Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phoenix Street Festival

Options
  • 01-08-2011 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone attended the phoenix street festival this sat or sun night in cork...i was there for bits of it and it seemed to be a very quiet crowd!! what was your opinions of the festival??

Unfortunately i dont think it was too successful this weekend, however im a big fan of cork providing festivals such as this in the future..i just feel that for the weekend that was in it..that a lot of corkonians travelled for their entertainment i.e. Mitchelstown and Clonakilty festivals and the Irish Open in Killarney

I hope that another festival like this is organised again soon and im sure it would proove to be successful :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

Wasn't aware of it. What was it about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

Same.I saw a few pictures in the Echo but I thought it as Dublin or something for some reason(Brain fart moment :o)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

Was that the skate fest the crane organized on Sunday? I thought it was good, the Cork city firebirds (the Rollerderby team) had their after party from their bout with Dublin there so the crowd was way better than usual for the crane and the half pipe set up out the back was cool. Music was terrible though...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

Of the 10 minutes which I got to experience of it on Sunday (I'm important so I had to be somewhere) I liked it. It's cool turning a corner and.. Hey Presto!! A festival! The band 'The Idle Hour' were good. Played a Chillies song and 'For the Last Time' by Rory Gallagher whilst I was there. I was told that the funds raised from the festival were for the acquisition of skate boards for children with autism.

Advertisement