Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lawnmower very noisey!!!

Options
  • 01-08-2011 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hi all I have a Mountfield SP 470 self propelled lawnmower. It has a 4.0hp briggs and stratton engine. I have no problem starting it but when its running it is really noisy and I mean noisy:( Wonder does anyone know what might be wrong with it.
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Your muffler is probably rusted out or has a hole in it.
    You could order a new one or another way I have seen is to get a small car exhaust muffler and make that fit.
    It might take some engineering work but it will drastically reduce the noise when you cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭skippyman

thanks for that info CJ :D but how do I go about getting at the muffler in it!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

see the small black box on the left side as you drive it?
    Thats the muffler. Most good lawnmower service places will have one of the B+S mufflers in stock.

Advertisement