Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCC - Who wants to go there?

• 01-08-2011 1:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭

Right. DCU and UL have one...so why not UCC?:p

Anyways, I'm Síne...18...Speech & Language Therapy is my first choice:)

Any other takers?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

UCCCCCCCC

Occupational Therapy

ftw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭RHunce

Noel, you most hold some sort of record for CAO change of mind, you started the DCU thread and you were heavily set on UL at one stage too :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

I know :eek: I could literally post in any college thread posted here :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    I know :eek: I could literally post in any college thread posted here :P

Exact same for me :P hey i'm soccy and basically ucc is my second choice and I could end up there..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Faunge

_meehan_ wrote: »

Anyways, I'm Síne...18...Speech & Language Therapy is my first choice:)

i'm siobhán, 18 and going for speech + language therapy as number one too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

I would have needed 6 A1s to get into med on last year's points requirements and my HPAT. And seeing as it's very, very, very unlikely that they're going to drop or stay the same, I basically can't get in :(

But if it helps, I know other people who want to go there :P

• Registered Users Posts: 20 RainbowDrops

I do I do :D

Social Science FTW :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Ashxoxo

I'm Aisling and im hopeing to do nutritional science :) Not too sure will i get the points though :confused: Fingers crossed :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭Patriciamc93

Going for finance in ucc......... Hoping I get it!

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Barrt2

Barry 18

computer science :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 helen001

UCC
    General Nursing :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Storming good choices folks. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Have commerce and french down as 5th choice, really want it though. I have the points for it from last year so I hope I don't beat last years tally to get my first choice (my first 4 choices have pretty much the same points).

And btw I probably wouldn't get the 480 required for Galway just in case you're wondering.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Schonie

Sonia here:) Would like to do Medicine in UCC but not getting my hopes up..still putting it as first choice though and hoping for the best:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

THFC wrote: »
    Have commerce and french down as 5th choice, really want it though. I have the points for it from last year so I hope I don't beat last years tally to get my first choice (my first 4 choices have pretty much the same points).

And btw I probably wouldn't get the 480 required for Galway just in case you're wondering.

/facepalm

As a matter of genuine concern, was the CAO ever explained to you?

/facepalm

As a matter of genuine concern, was the CAO ever explained to you?
    /facepalm

Yes I have quite a good understanding CAO. Up until a few weeks ago my heart was set on primary teaching, now I dont wanna do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭BazDel

I'm looking to do BIS in UCC :)

/facepalm

Yes I have quite a good understanding CAO. Up until a few weeks ago my heart was set on primary teaching, now I dont wanna do it.

Good luck with your risk so. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20 RainbowDrops

Really hope I get the points, there's no where else I want to go :D

Good luck with your risk so. :D

What risk? Perhaps you should come down from your high horse and read over my previous post. g'lad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭BazDel

What risk? Perhaps you should come down from your high horse and read over my previous post. g'lad.

Just out of interest you said the course you now want is fifth on your list as you no longer want to do primary teaching. What are the other four choices then as I thought Primary teaching was only taught in Mary I ,Limerick.

The risk of hoping for your fifth choice in a system that will try to give you the other four choices first.

You've made a late personal change of mind that the CAO are not able to acknowledge, I've seen this work very badly for others in the past and it's obviously never been pleasant.

So, Good luck. Hope the 22nd is not a disappointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

Daragh, 18, computer Science!!

Only posting here so meehan doesnt look like a failure :P

BazDel wrote: »
    Just out of interest you said the course you now want is fifth on your list as you no longer want to do primary teaching. What are the other four choices then as I thought Primary teaching was only taught in Mary I ,Limerick.
    PT is also taught in Marino and Froebel.

EDIT: and Church of Ireland College.
    The risk of hoping for your fifth choice in a system that will try to give you the other four choices first.

You've made a late personal change of mind that the CAO are not able to acknowledge, I've seen this work very badly for others in the past and it's obviously never been pleasant.

So, Good luck. Hope the 22nd is not a disappointment.
    What do you mean the risk of hoping for my 5th choice? When I filled out my CAO form I put down the courses I wanted most first. It just so happens the course I want most now is fifth, that could very well change a few weeks down the line, if it doesn't, so be it. It's not like I said to myself "ah sure I'll throw down my first choice fifth for da buzzzz..." I'm sure there are other options. And thanks for wishing me luck without adding one if then stupid little smiley faces.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

Daragh, 18, computer Science!!

Only posting here so meehan doesnt look like a failure :P

Are you not already in college though?! :confused:

Are you not already in college though?! :confused:

/me facepalms

No, I was in a PLC this year..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

/me facepalms

No, I was in a PLC this year..

That was hardly a facepalmable moment tbh!

That was hardly a facepalmable moment tbh!

Theyre all facepalmable moments with you :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

What do you mean the risk of hoping for my 5th choice? When I filled out my CAO form I put down the courses I wanted most first. It just so happens the course I want most now is fifth, that could very well change a few weeks down the line, if it doesn't, so be it. It's not like I said to myself "ah sure I'll throw down my first choice fifth for da buzzzz..." I'm sure there are other options. And thanks for wishing me luck without adding one if then stupid little smiley faces.

I think you've taken him up a little wrong..he's not chastising you for hoping for your 5th choice, he just says it's a risk because the course you wanna do is 5th, and if you get the points required for any of your first four, you won't get it (as you know). It is a risk like, but not one you took intentionally.

Good luck with the results/offers anyways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Digits

Computer Science is my second choice so I could well end up in UCC. :)

Advertisement