Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spanish-English exchange dinner

• 01-08-2011 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi! I'm organizing a exchange spanish-english dinner to be held in Dublin in the month of August with the idea of becoming something regular if it works out. So if you are studying spanish and want to meet up with a few spanish speakers studying english and practice both languages over a tapas and sangria dinner this might be for you!!
    It is still early days but I've already found a venue in Dublin city and the price would be around the €20 per person for dinner and sangria. If you have any ideas or you are interested in taking part just let me know!!:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭niallcon4re

I am interested in an intercambio but I don't think people should be asked to pay 20 euro for something up front. Why not just meet up in a bar for a drink?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 spaniard_dub

Hi, Im not saying anybody should pay €20 upfront, that could be the cost of dinner and a couple of drinks and everybody would pay by themselves at the place, I personally think it is good value. I'm not for the idea of meeting in a bar basically because they tend to be very noisy and I prefer to talk more relaxed around a dinner table, but hey! that's just me and I understand not everybody is into the same kind of thing ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭niallcon4re

okay - fair enough.

Well, I'd be up for it.

The uptake hasn't been great so far though. Come on folks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Luiso

I'm spanish and interested in this kind of event if it's organized in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭S Connor

Am curious cause I'm learning Spanish, did this event ever take place?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭S Connor

Opps forgot to ask, are you planning any more?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Brian D H

El lunes que viene (5 de marzo) es el primer evento de spanglish en dublin. Va a empezar a las 6 en D2 en Harcourt St. Habra mucho gente alla y esperamos que vosotros podrèis venir tambien. Ven y practica tu espanol/ingles! no hay mejor forma de aprender a hablar un idioma que hablar con un nativo de la lengua que estas aprendiendo!

Next Monday (5th of March) is the first Spanglish event in Dublin! It starts at 6pm in D-two on Harcourt Street. Already a big crowd is expected. Come along and get practising your English/Spanish! There is no better way to learn than speaking with natives in an organised and easy going manner!!

Hope to see you all there!! :-)

http://www.facebook.com/spanglishdublin

Advertisement