from your PSN balance, right? :) just making sure!

Yes, I did it last week!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭theothers108

Vouchers sold out on gamesnash.ie damn, having problems with 3v myself

Ended up picking up a 20 euro PSN card in Gamestop.
    Originally wanted Sonic Adventure (8 euro) but got Playstation Plus for 3 months, Sonic Adventure was half price on it :D plus the DLC (another 4 euro) is free for this month. :)

Pretty sweet timing for me :P

Ended up picking up a 20 euro PSN card in Gamestop.
    Originally wanted Sonic Adventure (8 euro) but got Playstation Plus for 3 months, Sonic Adventure was half price on it :D plus the DLC (another 4 euro) is free for this month. :)

Pretty sweet timing for me :P

You probably know this already, you get to keep the game when your subscription ends but lose the free dlc.

Advertisement