Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband for 6 months?

• 01-08-2011 3:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭

I'm moving into an apartment and I'm looking to get broadband, but not for a 12 month contract (unless there's a way to leave the contract for free).

Is a mobile broadband USB stick on PAYG my only option?

The place already has unused, but broadband enabled telephone and UPC connections.

Has anyone been able to agree up front with UPC, Vodafone or similar to shorten the 12 month minimum to 6 or 9 month?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

You won't get broadband on a 6 month contract, anywhere. PAYG midband is your only chance at an Internet connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭pat13wx

plazzTT wrote: »
    I'm moving into an apartment and I'm looking to get broadband, but not for a 12 month contract (unless there's a way to leave the contract for free).

Is a mobile broadband USB stick on PAYG my only option?

The place already has unused, but broadband enabled telephone and UPC connections.

Has anyone been able to agree up front with UPC, Vodafone or similar to shorten the 12 month minimum to 6 or 9 month?

Probably Pay-as-you-go is the best option for you. But have a chat with UPC and Vodafone, perhaps if you explain your situation fully to them they'll make some sort of concession in your case. They'd be mad to turn down the few bob.

Advertisement