Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RPG wrestling....

Options
  • 01-08-2011 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭

I know this might (make that "will") sound a little lame, but a few years back I was part of a site called Lethal All-Pro Wrestling, which's basically had you write a promo and if you wrote a better one than you opponent you'd win the match (they would do a play by play of your match - which I have to say was very entertaining, those guys were good). Anyway, I was just thinking about it and decided to google myself (or at least my character "Medikill") to see if I could find anything ... and hey presto, I did :) Seems I'm in the HOF as part of the best tag team (was also tv champ for a run). I looked for some of my promos, but unfortunately can't find any :(

http://lethal-allpro.150m.com/titlehistory.html

http://lethal-allpro.150m.com/vault.html

Did anyone else on this forum take part in anything like that?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Yup, did it for years. Really enjoyed it back then

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

They were called E-Feds by the way

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

What a bunch of geeks

*Goes back to playing TEW*

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,177 ✭✭✭Ridley

I did for threeish years it until it felt like work.

I gladly lost a lot, had an awesome finisher, complained about a zombie Sting ripoff with ridiculous eyebrows and made a couple of a great friends who I'm regretfully not on the best speaking terms with anymore for the silliest of reasons. ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Melion wrote: »
    They were called E-Feds by the way

Some from my post a few months back will remember I actually have run three efeds over the years >_>

It was incredibly fun when you meet a group who aren't all about winning but rather about writing the best stories possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hygro

yeah, there were a fwe people who were a bit up themselves and hated losing, I just liked reading the promos ... you kinda knew beforehand when you were gonna get owned anyway :)

I did have a great promo though that started with Medikill in the jacuzzi with a few babes (wasn't doing the pg era thing!), then after they left, the interviewer guy pops his emerges from the water (with scuba gear on) to interview medikill. It went on to the changing room, shower and all of that, I thought it was funny (and won me the tv title). Another one was a promo shot in the shakespearian era ... great times, great times!

Met some good guys on there ... shoulda kept in touch.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ah, this is giving me nostalgia now so I'm going to share how big a geek I was.

I ran one character pretty much for five years accross about five different feds. His name was Dave Shadow. The character started out as "The Hardcore Hero" since I won the GWF Hardcore Title in my second match and let the title shape my character. I defended in weird and wacky matches, with my favorite being the "Smash Your Ass Through Glass" match; basically a tables match but with panes of glass (I actually had one of these involve me injuring my neck, and for the following five years, I constantly worked my bad neck into stories and matches).

Then I took over the GWF (Gamefaqs Wrestling Federation; 100% non-offical) where I became a Vince McMahon character. Despite the fact I won every title at least once, I pretty much lost every feud I was in since I wasn't about the wins and more about the angles (The GWF was actually an angle-based fed; results weren't based on who wrote the best RPs in a week but rather who put the most effort into every aspect of the fed, both in and out of character). I was far happier building other characters up and I ran the fed with the creed of making sure everyone who I was writing and working for were happy. Because of that run, my final win/loss record after five years was W/L/D: 79-102-11

Once GWF shut down, I moved to a place called Alpha Championship Wrestling where I raised through the ranks against some of the best wrestling writers and minds I've ever faced. Really great time and it annoys me I've lost contact with some of those people.

In my time efedding, I also briefly ran one called Castle Island Wrestling; set on an island off the coast of Cork, wrestlers were signed up and placed on one of two large teams (Team RED and Team BLUE). Each week, the individuals would face off in RP based matches and whichever team won the most matches over all in any show, week or month would get bonuses at the end of every month. Sadly we never made it to our first PPV cause I really enjoyed the Team Based aspect of the efed since it was something unique (imo) not just to efedding but to wrestling in general.

I also had a speciality match called the Shadowrun match; to win, you had to get a pinfall, submission AND countout victory. First person to pick up all three wins.

I actually just found this. It covers my first year and a half in efedding :)

http://ewrestling.wikia.com/wiki/Dave_Shadow

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hygro

brilliant stuff, I wonder if I'd have a better or worse imagination for dreaming up promos nowadays? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Noble Korhedron

If you want to try again, Google Federation-X; they're hosted by Tapatalk...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Surely he could come up with a good one after.....11 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Long time ago now but this existed on Bebo too. I got pretty involved, it was a lot of fun as we were all around the same age and there became like a culture to it, each evening playing out like stories on MSN chats. A few of those guys I'm still friends with via social media, funnily enough a couple of them went on to pro wrestling, TK Cooper whose rebuilding his career atm but was a breakout star at a Wrestlemania Weekend a few years ago, and AC Mack who is only now getting the roses he fully deserves as one of the best indie guys in the US.

Advertisement