Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Avg taxi price from town?

Options
  • 01-08-2011 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭

Any idea's on what the expected taxi price from town is?
    Unfortunately not sure of what time I would be leaving so booking in advance is not really a goer.

Chances are it will be late - sometime after midnight.

Cheers
    T

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

€5 on the 00:00 02:00 or 04:00 NiteLink.

Between €70 ~ €80 in a taxi.

I haggled a driver to €50 last February.

Or you could try these for €7. Be prepared for the grand tour of Bray first and hope you wont need a loo.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Cheeky Chops

I've got a cab a few times for 35-40 quid. Generally you can get one easily for 50. But then I am known for haggling eh Ciaran? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭LMC

Taken a taxi a few times and its always 50

• Registered Users Posts: 45 yellatdave

Know a guy who does it for €40, less if its towards the end of his night. PM me for his number.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

There are plenty of people who will take you for €40. Make sure you settle the price first though as the meter can work out at about €60. First person we asked a while back was willing to bring me and three mates for €40. Can't go wrong for a tenner a head straight to your door.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Blandpebbles

40 euro always door to door.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭LMC

Good to know for future :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

yellatdave wrote: »
    Know a guy who does it for €40, less if its towards the end of his night. PM me for his number.

Can you PM his number too??

get taxi backs from town alot... averge cost is €50.. but at times has cost me €80 :confused:

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭artvandelay48

cocker5 wrote: »
    Can you PM his number too??

get taxi backs from town alot... averge cost is €50.. but at times has cost me €80 :confused:

Thanks

did you fall asleep and he took you via arklow? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭hous

i have tried the bus before....never, ever again.

Negotiate with taxi driver off meter...cheapest ive got is €30 (he was at the back of a long line of taxis!)

normally about 40-45 is about right depending where you are going to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Cheers all - it was for my better half earlier this week. She attempted to haggle but got "lets see what the meter says" - worked out at the 50...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,933 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Taltos wrote: »
    "lets see what the meter says"

"nah, lets see what the next driver says"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

hous wrote: »
    i have tried the bus before....never, ever again.

Why not? Personally, I've never had any problems with the bus home. Its fairly quick too. I've gotten the 12 nightlink and been in Blacklion by 12.35!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

I've got a cab a few times for 35-40 quid. Generally you can get one easily for 50. But then I am known for haggling eh Ciaran? :D

Only cos you were my first CC. :D

And Derek... was that you ringing me for a cab on Friday?

A) Im in Toronto
    B) Not a cab driver

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Yup that was me alright!!

Heh heh, sorry mate. I dunno what I was thinking. Just saw taxi in contacts and hit call :)

Confused me hearing your voice when I thought it was gonna be Keith.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

d31b0y wrote: »
    Yup that was me alright!!

Heh heh, sorry mate. I dunno what I was thinking. Just saw taxi in contacts and hit call :)

Confused me hearing your voice when I thought it was gonna be Keith.

No worries mate was watching the football in a Toronto pub and couldnt hear you properly. We did laugh.

I got another this morning! Blimey, ive had more calls for cab while in Canada, and i sold it over a year ago. :D

Advertisement